• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

New Vape Idea... Input Needed

reece

g124v17y said:
So take things like "(don't you fucking tell me it doesn't happen I will slap the shit out of you.)" AS A JOKE, before you assume that malice was the intention behind it.

Love and Peace... Out ;)

It may be an obvious joke to you and some others, me included, however:

A. Sometimes those kinds of jokes don't always come across as intended on a message board.

B. Some people don't play the same way you do, especially with someone they don't know.

C. Being stoners doesn't mean we all have the same sense of humor.

D. Even though the "slap the shit out of you," part was a joke, the dismissal of others' opinions on the matter was not. Correct?

E. This is the most important. The joke wasn't funny. You can get a way with more if it is a good joke.

So, while some were rude in their replies, please recognize your joke set the stage. Your joke was rude, so naturally you got some rude replies. It's funny how that works.

Good luck with your idea.

reece,

lwien

reece said:
E. This is the most important. The joke wasn't funny. You can get a way with more if it is a good joke.

So, while some were rude in their replies, please recognize your joke set the stage. Your joke was rude, so naturally you got some rude replies. It's funny how that works.

Fuck you, reece. :brow:

mod note: Adding a smilie to a comment like this doesn't cut it, so cut it out.

lwien,

Egzoset

Banned
Hummm... Substances which produce energy when combined, euh...

Any good store has those: they're called batteries.

:2c:

Egzoset,

reece

lwien said:
reece said:

Fuck you, reece. :brow:
:lol:

My point is proven. Thanks. :lol:

reece,

g124v17y

Thanks for not adding anything of importance to the thread reece. I don't care if it was funny or even if you thought it was rude lol you should always respond with respect and the assumption that the other person isn't just being an ass. That way nothing gets escalated because people are being decent to one another. While what I said might have been unintentionally and vaguely rude to some, what he said was obviously rude towards me, and he appologized for it. But I'd like to stop talking about this because we've moved past it now.

@egzoset
Yea..... hopefully this idea would be cheaper than batteries... they seem to get more expensive every day.... when i was a kid they were like a nickel and now theyre like, what, 50, 60 cents each? And you would only be able to use them a few times and that would be it.. or before recharging but thats even more $$... This idea is supposed to be sort of "green" lol :p

mod note: I think you'd better let staff handle the behavior issues and stick to the topic. If you see comments that aren't helpful or that you don't like, I suggest you ignore them. This thread will be closed and sent to ABV if necessary.

g124v17y,

lwien

g124v17y said:
But I'd like to stop talking about this because we've moved past it now.

But you only want to move past it AFTER you get in the last word, right? Wrong, because it is I who needs to get in the last word.

Ok.........now it's time to move on. :cool:

lwien,

g124v17y

:lol: well i gotta respond to something written directly to me! lol but at least i try to add to the thread as well! :p :cool:

I posted this proposal on a physics forum and I'm waiting to see if anyone on there has an idea that could help. Thanks for everyones help, I'll update as I get info. :)

g124v17y,
high again, what about a dynamo like the old hand crank flashlights? Still using our kinetic friend...portable aromed anyone?

thevapedcrusader,

Scripto23

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I don't think some people are quite grasping the concept of just how much energy is required to generate even a slight bit of heat. For instance, an AA alkaline battery can hold about 10,000 joules (rechargeable NiMHs about 9000). They weigh about 23 grams, giving a whopping energy density of 434 joules per gram. As a comparison, a gram of butane fuel contains about 50,000 joules per gram. So it should be quite apparent that if you're looking for most heat energy in the smallest package, combustible fuels are hard to beat (this is also why cars still run on gasoline and not batteries). I'm not saying batteries are bad, the MFLB works great after all, I'm just saying that they cannot hold nearly as much energy as even a fraction of their weight in butane or other similar fuel.

As for handcranks, heat energy produced would depend on how fast, for how long, and how hard you crank it for, but I wouldn't expect no more than a few thousand joules (at most) after a half hour or so of vigorous cranking.

Sorry I don't really have any great ideas to contribute, but I thought that this might help you guys along.

Scripto23,

OO

Technical Skeptical
BTW, gravity, you largely misunderstand the thermite reaction, thermite is two very inert metals that, in order to react, have a very large activation energy, so large in fact that what is commonly used to initiate the reaction is a lit piece of magnesium, which burns extremely hot.

btw, if you would like to buy some thermite, it i know a guy who makes it.

