new stuff that i found

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
This isn't new, the article is from 2012. The various temperatures at which cannabis actives evaporate have been discussed thoroughly here, based on more current data I believe. Search is your friend, in order to avoid starting a thread that is no longer relevant to the community. Unless your motive for starting the thread is to announce to the FC community that you found an old article that was new to you. If so, nice one! Not being mean, just trying to help ya @noob100

Baron23

YES new to me and I want to share with everyone no problem brother
Ok, so I will try to summarize some of our (very general "our") findings about temp tables.

All temp tables I have been able to find are based on other actual lab test. That is, its second order information and almost all of the tables are insufficiently footnoted as to the source.

But, if you dig a LOT you can find some of the source lab testing write ups and you will find that pretty much all of this boiling point testing was done with a pure sample of the compound (vice the very complex structure of our flower with many compounds in a plant material matrix), in many cases the test was done in a vacuum, in some cases it was done at sea level pressure IAW the standard atmosphere model (which is 29.92 inches of mercury at sea level).

So, as far as I can tell these tables and this data does not support the idea that you can selectively boil out individual compounds as you wish.

I believe that the best you can get out of this is avoiding very high temps where a lot of toxic stuff is generated or released. Also, I believe that the community agrees that we have found that high temps are more sedative and low temps more cerebral, but I think this is more influenced by strain than temp, personally.

Good luck and welcome to FC!

szai

Ok, so I will try to summarize some of our (very general "our") findings about temp tables.

All temp tables I have been able to find are based on other actual lab test. That is, its second order information and almost all of the tables are insufficiently footnoted as to the source.

But, if you dig a LOT you can find some of the source lab testing write ups and you will find that pretty much all of this boiling point testing was done with a pure sample of the compound (vice the very complex structure of our flower with many compounds in a plant material matrix), in many cases the test was done in a vacuum, in some cases it was done at sea level pressure IAW the standard atmosphere model (which is 29.92 inches of mercury at sea level).

So, as far as I can tell these tables and this data does not support the idea that you can selectively boil out individual compounds as you wish.

I believe that the best you can get out of this is avoiding very high temps where a lot of toxic stuff is generated or released. Also, I believe that the community agrees that we have found that high temps are more sedative and low temps more cerebral, but I think this is more influenced by strain than temp, personally.

Good luck and welcome to FC!

Thinking about after it your great summary!

I don't think you'd ever be able to boil off specific compounds without using a refined product.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Baron23 you're brilliant, my man, seriously. Not the first time I've read one of your summaries of complex problems. Or overview of a vape, for that matter! I bet you kicked ass and take names in your former professional life. I miss the problem-solving the most, poking holes and patching them.

But as you say, not replicable in the real world so I don't get how this data is helpful in any sense.

Top Bottom