New to Vaping

Balkhan

I have to stop combusting (getting COPD!). I'm looking at the Herbal Aire, Extreme, or maybe a Volcano if I can scrape up enough cash. I don't get good quality herb and its usually pretty dried out.

My q is do these vapes work with lower quality herb OK or will I be wasting my money? I've already wasted money on a piece of crap Chinese conduction style dome vaporizer - it does nothing for me with the herb that I get....as I ramp the temp up I get no vapor that I can see then it combusts.

The herb does have some content, as friends have smoked it and say its just OK...

thanks dudes!

Balkhan

modnote: question threads belong in the Ask FC forum

Balkhan,

nickzzzx

I've found that using lower quality (mexi brick) herb works great when vaporized. I find that I get nicely stoned off a medium bowl of mexibrick in my Da Buddha. When smoking that same amount, I don't feel about 1/2 as stoned as I would if I had vaped it instead.

Using a quality convection based vaporizer is very important as it has a pretty big effect on efficiency.

*although I have to admit the high doesn't last as long as dank buds

nickzzzx,

ClemsonVapor489

Yep, vaping is the ONLY way to go if you're getting bad weed.

Even the low mids around here give me a nice floaty (though brief) high when vaped.

ClemsonVapor489,

Balkhan

Efficiency is the amount of active ingredient a vaporizer can extract from the herb, right?
Since I get low to mid grade mex herb here, which is more efficient, HerbalAire or Extreme?
GreatVape.com has the Extreme V3.0 for 299.99 with free shipping. Good deal?
Is GreatVape a good dealer? I live in the US and they are in Oregon.
nickzzzx: what is dank bud?
Thx!
Balkhan

Balkhan,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I would go with the extreme. That is what we use for our low too mid quality herb. Works like a charm.
Might want too check out the Extreme Q (its the newest version of the extreme, a bit smaller and quieter)
and dank bud would be your high quality herb

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
piece of crap Chinese conduction style dome vaporizer - it does nothing for me with the herb that I get...
My first was a Canadian made dome vape (BC Vaporizer), and there's a world of difference between that design and a good convection model.

I'm looking at the Herbal Aire, Extreme, or maybe a Volcano if I can scrape up enough cash.
Are you serious about using bags, or do you just want the option? Bags are easy and do well with mid grade, but a lot of people get tired of the diluted vapor that you get with bags, and a good, full sized whip vape also does well with lesser quality herb. The Extreme would be your best bet to get a good idea of bag vs. whip delivery, especially if you load the elbow screen instead of the bowl for whip hits. If you have to "scrape up" $ for the Volcano, then I wouldn't bother. You won't have the opportunity to try whip delivery with the 'cano, and the herbalAire and Extreme will fill a bag with vapor just as well, and it's cheaper and easier to have multiple bags on hand with those two.

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah I agree with max, using bags on low quality is not as satisfying as just hooking up the whip too it.
With our extreme we just load a FULL bowl of low quality herb, gives off a good amount of vapor. Now just because I say use a full bowl on the extreme does not mean I am using alot of herb. The extreme tends too get used in groups, so this amount of herb is actually efficient for what is being used for. You can also use lesser amounts inside the bowl and still get a good vape experience with lows.... I just wouldn't use bags on lows.... too much time and effort for the amount of vapor produced. Go with a whip

DevoTheStrange,

ClemsonVapor489

Balkhan said:
Efficiency is the amount of active ingredient a vaporizer can extract from the herb, right?
Since I get low to mid grade mex herb here, which is more efficient, HerbalAire or Extreme?
GreatVape.com has the Extreme V3.0 for 299.99 with free shipping. Good deal?
Is GreatVape a good dealer? I live in the US and they are in Oregon.
nickzzzx: what is dank bud?
Thx!
Balkhan
Look around FC, there are multiple sites that, with a code from here, you can get the Extreme for $250 shipped.

And "dank" bud is just a slang term for all high end herb. Think $400/oz and up.

