New to Vaporizing

J0EYz

Im relatively new to vaporizing, and smoking in general. I was hoping someone could recommend a decent vape for ~$100. I really don't care for how it tastes, or the battery life. I just want something that won't kill my lungs and something that won't stink up my house.

I tried reading a few of the posts here, but just about every term went over my head. The extent of my knowledge of smoking weed is that when I smoke it, I get high. I know nothing about convection/conduction, oil vs wax, desktop vs pen... I smoke maybe 2-3 times a week when I'm not cramming for an exam, so I don't need anything extremely durable either.

Cliffs: Could anyone recommend a decent vape that will keep the smell down and my lungs healthy?

J0EYz,

herbivore21

Get a vapcap like Killick says above. You're an occasional user, no need to spend a fortune. You torch it with a jet lighter on the end until the cap clicks, then inhale, then wait for the cap to click again to tell you it has cooled back down, then you can torch again for your next hit whenever you fit. Respect the clicks and you can't go wrong.

I do not recommend anything electronic or battery powered that costs less than $100 and do not recommend butane vapes other than the vapcap for beginners - it is too easy to accidentally combust in other butane vapes that don't give you feedback on the temp (like the click on the vapcap).

Squiby

I second the Dynavap Vapcap. It is an excellent vaporizer, one of the best really IMO. :2c:

Forget all the terminology for now. Vaporizing weed is really just baking the weed short of burning it (combusting) and inhaling he vapors. The type of heat used is through convection and/or conduction, but none of that is important now. Get started by buying an inexpensive but efficient vape.

The Vapcap is a good choice because it is a manually heated vape. It's simple. No need for endless batteries and chargers and bits and pieces to keep track of and maintain.

The Vapcap has very few parts. You put your herb of choice in the bowl and put on a metal cap over top of the bowl. Then you heat the cap with just about anything you want; a jet lighter, a bic lighter, a camp fire, a candle,a stove element. Once the cap is heated to temperature, it will make a clicking sound and you are ready to toke.

Check out the Dynavap forum. There are lots of friendly folks there that will answer any question you have.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-274#post-1025948

Here is the Dynavap website. For a first vape, get the glass bodied OG Vapcap.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/vapcap-original/

Welcome to FC and I hope you enjoy your new vaporizer!

:leaf:. :leaf:. :leaf:.

Top Bottom