New Things or Gadgets In the Marketplace To Buy

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Will those cups work on wood surfaces? Like a park bench?

It's a strong, very, very, very well engineered suction cup on the bottom of the cup. Imagine the best suction cup you've ever encountered. If the wooden surface was smooth/shellacked the suction would work.

His_Highness,
Reactions: MinnBobber

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thanks
So does it have a mechanical link to break the suction when you lift straight up to take a drink??

There isn't a button or switch. It's all about the angle you use when lifting the cup that causes the suction to release it's grip. I know that sounds like ... if the angle of the lift is all there is to it then how does it stop from falling over when bumped in a similar fashion? When you lift a cup there is a deliberate way you lift versus when you simply bump it. A bump, even a fairly strong one, won't have the right angle.

His_Highness,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks
So does it have a mechanical link to break the suction when you lift straight up to take a drink??

Yes, Looks to me like the mechanical link to break the suction is pulling the cup directly perpendicular to the surface. Pulling in any other direction does not seem to disengage the suction cup. Looks like a simple enough design, but I still can't fathom how it's built. Maybe if I get my hands on one I can reverse-engineer it :sherlock:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
trak_grey_engine_on_black.jpg

Courtesy of Sandstone Diagnostics

Trak: the at-home sperm count monitor

Sperm counts are falling! That's according to several studies published over the last few decades showing a global decline in male fertility. But before you go and burn your tighty-whities, know that the causes are uncertain and the findings are controversial. What is certain is that low sperm count can lead to infertility, and, though women are often blamed, men are wholly or partially responsible for up to half of infertility cases.

Cannabis can lower your sperm count too.:leaf: Lower sperm count could be a bad or a good thing.

CarolKing

Now you can use a smartphone to figure out your eyeglass prescription
Developers of new app say it's as accurate as visiting an eye doctor.

by Ilana Strauss | Monday, February 22, 2016

The days of sitting in an optometrist's office with a weird machine over your eyes may be a thing of the past. A new company has developed a technology that lets users figure out their eye prescriptions using a simple, but possibly, life-changing app.

6over6, a startup based in Israel, presented its technology at a health conference in Tel Aviv yesterday. They won the conference's startup contest for its GlassesOn app, which lets you "accurately measure the refractive error of your eye through the manipulation of light," says the company website. You can use the app to get a complete prescription for farsighted or nearsighted vision, pupillary distance and astigmatism. (Of course, you may still want to see your eye doctor about general eye health.)

“We use light-based tech to discover eyesight instead of sitting in front of the refractor machine," Ofer Limon, CEO of 6over6, explains. The app uses a combination of math, physics, vision technology and advanced algorithms.

Limon and a friend came up with the idea while on a bike ride in southern Israel. After years of testing, it's now available in Apple's App Store.

"With our technology, a user could put their phone in front of their eyes for a few minutes, and get as accurate a reading as they could at the optician, if not more so, since there are no subjective feelings or environmental factors involved in our measurement," Limon says.

The company hopes that in addition to making things easier for consumers to care for their eyes, its technology will help those who can't afford to see optometrists.

Last edited:

CarolKing

I don't know if this has been posted?
Canna.png

Portable Cannabis Potency and Chemical Analyzer
Find the Strain that Works for You

The CannaDx™ sensor will allow you to test your cannabis potency (% THC) on site and within a matter of minutes, but this proprietary sensor goes even beyond that. CannaDx™ detects other cannabinoids (such as CBD and CBN) as well as 20+ terpenes, providing you with a Total Canna Profile™ (TCP) – or a complete chemical analysis of your cannabis. These raw numbers are then matched with our extensive database providing you with an accurate prediction of how this cannabis will make you feel and what symptoms it can potentially alleviate. Using this track and predict feature will allow you to find a strain, or a Total Canna Profile™, that works for you. As seen in the video below, MyDx™ introduces an extremely easy and convenient method for cannabis testing.
It's expensive - $699.
Marijuana Tester - Cannabis Potency and THC Test Kit – THC Level Analysis by MyDx

analyzerchristmas.png

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I don't know if this has been posted?
Canna.png

Portable Cannabis Potency and Chemical Analyzer
Find the Strain that Works for You

The CannaDx™ sensor will allow you to test your cannabis potency (% THC) on site and within a matter of minutes, but this proprietary sensor goes even beyond that. CannaDx™ detects other cannabinoids (such as CBD and CBN) as well as 20+ terpenes, providing you with a Total Canna Profile™ (TCP) – or a complete chemical analysis of your cannabis. These raw numbers are then matched with our extensive database providing you with an accurate prediction of how this cannabis will make you feel and what symptoms it can potentially alleviate. Using this track and predict feature will allow you to find a strain, or a Total Canna Profile™, that works for you. As seen in the video below, MyDx™ introduces an extremely easy and convenient method for cannabis testing.
It's expensive - $699.
Marijuana Tester - Cannabis Potency and THC Test Kit – THC Level Analysis by MyDx

analyzerchristmas.png

Fuck I want that

Wonder if I can claim it as a business expense? Asking for a friend......

MyCollie

Eyebrow extensions for you men and women with disappearing eyebrows such as myself. I got excited when I heard about this but it only lasts for a week or a little more.

