New to Vaporizing/ G pro vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1zm0

Hello everyone!
I am new to vaporizing and this forum and have only vaped 2 times and smoked 3 times before that. Basically I started vaping because it doesn't smell as much and it is good for a big city. A health benefit is also a reason:) I did a lot of research on vaping and found many answers to many of my questions. I just bought the new G pro vaporizer because it was affordable and very portable. I know it might be a copy of Titan but it seems that it has some improvements.
Here are some questions that are still unanswered and I will appreciate any help from you guys!:)

1) Does vaporizer give off weed smell after you vaped and cleaned it and you just have it somewhere in your room? ( if it does how do you eliminate the smell?)
2) Is G pro really a convection vaporizer and is there any way to test it?( their websites and many others claim that its true convection)
3) Do all plastic/rubber vapes have a very slight plastic smell and taste at first even when you're not vaping and just try to smell it inside? It seems to be coming from the little rubber piece right above the chamber. the silicone rubber mothpieces also have very similar smell.( Does it go away?)
4) How many hits do you get from 0.3-0.5g and are you supposed to be able to see the vapor?
5) when you vape is it better to start at a low temperature and increase it as you vape? If yes why?
6) do I have to pack the herbs tight? Is it ok if I pack 0.3g if the chamber is 0.5?
Thank you very much for your help!
I appologize if I asked something that has been covered here before or if I sound like a total noob lol

Last edited:
g1zm0,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Welcome to the site!

There's a lot of information on this site, it can take a while to digest everything (hell, I've been here about 6 months and just barely scraped the surface of this forum's useful information!).

I really haven't heard of that vape (doesn't get mentioned around here often) - but I think I found the proper thread on this site (doesn't seem to have much information....)
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/grenco-science-g-pen-pro-herbal-vaporizer.15211/
Edit - if it really is a rebranded Titan - here's the link to that thread - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/titan-vaporizer.13724/

I'll try to break down some of these questions, but it's all subjective to you and your habits.

1) Depends on the vape. Some vapes have removable parts which can be soaked. Others may accumulate vapor resin in unreachable places and develop some odors. I have noticed odors from one of my PV's, while my others have no smell. But again, it also depends on usage and how frequently you clean it. Some of my vapes have no noticeable odor.

2) Don't really know how the Gpro works, can't comment - I suggest you check out the Gpro thread and ask your product-specific questions there

3) So far as I can tell, most electronic vapes will have a normal robot-fart smell for the first week as it airs out. Usually the standard procedure for any PV is to charge it, clean it with ISO where possible, then do several "Burn-Offs" at high/maximum temperature. Sometimes an additional ISO clean is necessary after the burnoffs. - If a vape still smells like melting plastic after a few weeks, it's probably not a good thing..... Preheat the vape to maximum while the chamber is 100% clean and look for any off-gassing/smoke by shining a bright flashlight over both ends of the vapor path.

4) Jesus man - 0.3 to 0.5??? depends on what temperatures you start at, and where you end. With 0.4g - I think I'd oose count after 150 on my Davinci Ascent (Seriously - 0.4g is a solid 30 minute session on my Ascent). Note - I usually pack between 0.1 and 0.2 in my Desktop Log-vaporizer

5) HIGHLY suggest perusing this thread - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporization-temperature-dependent-selection-of-effects.1637/
Different temperatures have different medicating effects. It's all about personal preference my friend! ;)
(FWIW - I usually prefer low temperatures in the morning, and high temperatures after work)

6) Vaporizer specific. Some vapes work best loose, some work best moderately compacted. Typically I've found that vapes which use Conduction heating prefer a dense load (to help transfer the heat). True (not some marketing bullshit) Convection vaporizers which preheat the air before hitting the herbs seem to work best when they are loosely packed

Last edited by a moderator:

max

Out to lunch
How many hits do you get from 0.3-0.5g and are you supposed to be able to see the vapor?

Jesus man - 0.3 to 0.5???
I'll 2nd that. If you don't really mean .03-.05g instead, you should. As for counting hits, don't. There are too many variables, including what model vape you're using, and the temps you're using. And the biggest variable is the person taking the hits. It may take user A 3 hits to equal one hit by user B.

Vapor visibility can also vary a lot, depending on various factors, including the quality and angle of light you're looking into. The more you load and the bigger you hit, the more visible vapor you'll have, all else being equal.
....I sound like a total noob
Yes you do, but you don't have to apologize for it. ;) Check youtube for some vids on this and similar Grenco products.

g1zm0

Thank you for your help guys!
Rubber smell significantly decreased after i cleaned it with 70% rubbing alcohol and ran it on 420F for 35 mins.

So I just pack like 0.1 g in the vape? wow! that would save me A LOT of weed and money! If it get's you the same high as a 1g joint what's the purpose of smoking at all then? lol

How long will it take me to vape 0.1g if i take big long hits? (0.1g is good for the first few times right?)