ClemsonVapor489,

max

Out to lunch
which is more efficient, HerbalAire or Extreme?
Nothing is better for getting for getting every bit of goodness out of bud than the herbalAire. You don't even use ground bud in it, just pieces. Using ground herb in the herbie is a bad idea, due to the coarse screen in the main mouthpiece. You need a 2nd screen in the crucible (bowl) to avoid a mess and waste.

Is GreatVape a good dealer?
Yes, and they sell both models. Vapeworld and Gratefulbuys also have the E for the same price with a free grinder.

max,

Balkhan

OK thanks for all the info. I'm going to call GreatVape today and see what kind of deals they have. I'll let you know how it turns out.

max: if I use the HerbalAire you are saying not to grind the herb? (and if I do I should use a second screen in the bowl?)

Thanks!

Balkhan

Balkhan,

Qbit

cannabanana
ClemsonVapor489 said:
And "dank" bud is just a slang term for all high end herb. Think $400/oz and up.
Quoting the price of weed like this is pretty pointless in a world where it varies so much. You need to tell us where you are for the figure you quoted to make any sense.

Qbit,

ClemsonVapor489

Qbit said:
ClemsonVapor489 said:
Quoting the price of weed like this is pretty pointless in a world where it varies so much. You need to tell us where you are for the figure you quoted to make any sense.
You're right, and I thought about that, but I was just trying to give an idea to the poster, and IMO, if I pay 100 for a quarter, it damn well better be "dank."

ClemsonVapor489,

aero18

vaporist
ClemsonVapor489 said:
Qbit said:
ClemsonVapor489 said:
You're right, and I thought about that, but I was just trying to give an idea to the poster, and IMO, if I pay 100 for a quarter, it damn well better be "dank."
In Japan, a gram can cost $100. Haha, so it is wise to specify a region...

aero18,

ClemsonVapor489

Dayum!

Fuck ever going to Japan.

Fine..."dank" bud is good weed. However much it costs. If you don't know what it is, you've either never had it, or ONLY had it. You should find out.

ClemsonVapor489,

Balkhan

I ordered a Herbal Aire 2.1 from Stephen at GreatVape. Should be here tomorrow. Anxious to see if my seedy, dry Mexibrick herb will give me some good vapor.

Balkhan,

vape4health

Balkhan said:
I ordered a Herbal Aire 2.1 from Stephen at GreatVape. Should be here tomorrow. Anxious to see if my seedy, dry Mexibrick herb will give me some good vapor.
It should , I had some stuff from when I was still using the bong and it was so shitty I just stuck it away , after getting a vape , I found it and it was just fine in the vape . Yea good shit taste ALOT better but what can you do if its not around .

vape4health,

Balkhan

I live in TX (not very MJ friendly) - can't get any really good stuff around here. Not like the old days when I could get Thai stick and Columbian gold...

Balkhan,

mnmlh

You must be in the wrong part of TX, or don't know the right people. ;)

edit: Oh, and I've vaped different grades, and was surprised how good some regular stuff tasted, and the effects were satisfactory.

mnmlh,

Balkhan

Just got my HA today and have to say its better than I expected. I'm just mad at myself for not finding out about vaping sooner.

Right now I'm playing with the temps, I'm getting more vapor at some temps than others.

It does seem to use less weed than combusting to get an effect (like I've read here). I need to get a finer screen so I can use my ground up stuff.

Must do more experimenting.

Thanks for all the info!

Balkhan

Balkhan,

max

Out to lunch
I need to get a finer screen so I can use my ground up stuff.
Just add another screen to the crucible after loading ground herb-near the top-to keep it in the crucible and out of the main mouthpiece and bag. I've owned a herbie for years, so I speak from experience. I wouldn't use ground herb in it at all unless that's all you've got. It does an exceptional job of extracting everything from pieces, instead of ground. It's designed that way.

max,

Balkhan

OK, so I load the crucible with ground stuff and put a fine screen on top of it....

Should I also put a second fine screen down on top of the coarse one so the stuff doesn't fall down into the 18 holes (the air jet holes)?

Balkhan

Balkhan,

Qbit

cannabanana
ClemsonVapor489 said:
Qbit said:
ClemsonVapor489 said:
Heh, yeah I wouldn't know where to go to have to pay $400 for an ounce.

Qbit,
Top Bottom