I'm n the same boat. There's a famous plastic surgeon who takes it to the next level. He actually transplants hair. It's expensive as you can imagine - could be up to 8k I think... for brows. And then they grow and grow. Lots of trimming required.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The tCheck
$299

While not as functional as the MyDX as it can only tell you the total Canabinoid content in oil if you cook and just want to know how strong the butter/oil is then this offers a major advantage over the MyDX, there is no need to replace the sensor every 6 months.

home-left-right-2-image.png

Wake & Bake review

Beyond Chronic review

tCheck is the world’s first home cannabis oil potency tester. By measuring the concentration of cannabinoids in the infusion, you can:

• Measure the amount of cannabinoids you are consuming
• Enable accurate adjustments of recipes
• Get results at home in under 45 seconds
tCheck is an application specific UV-Vis spectrometer designed to measure the concentration of cannabinoids in liquids. Today tCheck currently measures olive oil, butter, and coconut oil. With future free firmware updates the ability to measure alcohol, vegetable glycerin, honey and other oils will be added.

We are working on the ability to measure concentrates. When we feel that there is a reliable & repeatable process, the feature will be added in a free firmware update.

Measurement error is +/- 10%. Since the results are represented in mg/ml, accuracy will be +/- 10% of that number. For example, if tCheck measures your infusion at 15 mg/ml, actual potency may be between 13.5 mg/ml and 16.5 mg/ml.

Features

Durable aluminum housing
Ultra Violet LED based spectrometer
High quality reusable cuvette (sample tray)
Wi-Fi enabled for over the air firmware updates
2.8” TFT LCD Touch Screen
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
FCC Certified, UL Listed

Purchase Includes

tCheck Cannabis Oil Potency Tester (Model TC1S)
Reusable cuvette (sample tray)
Quick Start Guide
User’s Manual

CarolKing

powerray.png

PowerVision via YouTube
PowerRay Aquatic Drone

PowerVision's new PowerRay drone sounds like a fisherman's dream. The waterproof vehicle is compatible with an optional FishFinder add-on that uses a sonar system to detect fish and send images to the user. It operates in both fresh and salt water and includes a 4K camera that can shoot 12-megapixel stills.

This would be like cheating if you were a sports fisherman. This maybe more for commercial fishing.

It might take some good pictures in clear water.

Last edited:

almost there

Needing a break from really expensive models, I wanted to work on something easy, mindless and cheap!

These have been a lot of fun and I've done a few of them now. It is like a big mindless puzzle, I just ordered the locomotive today.

thank you so much, I'm captivated by this. It is absolutely brilliant, gonna look it up and pray it's affordable:drool:
edit-unbelievable, it's completely affordable:clap::clap::clap:. Where's the safe? That's what I want

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Ive ordered from several different distributors now and there is a big difference in level of service. Dmitriy at ugears.us has positioned his store better than the rest IMO. If y'all can hang tight one more day, he is putting a new code together for us.

He is there to assist with any troubleshooting during the build and fast to respond. More importantly, if you break any parts during your build, Dmitriy will send you new replacement pieces at no cost. On top of that, they are the only distributor offering Loyalty and Rewards programs. Because of the above reasons, I'm making all future orders with ugears.us.

Regarding age, I think 9 yrs would be perfectly capable but I do have some hesitation to recommend much younger as there is a good bit of work with an exacto blade (though you could do the cutting for him). I did the business card mechanical box first and would be comfortable letting my 6yr old nephew take a shot at it, it was simple fun and only has a few axles to cut to complete the job.

Most of these are 40-100 pieces, the truck and locomotive are a bit more complex at 450+ pieces and an estimated 10-15 hours to build. I do think kids could build even these complex models with some supervision around the knives.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Pardon the double posting... too late for me to edit the above post.

I have two codes/options. Obviously I would appreciate if some folks use the Loyalty program below, but there is no obligation at all. Use the option that works best for YOU:

a) Use passcode NEWFRIENDS10 for 10% off your order. Depending on how much you order, this would be the more cost effective option if your order is greater than $50.

Or

b) Use this link from my Loyalty program: http://i.refs.cc/y9vseTQr. Follow the link, it will provide a coupon code for an automatic $5 off your purchase. Full disclosure with the Loyalty program, if you choose to order from the link, I will receive "50 points" (equates to a $5 discount on my next order). This option would provide the most savings to you if your order is under $50.

almost there

Pardon the double posting... too late for me to edit the above post.

I have two codes/options. Obviously I would appreciate if some folks use the Loyalty program below, but there is no obligation at all. Use the option that works best for YOU:

a) Use passcode NEWFRIENDS10 for 10% off your order. Depending on how much you order, this would be the more cost effective option if your order is greater than $50.

Or

b) Use this link from my Loyalty program: http://i.refs.cc/y9vseTQr. Follow the link, it will provide a coupon code for an automatic $5 off your purchase. Full disclosure with the Loyalty program, if you choose to order from the link, I will receive "50 points" (equates to a $5 discount on my next order). This option would provide the most savings to you if your order is under $50.
Appreciate the followup and introducing me to this kick ass product. It's such a classy commercial, makes me reminisce about how magical toys use to be for me, these days I only feel that way about new vapes, lol:lmao:

Top Bottom