P.S. Can someone give me advice on how to inhale vapor properly? Its not like drawing smoke and then pushing it in with air? if there is a thread about it just post a link

Thanks again!

Last edited:
g1zm0,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thank you for your help guys!
Rubber smell significantly decreased after i cleaned it with 70% rubbing alcohol and ran it on 420F for 35 mins.

So I just pack like 0.1 g in the vape? wow! that would save me A LOT of weed and money! If it get's you the same high as a 1g joint what's the purpose of smoking at all then? lol

How long will it take me to vape 0.1g if i take big long hits? (0.1g is good for the first few times right?)

P.S. Can someone give me advice on how to inhale vapor properly? Its not like drawing smoke and then pushing it in with air? if there is a thread about it just post a link

Thanks again!

0.1g is still an average pack - some users here go even smaller! Again it all depends on the vaporizer - some could last 30+ minutes while others could finish 0.1 in one hit.

what's the purpose of smoking at all then

Welcome to FUCKcombustion.com, have a seat and stay awhile. :lol: I have probably "smoked" three times since I fucked combustion in February. Never looked back

Again, it all depends on the vaporizer. I have some you have to hit extremely slow and soft to produce vapor. While others require extreme force to produce nice vapor clouds. The general rule of thumb is to fill your lungs over a 15-20 second period.

If you're looking for product specific advice, I suggest you post on the appropriate threads on this site - it's a huge forum, and most of us aren't watching every thread. I posted two links for you in my previous post. I suggest you check them out

Delta3DStudios,

g1zm0

0.1g is still an average pack - some users here go even smaller! Again it all depends on the vaporizer - some could last 30+ minutes while others could finish 0.1 in one hit.

Welcome to FUCKcombustion.com, have a seat and stay awhile. :lol: I have probably "smoked" three times since I fucked combustion in February. Never looked back

Again, it all depends on the vaporizer. I have some you have to hit extremely slow and soft to produce vapor. While others require extreme force to produce nice vapor clouds. The general rule of thumb is to fill your lungs over a 15-20 second period.

If you're looking for product specific advice, I suggest you post on the appropriate threads on this site - it's a huge forum, and most of us aren't watching every thread. I posted two links for you in my previous post. I suggest you check them out

Thanks a lot man! I haven't found much about G Pro and it doesn't seem like people wanna talk about it. I assume it is very similar to Pinnacle Pro so I will look for some threads about it

g1zm0,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I haven't found much about G Pro
Around this site, there's usually a reason for that ;)

I've seen so many different vaporizers on this site, my inner gadget-geek flutters with desire every other damn day looking at all these new sexy portable vapes on the market!

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Around this site, there's usually a reason for that ;)

I've seen so many different vaporizers on this site, my inner gadget-geek flutters with desire every other damn day looking at all these new sexy portable vapes on the market!
It's great, isn't it? Yay technology!
Funny-gif-happy-clapping-computer.gif

g1zm0

So do you guys know how long will 0.1 g last me on a direct draw vape like pinnacle pro or mlfb?how many hits would it be considering that im vaping at 380F and take long slow hits

g1zm0,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It will give you precisely as many hits as you get out of it.

Number of hits is just the complete wrong way of looking at it.

Imagine you packed a bowl - you can go scorched earth and try to slam it all in one hit, or you can just light the side of it and get a few hits out of it.

Just about any quality vape is gonna get most of the actives out (relative to other vapes) if you can keep bumping up the temp.

If you've got super dank bud, you can get 4-5 times as many hits as ditch weed.

There is literally no way to tell you how many hits you'll get.

max

Out to lunch
when you vape is it better to start at a low temperature and increase it as you vape? If yes why?
It's not better, it's just an option. A low temp that produces little visible vapor gives you the best taste. Lower temps also give you more of an 'up high', vs. more sedative compounds at higher temps. If you like where you are after moving up a step or two in temp, you can turn the vape off, stay a while and start up with a higher temp later. Slowly moving the temp up also gives you more hits, and you seem interested in that (not that you necessarily get more out of the bowl contents by doing so). And as has been said, don't get hung up on counting hits. You won't see any veteran vaporists making reference to # of hits on any vape.

brain_combustion

Hmm is this unit worth paying almost double compared to other models?

What's the feedback? Does it compare to VaporBlunt 2?

brain_combustion,

g1zm0

Hmm is this unit worth paying almost double compared to other models?

What's the feedback? Does it compare to VaporBlunt 2?

Im a beginner and dont really know but it seems nice. I have NO plastic smell anymore and it doesn't combust. I have only got high about 5 times since I started doing weed and this vape got me blasted for like 5-7 hours every time (might me due to my low tolerance)

g1zm0,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom