new to vaping and trying to decide on budget portable vaporizer

aggillator

Hi All,

Been doing a lot of research to find the best value for the money on a dry herb vaporizer. Got the xmax starry and it got way too hot to hold, and the mouthpiece also got way too hot, and the vapor got very harsh at high temps. So I began looking at others. I narrowed it down to the atmos ruva, the weecke fenix (which i got but felt super cheap with a plastic mouthpiece), and the arizer air. Anyone have any advice, reccomendations or additions to help me out?

Thanks.

aggillator,

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Of those I only am familiar through use of the Air but know the other units. You will be happiest with the Air long term.

It's glass air path, replaceable batteries, and performance are great features that are well loved by all its owners.

Newcastle

Stoned!
I am only familiar with the Arizer Air. I will say that its a solid unit and mine has lasted a long time. I also have the Solo and it still gets rotated in the Mix. My E-Nano stays plugged in 24/7 and I would never want to be without it. My newest interest is in the Dynavap and I would suggest looking at those. You can get an M for 50 bucks. Good luck with your search for whats right for you.

passenger

is this thing on?
Seriously, consider a Vapcap M. It's about 50 Bucks and will last you a lifetime. Don't discard the idea too fast, it's easily one of the best around.

- It's either powered by a Jet torch (butane) OR electricity (with an induction heater for about +100)
- With the right drawing technique (mouth pulls) the vapor is easy on the throat
- look it up in action connected to a glass piece. Insane clouds (even while micro dosing), still easy on the throat
- did I mention micro dosing - perfect for it
- fastest vape around. I guess.

I would always recommend to start form there. If you have the extra bucks: Start with a Vapcap Omnivong.

Enjoy

sickmanfraud

Frist I would like to welcome you @aggillator to FC.

Both the Air and Fury should get you medicated without any problems.

The Arizer Air would be my recommendation. You would not make a mistake by buying the Fury2 unless you are away from a charger for long periods.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
What are you looking for @aggillator ? Another portable? Do you need it to be stealthy? Pocket-able? Battery life matter or will you be using mostly at home? Does it need to have interchangeable batteries and would the ability to be a pass-thru device (can be used plugged in and charging) matter?

I have a Starry as well. It's not my daily driver but when I'm lazy or out and about I find it to be perfect because it heats up so quick and can be palmed. If heat was the big issue ... remove the filter, lower the temp to 390f and mouth pump it.

His_Highness,

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Yeah, I'm going to ditto the M. If you're looking for something affordable and super portable an M plus a couple of torch lighters can be had for what I would consider cheap in the vape world. A wee steeper learning curve than the Air, which still has a bit of one. But I guarantee the M will make you happy!

I picked it up and it kicked off a VAS phase I am just exiting now. By the end of the year I had picked up an Xvape Muse, Crafty, and Ed's TnT Woodscents. So, beware.

Squiby

Congratulations on choosing to vaporize and welcome to the forum!

I second the 4 or 5 other recommendations for the Vapcap. This vape is made by Dynavap. It is tiny, the size and shape of a cigarette. They are arguably the most attractive vapes on the market and made from materials like stainless steel, titanium and wood. No plastic anywhere. The price is very reasonable, from $55 for the basic M model to $95-$115 for the titanium tipped models and up to $190 for the top of the line all titanium Omni model.

Vapcaps are super efficient with weed. You will get more of where you want to be for much less product than you are using now. The ritual is similar to smoking. Not only does the Vapcap handle dry herb but it also will vaporize hash and concentrates like shatter and rosin.

Vapcaps are heated by just about any heat source. The common way to heat them is with a jet butane lighter with anywhere from one to 4 jets. I like this one, linked below, because it is about the same size as the Vaocap and since it is ignited using a flint, it is quiet as well. You heat the cap until it clicks a few seconds later and you are ready to toke. You can also use a bic, a candle, an induction heater, a campfire stick a stove element of even a solar heater to heat your Vapcap. When the power goes, no worries. No batteries or does to fuss with. The Vapcap will always work.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cylinder-Fl...265150?hash=item4ae61d61be:g:2gMAAOSwcnpTnqSj

This is a long term vape. You may consider putting it in your will, cause it will still be functioning.

https://www.dynavap.com

One of the fun things about a Vapcap is that they are modular, meaning that the components are interchangable , so you can switch out bodies, stems, mouthpieces, condensers and tips for different applications and to create a look of your own. Beyond the stock midsections at the Dynavap site, there are custom aftermarket artists that make unbelievable pieces for your Vapcap. Check them out! These guys offer functional art.

