New vape suggestion for an old vaper

technique

Hi guys,

This is where I came to start my vaping career seemed a good place to come now I need a new model as my ssv is playing up.

I want something to hit hard and be relatively good at conservation. I have had a look around and don't really recognise the models in use these days.

I want something on demand as I like to vary my vapeing pace depending on my mood.

I like the sounds of

Evo (do I constantly need new baskets for this?)
Plenty (doea it use a lot of materials? Can it be used with bongs)
Flower pot
Herbalizer ti
Firefly 2.
Ghost mv1

I don't know much about these models so can't really compare them and would love some help please. Happy to consider other models I haven't mentioned here.

Summer

Long Island, NY
So it looks like you want on-demand, convection. I think the Plenty is conduction, but don't quote me. I'll throw the Firewood 5 & Splinter Z into the mix, but with the latter, you'll have to wait until the Splinter Z is restocked which might not be immediately.

Do you prefer water use: Flowerpot, Herborizer Ti or XL OR non-water usage: FF 2, Plenty, FW5
OR both: Ghost, Evo, Splinter Z. Can you afford to pick up one dedicated for water & one for dry? If not, what would you want 1st?

All these above which the exception of the Plenty & Herbalizer since I don't know, will have good flower flavor.

Are you intending to use just flower or concentrates, too?

I can't attest to the Plenty or Herbalizer, & have read that the EVO is not (as) economical w/ herb, but all the others do exceptionally well with microdosing & are economical.

Last edited:

technique

So it looks like you want on-demand, convection. I think the Plenty is conduction, but don't quote me. I'll throw the Firewood 5 & Splinter Z into the mix, but with the latter, you'll have to wait until the Splinter Z is restocked which might not be immediately.

Do you prefer water use: Flowerpot, Herbalizer OR non-water usage: FF 2, Plenty, FW5
OR both: Ghost, Evo, Splinter Z. Can you afford to pick up one dedicated for water & one for dry? If not, what would you want 1st?

All these above which the exception of the Plenty & Herbalizer since I don't know, will have good flower flavor.

Are you intending to use just flower or concentrates, too?

I can't attest to the Plenty or Herbalizer, & have read that the EVO is not (as) economical w/ herb, but all the others do exceptionally well with microdosing & are economical.

I like to use water to cool the hits and remove and debris from the vapor but this is not needed if these things are achieved in other ways.

I don't really use concentrates I'm more of a flower type of guy.

As for convection yes I will need that as I can take ages over a bowl and don't like it cooking while not in use

Thanks for the suggestions will look into those I haven't heard of.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Off hand, since you want on-demand, hard-hitting water usage, I'd say the FP as long as you can have a safe setup for it (heated metal you know) & look into the Herborizer. Check out youtube vids for the vapes you are interested in as well as videos in the corresponding FC threads. For flavor & hard-hitting dry, I'd say the Ghost & the FW5 for a future purchase. Go slow, as you are gonna get hit with a lot of opinions. :nod: I'll be back around on the other end. :)

Last edited:

CalyxSmokr

All are good choices but it depends how you want to use it. Unless you are vaping with 3 or more people regularly I would go with a log vape first. That does everything well but not great for party sessions. The flowerpot has a great reputation but that looks like mandatory water tool use. Also herbalizer has a great rep but with similar function that you really want a bong setup. Any off these would make a great at home daily driver but I prefer the log. If you don't tend towards the microdose then I would consider the other 2. Evo would be great too but not better than the log for how I like to use it on demand convection hits exactly the size I want.
Ghost has mixed reviews. Firefly even more so. If I was going portable I would look at mistvape touch, Lil Bud, and firewood 5 - although I found the posters in the fw5 thread spectacularly unhelpful when questioned which is enough to withdraw it from consideration
most depends on how you want to use it and with how many people.
I find logs the most versatile but not as thick a vapor as the ssv. That is just fine for me because I can get too big a hit from an SSV or LSV as often as not

Summer

Long Island, NY
Nah, I won't say a log vape, i.e Enano, even though I think the OP would like it, he wants something really hard-hitting referenced by his inclusion of the Plenty. That's why I also won't say the Evo.

