New strain of medical marijuana

tuttle

Intrigued by this. I wonder if this is really something different, or if there are strains now that approximate the THC / CBD ratio that this strain is boasting. I also wonder how long it will take for something like this to become available outside of Harborside Health Center and make its way down here to LA. I guess we will know more on April 16th.

Thanks for posting this.

tuttle,

sour

I'd be suprised if this is actually new. Possible that the people that study this kind of thing just found out about this strain.

sour,

tuttle

So I finally found one of these high cbd / low thc stains at Herbal Solutions in Los Angeles. They had Pineapple Thai (THC:2.7% /CBD: 5.1%), the other common high cbd strain is Soma A-plus which I haven't yet found.

It was a bit of a strange but pleasant experience which I will describe, and it was effective for pain management (severe headache unresolved with Imitrex and Fioricet). What was interesting for me was when beginning to vape, I started getting many of the familiar feelings of a normal strain, the body tingle and a little of the head buzz, and I was thinking that this was going to be exactly the same high once the "vapor creep" sets in (the high that sets in a few minutes after vaping). But there was no vapor creep, and instead the head buzz steadied out and actually diminished somewhat while leaving the analgesic, heavy body feeling. What was also interesting was there really wasn't any couch lock that often accompanies the heavy body feeling.

Now, to say that it left me entirely clear headed would be a misstatement, but it was a lot different. Normally, one stem on the PD with a typical strain (say Headband) would be perhaps an equivalent intoxicating effect of perhaps 3-4 glasses of wine in terms of mental acuity (if you really can compare cannabis and alcohol intoxication) while with the Pineapple Thai I would say it was more like one glass of wine while still having the numbed out heavy body feeling that accompanies a decent stone.

The bud itself was a bit different as it was a lot more crumbly, it seems if I poked at the contents of the container a few times with the PD stem, it would end up with a reasonable grind. The smell was pretty mild, as was the taste (due to my discomfort when starting I didn't pay enough attention to fully describe it).

I don't think it is going to be something that works for every person or every ailment. The biggest difference I noted is while it severely reduced the pain, and transformed the feeling from pain to tightness / pressure (which just this is much more that the pharmaceutical drugs could do) because the head high was not there, the forgetting about the pain (or pressure / tightness as that it was transformed into) didn't really happen. The pain was immediately manageable (similar to normal strains), and over the coarse of the high did resolve, it is just that usual ability to sometimes totally forget about what you where feeling didn't happen.

If you do use for chronic pain, but don't always like being "way high" to manage your pain these strains may not be the perfect thing, but they are another very useful tool in the pain management toolbox which I would recommend you at least try.

tuttle,
Top Bottom