@phattpiggie thread, Phattiggies Wood Shed. PP makes stunningly beautiful hand turned wood stems

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.22215/page-37#post-1196424

@stardustsailor thread, Custom Carbless Titanium Stems. SDS makes super durable works of art stems from titanium with various patterns and anodization.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/custom-carbless-vapcap-ti-stems.25324/page-9#post-1192805

@Winegums Etsy store and thread. He makes beautiful woods VonGs for use with water tools and storage and stash boxes.

https://www.instagram.com/winegums/

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/WinegumsWoodcraft

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/winegums-woodcraft.23750/

Join us on the Vapcap thread. We are happy and content and will be happy to answer your questions.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-975#post-1205149The

This vape will become a household name. They are really wonderful vapes and will last a lifetime.

Last edited:

aggillator

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the responses. I plan on using my vape mainly for other herbs and not weed. I am going to be mostly at home with it but I do like the idea of stealth. I don't care much for flavor. What's really important to me is that the extraction be very efficient and fast. I don't care too much about battery life as long as it can still work while charging. Interchangeable batteries is also not a biggy for me. I like the look of the fury 2 and it sounds like it is an efficient little bugger. I see that everyone is recommending the M but I'm really hesitant to have to be lighting it up every time and always having a lighter with me. Do the Air and the Fury meet my criteria? Thanks again for all your patience and help to a newbie.

Boden

Aspie polymath
Thanks for the warm welcome and all the responses. I plan on using my vape mainly for other herbs and not weed. I am going to be mostly at home with it but I do like the idea of stealth. I don't care much for flavor. What's really important to me is that the extraction be very efficient and fast. I don't care too much about battery life as long as it can still work while charging. Interchangeable batteries is also not a biggy for me. I like the look of the fury 2 and it sounds like it is an efficient little bugger. I see that everyone is recommending the M but I'm really hesitant to have to be lighting it up every time and always having a lighter with me. Do the Air and the Fury meet my criteria? Thanks again for all your patience and help to a newbie.
Now the plot thickens. :sherlock:

What are the optimal extraction temps of the other herbs?

Do they vape well via convection or conduction or some combination of the two?

:D

aggillator

I'm afraid I'm an ignoramus when it comes to that. I try some turkistan mint, wild dagga, motherwort, opium lettuce, indian warrior, and others. There is very low alkaloid content in those it seems and without a good extraction they don't have much effect.

aggillator,
Reactions: DirtyD

DirtyD

Some kind of vape with low low temps, not sure which portables go that low, the ones that do might be pricey.?. Dk..
I heard blue lotus for example, you're supposed to heat to no more than 150 f. I'm no expert but I suspect you may need lower temps for those other herbs? Cheers and good luck, D.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Now we're talking....

Home use mostly, speed to temp, efficient extraction, digital temp selection in single increments (low starting point) and stealth.

- The Fury 2 offers a temperature range of 320°- 430°F and may not have a low enough temp range for you.
- Air 2 has a fully adjustable temperature range from 122-428°F (50-220°C) can be selected down to the digit. Less stealth than the Fury but hits the marks in all the other areas.

aggillator

Thanks for the tips. I like the fury 2 price-wise and the fact that it is self-contained, as oppsed to having to bring along a glass pipe with it. In y'all's experience, is the fury 2 the same as all the rebrands? Like Grindhouse Shift, Hippie Rebel, Sutra Mini etc.? I can find those for much cheaper than the fury 2.

aggillator,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have a Fury 2 and like it but it's less portable for me because I prefer to use the newly released glass mouthpiece for microdosing. I prefer three or four draws that completely use a small amount of material. The Fury oven is normal sized but that's still way too much for my piddly solo sessions. They have dosing screens now too that will probably make the Fury 2 both portable and micro. I just bought some but haven't tried them yet.

For a cheap conduction vape the X-Max V2 Pro is super affordable and efficient. It can't compete on flavor though.

I'd also recommend the Linx Gaia, but it doesn't offer accessories for microdosing.

bossman,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Oh and to add my input on vapcaps. I have a fancy ti model and it's effective but not as effortless since I have to repeatedly heat it up to the click temp once per draw - and hear the click over the triple torch.

I'm sure I'll get better with practice, I just wasn't expecting to spend so much time with the torch.

bossman,

Mr. Me2

Great suggestions here. I have 2 more to add to your confusion.

If you don't mind waiting, I think you should read the haze square thread. Not yet released vape, but real soon. Great price, on demand (so fast heat up), and 4 chambers so you can load it with different materials st the same time.

You may want to look at pax 2 and 3. Faster heat up (and more temp range, I think), but pax 2 is a great value from a solid company

Pimpslapper

The v2 pro was my first vape and it is ok but for the same or less price the M just kills it. Not even fucking close.
Especially for microdosing.
I was totally against the torch but they are tiny and once it is heated it is way more stealth than electric vapes.
I have come to really enjoy heating up the m with the torch.
Part of the ritual.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Extreme Budget- VapCap
Step up- OmniVap. IMO worth every bit of the premium price.

Budget- Lotus. Heaviest hitter of all butane powered vapes I've ever used.

All of those work great paired with glass or as portables.

Top Bottom