BTW, @technique, I think you meant, & I meant too, the Herborizer Ti & not Herbalizer(?). *Went back to correct my previous 2 posts. I always get those 2 names confused! :doh:

Here's a post I coincidentally just came across on IG:

"Herborizer Ti would also make that list- hits harder than Flowerpot with material going slightly further with a longer lasting effect. Closer to Sublimator but way way smoother. Better flavour than FP too. Highly underrated and unknown desktop still."

habitat-fc

If you are looking for flower only I recommend Flowerpot Showerhead or the Herborizer Ti, these both hit very hard through a water tool and are both lots of fun to use. Pick up the micro-dose bowl if you go for the herborizer as that helps conserving material.

If you use concentrates and flower a lot of people recommend the Flowerpot VROD, I don't have any experience with the VROD but most people seem to love it. Similar performance to the Showerhead with flower as well.

I prefer the Flowerpot slightly to the Herborizer but they are very close, I find the Flowerpot hits better from a cold bowl than the Herbo which needs a little preheat to perform similarly. I have only used the analog Herborizer Ti so the digital version may be more powerful. The Herborizer is more sedating, than the Flowerpot in its effect as well.

The EVO is amazing but I feel doesn't quite hit as hard as the other two, you can clean the baskets and re use them but they do need replacing every now and then.

I would also look into the Glass Symphony as that is meant to hit very hard and is perfect for water tools.

I have no experience with the Firefly 2 or the Ghost MV1 but I hear better things about the MV1.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, in interest of fairness to log vapes, which are very versatile because they work equally well through water & dry, here's a vid. showing the Vape Critic (the hard-hitting Vapor King!) using the Enano & Woodscents so you can be your own judge of the vapor output. The nano would be an economical one for you to consider to hold you over until you were certain if & what expensive vape you want to invest in. And you can leave it on 24/7 at low voltage so it's always ready to go.

And yeah, if you went with the New Vape, you would want the FlowerPot not the VROD if you're only gonna do flower.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Life saber............you are familiar with the unit having used a ssv.
Hands down my favorite go to for flower through a piece......or a whip.......or a wand.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
In 2010 the Da Buddha was my first vape, very similar to the SSV. My daily driver is now the FlowerPot after having gone through 20+ different vapes. THe Herborizer is on my list, but only because of the strong FC following. My concerns with the Herborizer is breakage and cleaning. With both the FlowerPot and Herborizer you do need a glass piece, and when cleaning glass there is always a concern about breakage, but with the Herborizer there is a glasss sleeve that is part of the vape. The FlowerPot does not have a glass sleeve, very little to break other than your glass piece. I like redundancy, so I have two coils, two PIDs and more than two glass pieces at my disposal. Effectively as long as I have power I will always have the use of my FlowerPot ShowerHead and that is the way I intend to keep it.

I do have other vapes I enjoy, but none medicate me like the FlowerPot. Everyone should have a VapCap, sometimes I am just too impatient with mine. I enjoy my unregulated Milaana 2 and my ArGo, the later is my on the go discrete vape. The Milaana may become my new bedside vape in case I wake up in the middle of the night. The FireFly 2 used to hold that position, but imho it is a messy vape. The FF2 requires stirring and when you do so your herb goes everywhere.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Member since 2011! Respect.

I don't have any first hand experience with the list of heavy hitters Summer and the gang are lining up for consideration. The Ghost MV1 doesn't sound like a good fit to me though. Those dinky little crucibles with their little lids and no display for adjusting temp.

I love the no nonsense ritual of the unregulated Lil Bud and I could see a combo with a desktop like the ones already mentioned with a LB as the sidekick for convenience.

The Tubo and Splinter are solid options for portables and heavy hitters also adore the Supreme if you don't mind fucking with a torch.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@bossman, don't be talking disrespectfully about my beloved Ghost.
slap.gif
They're gonna have to pry that vape out of my cold, dead hands. :nod: Working the Ghost to me is like using silverware when I eat, it became 2nd nature. Wood mod box type vapes just don't appeal to me, although I would love the opportunity to try several of them once & I would like to try the FW5 as it's rated superb in flavor.

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Silver Surfer,Vapolution, Venus Helios, Tubo Evic, Firewood, Lil'Bud, Milaana, Ed's Woodscents all come to mind as some good possibilities for you.

