New to it all- LOTS of pipe/conversion questions!!

Qbit

cannabanana
The Supreme or the Silver Surfer for someone who has never used weed could be getting a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. These units are really designed for heavy users, and great for people who want to give up their solid smoking habits. Although the fact that they're temperature adjustable vapes means that you could start at a low temperature setting and creep your way up, so as not to get too much vapour at once, which would be overwhelming for you. The optional mini-wand sounds like it could be a great choice for you, but having just checked the SSV site, I can't see it being offered at the moment, sadly.

The Lotus, while it may well be a wonderful device, is new and so has yet to prove itself in the vaping community. And yeah, the Vapor Genie involves inhaling combusted butane fumes, which may or may not be harmful, but just isn't what I would philosophically regard as pure vapour.

For someone new to the herb, you'd do well to go with a unit that has earned its stripes as a quality unit. I would suggest the Magic Flight Launch Box, or perhaps a log-style vape (like the Purple Days or Myrtlezap). The MFLB has the advantage of being a portable, and a vape you should probably get anyway, whether or not you have a plug-in home vape.

But of course you don't even know if you'll like the green stuff at all, so you could be spending a fat chunk on something you might never use more than a couple of times. So, as crude as it might be, maybe you could make a lightbulb vape just to try it out before you commit to a real vape.

Or just make yourself some edibles (see the Cooking forum here). But whatever you do, don't eat more than 0.1 or 0.2 g's worth of herb to begin with in your tolerance-free state, or you could be in for a very hairy ride. Of course you're not actually going to be in any physical danger (since you can't actually OD on weed), but too much eaten weed just makes for a very unpleasant shaky experience, and lasts for many hours. The right amount, however, is simply lovely -indeed, my favourite way to use the good green stuff. So if, after a couple of hours, you're feeling ok, you could then up your dose if you like.

Qbit,

Lovecrafty

That's a good point. My BF is adamant that this won't be a too-often thing (though omg if you knew him, he's the type of person that needs his 'medication' once a day.), although I'm way more open to enjoying more often.

Based on your sage advice, I say a PD would be in order. It's none too ugly and kind of unobtrusive when not being used, while having a great track record. Thanks~ Just for the record, we were never gonna drop all this cash on vapes before we tried it. xD I'm just doing all the research for us, since mister uptight is..,.being uptight and lazy. He wanted a glass VG, but when I mentioned, in scientific fairness, the -possibility- that the VGs mechanics allow for inhalation of fumes, he was like nvm. We are a very healthy pair, and particular about what we allow on or in our bodies.

I'm pretty stuck on the lotus, to be true, but we'll be smoking to see how we like it first, of course. Eating it is a great option, my only question is like...is a body high more intense than a smoking/head high, or is it just different? I know it's all different for everyone, but my fairy potmother says that a body high makes her feel hella lazy (though she probably eats a lot more than .1 or .2 gs, she's been smoking for ever).

Lovecrafty,

Qbit

cannabanana
Lovecrafty said:
Based on your sage advice, I say a PD would be in order. It's none too ugly and kind of unobtrusive when not being used, while having a great track record.

Mind you the waiting list for a fully constructed PD is long (as in months), though you can order the PD Pandora kits to build your own. And the Myrtlezap is essentially identical in function, an also has a great record.

Thanks~ Just for the record, we were never gonna drop all this cash on vapes before we tried it. xD I'm just doing all the research for us, since mister uptight is..,.being uptight and lazy. He wanted a glass VG, but when I mentioned, in scientific fairness, the -possibility- that the VGs mechanics allow for inhalation of fumes, he was like nvm. We are a very healthy pair, and particular about what we allow on or in our bodies.

There's no 'possibility' about inhaling fumes with the VG - it's a certainty. However, as the theory goes, with a blue-flame torch lighter (as opposed to an orange-flame regular one), those fumes shouldn't be harmful, as the butane should be fully burned so as to produce only CO2 and water vapour. Still not my kind of thing though.

I'm pretty stuck on the lotus, to be true, but we'll be smoking to see how we like it first, of course.

Well, if you're willing to take the risk on an untried product, go for it. But I'd be more inclined to wait for a few reports from others first, as there's a huge gulf between good and bad vapes.

Eating it is a great option, my only question is like...is a body high more intense than a smoking/head high, or is it just different? I know it's all different for everyone, but my fairy potmother says that a body high makes her feel hella lazy (though she probably eats a lot more than .1 or .2 gs, she's been smoking for ever).

Eating too much weed will produce a more intense high than any other method, and for far longer - and it can be very messy and not nice at all. But the trick is not to eat too much. If you're concerned about this (as you probably should be), stick to 0.1g to begin with, and wait a couple of hours. With a decent tolerance I'll eat up to half a gram's worth.

Mind you I just cook my weed in cooking oil for an hour or so at about 120C/250F. Indeed I'm cooking some offcuts right now as I write this (and I use a garlic press to squeeze out the oil from the plant material, and then I just use the oil - the very fibrous herb can be a little rough on the digestive system). You have to cook it to decarboxylate the THC, which fully activates it. Eating weed uncooked doesn't work properly.

And the high may be a little different, but not really that different. It's very relaxing, and yeah it might put you to sleep for a while, but when you wake up the high will probably still be there. Heh, this is making me look forward to my next spoonful of oil, which I'll be adding to some yoghurt as I usually do.

But anyway, if you want to know what it's like to eat way too much of weed edibles, check this classic 911 phone call made by a cop after eating brownies he made with his wife with stolen weed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZDpJpraLes&feature=fvst

Qbit,

Lovecrafty

Oh dude, yeah, you didn't see that part up there? ...I'm totally gonna wait for the reviews on the Lotus to come through before actually buying. The lotus isn't, after all, the only way to use marijuana.

Thanks again for the info- is it safe to assume a body high (at the same amounts as smoking, not excess) is more intense in general?

Lovecrafty,

Qbit

cannabanana
Lovecrafty said:
Oh dude, yeah, you didn't see that part up there? ...I'm totally gonna wait for the reviews on the Lotus to come through before actually buying. The lotus isn't, after all, the only way to use marijuana.

Yeah no problem. Hopefully it'll be a decent product.

Thanks again for the info- is it safe to assume a body high (at the same amounts as smoking, not excess) is more intense in general?

You'll need to eat more than you'd smoke (or vape) to get high, but it'll last longer. And the high is only more intense if you have too much. So when you've got a free day, eat a little in the early afternoon and see how you go. You can always have more, but once committed you can't go back.

EDIT Well Vtac (who runs this site) has just reviewed the Lotus, and has given it thumbs up. :) Great news.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=90417#p90417

Qbit,

Lovecrafty

Ok, that's good stuff to know. Thanks.

Also: HECK YES. I'm glad to hear the Lotus is good; I'd have been sort of devastated otherwise. xD

Lovecrafty,
Top Bottom