OO,

g124v17y

hahaha i know i guy who makes it too lol... makes his own fireworks actually... but anyways i know what thermite is and how it works... but the thing about thermite is that if handled too roughly it can ignite itself, this is what I was talking about... but it doesn't really matter as thermite is way too hot, i was just using the reaction as an example.

and thanks scripto23, I will see what I can figure out using that info.

g124v17y,

OO

Technical Skeptical
g124v17y said:
hahaha i know i guy who makes it too lol... makes his own fireworks actually... but anyways i know what thermite is and how it works... but the thing about thermite is that if handled too roughly it can ignite itself, this is what I was talking about... but it doesn't really matter as thermite is way too hot, i was just using the reaction as an example.

and thanks scripto23, I will see what I can figure out using that info.
that is a false statement, in fact it takes an extreme amount of mishandling to accidentally ignite thermite.

your friend must be adding some interesting stuff to his to make it unstable.

OO,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I wonder about the Li-Ion battery packs that are out there now...

Tekkeon has 2*18650's

33069136-2-200-OVR-1.gif

if the resistor in a log vape was changed to a different value, could it produce the same heat from 5 volts as it does from 12 volts?

the tekkeon, like other li-ion chargers, has two stacked batteries, which can produce 7.4 volts if you by-pass their step-down circuit.

am i missing something here, if the bud toaster can run for an hour, and uses gobs of power in short bursts, can't the same batteries power something low power for much longer?

also, i remember hearing about a vape that used a tiny 4 watt ceramic heating element, I wonder if something like that could be made to work with the Tekkeon, so you could have a small self-powered Hakko type vape that heats up when you push a button...?

sorry, off topic, sort of

VWFringe,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Have you ever heard of a fire-piston?

They create a lot of heat with minimal effort based on the principle of rapid compression of air (gas).

I'm not sure how one would control the intensity and duration of the heat, but if you could work that out you might have something really nice to work with.

OhTheAgony,

Egzoset

Banned
The problem with low-voltage power circuits is that their conductors themselves may become significantly lossy compared to the heating element, which would affect the final cost... Light Emiting Diodes (LEDs) are inherent low-voltage devices, i'd investigate quasi-LASER LEDs in hope that the right mix of battery and LED power/voltage can meet the requirements of a handheld vaporizer; if there's a possibility for some self-regulating heater based on wavelength absorbtion then this could possibly contribute to a simpler design as a by-product.

:peace:

Egzoset,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
What about the vrip bat that uses the car's cig lighter as a heating source.

lesvape,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi, this is the VripTech Vapor Bat:

Correct me if i'm wrong but it seems to me that the "intake" end allows the air path to come in direct contact with the heating element... If that's the case then i much prefer layouts as those seen in Hippie Dickie's BudToaster, this one alternately:

VapBong

...or even better, this "fantasy" one:

...which is just my own modified imaginary version of the VapBong.

You'll notice that in the later cases the air path is practically "pure" if you can ignore the screen.

Egzoset,

Pappy

shmaporist
Solar power? The sun plus a magnifying glass in some sorta Stone Henge configuration, miniaturized of course!
Pardon me but I'm a tad stoned and am reading this and that's what occurred to me. :lol:

Good luck! :peace:

Pappy,

Egzoset

Banned
Please welcome!...

...in the Left corner, the BC Vaporizer
...in the Right corner, the Solarizer

So... Directly above we have two "Conduction" type vaporizers it seems...

My concern with the Solarizer would be the sun's position which is not always vertical, depending on seasons...

Egzoset,

Scripto23

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Pappy said:
Solar power? The sun plus a magnifying glass in some sorta Stone Henge configuration, miniaturized of course!
Pardon me but I'm a tad stoned and am reading this and that's what occurred to me. :lol:

Dude, I'm not sure if you were joking or if you can read minds but I'm actually working on a solar powered vape similar to the type you described. It will be large, but will be awesome. I plan on using a 50" fresnel lens from an old rear projection tv which will create more than enough heat, it can even melt metal. I pretty much plan to use this idea: http://www.instructables.com/id/Giant-Fresnel-Lens-Deathray-An-Experiment-in-Opti/

Scripto23,

Pappy

shmaporist
Scripto23 said:
Pappy said:

Dude, I'm not sure if you were joking or if you can read minds but I'm actually working on a solar powered vape similar to the type you described. It will be large, but will be awesome. I plan on using a 50" fresnel lens from an old rear projection tv which will create more than enough heat, it can even melt metal. I pretty much plan to use this idea: http://www.instructables.com/id/Giant-Fresnel-Lens-Deathray-An-Experiment-in-Opti/
Ideas are like radio waves... You just gotta be tuned into the proper channel! ;) Keep it under 450 F with wind power generated by excess solar heat. :D

Pappy,
Top Bottom