Tubo Evic you may need to have patience obtaining however, as @funkyjunky, the creator offers batches for sale periodically. Best bet is to sign up for the emails for a while to get a feel for the timing of the "drops" if you consider it.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman, don't be talking disrespectfully about my beloved Ghost.
slap.gif
They're gonna have to pry that vape out of my cold, dead hands. :nod: Working the Ghost to me is like using silverware when I eat, it became 2nd nature. Wood mod box type vapes just don't appeal to me, although I would love the opportunity to try several of them once & I would like to try the FW5 as it's rated superb in flavor.

You're right that I shouldn't be dissing a vape I haven't tried. Honestly, I'd probably love an MV1 myself. My favorite vape to use is the Lil Bud and I like how I don't feel rushed by on demand convection vapes.

And yeah, I'm not having the best time bonding with my Splinter or my Tubo X. I've had great sessions with them but they seem best at bigger loads than I go for and the box mod settings are more perplexing than fun to this point.

So maybe the MV-1's idiot light interface and crucible routine would just become part of the background like stirring my LB every other hit or using dosing caps with this bf Mighty.

Fuck me; like I need to be buying another $300 vape.

bossman,

Summer

Long Island, NY
I like how I don't feel rushed by on demand convection vapes.

Not too sure what you mean so I'll answer both interpretations:

1) Both the Ghost & mod for my Splinter Z have a 15 sec cutoff. For me that's the max I can inhale for. Sometimes I go for as little as 10. There are those who can inhale as long as 20+ sec. But with the appropriate firmware, you can set your mod for 25 sec to cover all inhalation times. So one is not rushed.

2) You take a hit & you take the next hit when you choose. The only difference is with the aforementioned vapes you'll have to turn the vape on again if it times out, while, if I'm correct, with the Milaana & LB(?) you don't to turn the unit on again. But regardless, all on-demand vapes take a couple of pre-hits or preheating to completely get up to temp. So taking 3 hits to me is not being rushed.

I'm not having the best time bonding with my Splinter or my Tubo X. I've had great sessions with them but they seem best at bigger loads than I go for and the box mod settings are more perplexing than fun to this point.

Why don't you just stick with wattage mode for now & just work with honing in your preferred wattages. I haven't messed with tcr yet & I'm having success just in wattage. You can get away with very little in both -- say .05. I use .1 in both & that produces about 5 or 6 step-up temp hits in the Ghost & about 4 in the Splinter or Z. You probably can get away with less, but I've never tried it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Not too sure what you mean so I'll answer both interpretations:

1) Both the Ghost & mod for my Splinter Z have a 15 sec cutoff. For me that's the max I can inhale for. Sometimes I go for as little as 10. There are those who can inhale as long as 20+ sec. But with the appropriate firmware, you can set your mod for 25 sec to cover all inhalation times. So one is not rushed.

2) You take a hit & you take the next hit when you choose. The only difference is with the aforementioned vapes you'll have to turn the vape on again if it times out, while, if I'm correct, with the Milaana & LB(?) you don't to turn the unit on again. But regardless, all on-demand vapes take a couple of pre-hits or preheating to completely get up to temp. So taking 3 hits to me is not being rushed.

Oops, I said that backwards by mistake, sorry: it's my session vapes that make me feel rushed compared to my Tubo, Splinter, and LB.

And I forgot you support rbt now. I was just making conversation. Good tip though, thanks!

bossman,
Reactions: arb

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Taking my reply to pm.

Thanks for the PM Summer and thanks again for the wattage tip and the added details about convection vape technique! We started off goofy footed because I misspoke in my previous post when it was my session vapes that make me feel rushed sometimes. I wanted you to know that I meant no disrespect; I just wasn't trying to derail the thread.

ejackyou

Hamilton
Hi guys,

This is where I came to start my vaping career seemed a good place to come now I need a new model as my ssv is playing up.

I want something to hit hard and be relatively good at conservation. I have had a look around and don't really recognise the models in use these days.

I want something on demand as I like to vary my vapeing pace depending on my mood.

I like the sounds of

Evo (do I constantly need new baskets for this?)
Plenty (doea it use a lot of materials? Can it be used with bongs)
Flower pot
Herbalizer ti
Firefly 2.
Ghost mv1

I don't know much about these models so can't really compare them and would love some help please. Happy to consider other models I haven't mentioned here.

If you're into Bongs, and paraphernalia, Hard hits, and life time quality,
Don't waste time and money, and head over to NewVape for the Flower Pot
Add a VapCap or two, and Your Portable?
I personally Love My 'Plenty'

Last edited:
Top Bottom