• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

New Steinel + Easy Valve

eLiguL

Hey Sahara,

Great idea and awesome thread :cool:.

I was wondering why you chose the model Steinel 2310?

I only ask because vaporizers.ca sells a different model, Steinel HG2510. This is what they had to say about the gun:

Ultra-Precise Dynamic Temperature Control! Steinel's top of the line heat tool with ceramic encapsulated heating element, dynamic thermo-coupled control, LCD temperature display, new digital control, new lower air flow option for minimized oxidation, new pre-set programs for multiple temperature and air flow combinations with one touch control, smaller housing! It's not the vapor specific tool we wanted Steinel to make for us, but it has a number of the features we asked for...this is the most precise heat tool on the market even putting to shame Steinel's previous models. No Vaporizer comes close to the temperature accuracy and no vaporizer is made with the same quality of materials. The best of the best!

I was wondering what the differences were between the two models.

eLiguL,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The HG2510 is sold many places, it's the one Vriptech stocks. Nothing specific to vaporizers dot ca. You must be high.

In fact, the quote you posted appears to be ripped directly from Vriptech's website. That's pretty lame of vaporizers dot ca.

vtac,

eLiguL

vtac said:
The HG2510 is sold many places, it's the one Vriptech stocks. Nothing specific to vaporizers.ca. You must be high.
"It's not the vapor specific tool we wanted Steinel to make for us, but it has a number of the features we asked for."

Its taken from the description of just the Steinel gun on vaporizers.ca. You can see a picture of the "new smaller housing" it looks a little lighter and slick.

Edit:

Old

New

eLiguL,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
See post above, slow edit. :lol:

btw, if you want to discuss Steinel heatguns, please make a new thread. There was some discussion including emails with Steinel/Vriptech here.

vtac,

Sahara

Based on the steinel website, the 2310 and the 2510 are the same gun except the 2510 is ESD safe. This think this refers to electrostatic discharge. This seems like it would have effect on the vapor, but the safety from electrocution. The 2310 seems safe enough to me, however.

Sahara,

eLiguL

Sahara said:
Based on the steinel website, the 2310 and the 2510 are the same gun except the 2510 is ESD safe. This think this refers to electrostatic discharge. This seems like it would have effect on the vapor, but the safety from electrocution. The 2310 seems safe enough to me, however.
Ya I did a little more reading and that was the conclusion I came to as well. Would the heat gun method work with a Solid Valve set? I noticed the Easy Valve set you need to buy replacement balloons and they are not cheap.

eLiguL,

Sahara

I have seen a video on youtube with someone using a solid valve and a makita heat gun (cheaper but no lcd). It seemed to work but not "cradle" the nozzle as much. Here is the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBsIbgAFQSw
However, if having to buy replacement balloons is holding you back, don't let it. You can replace the bags on the easy valve using the same replacement bag you would with the solid valve. Here is a step by step on how:
http://vapenow.com/images/pshoots/ps20070925ev/
Also, with the easy valve system you get 5 bags and mouthpieces, so you can make different sized bags depending on your situation (5-foot party bag!). There are pros and cons for both types of valves. For me it seemed to make more sense to go with the easy valve. I like to do a lot of home-made stuff and since each valve is cheaper with the easy valve, it seemed more cost effective to go with the EZ in terms of modifiability.

Sahara,

eLiguL

Sahara said:
I have seen a video on youtube with someone using a solid valve and a makita heat gun (cheaper but no lcd). It seemed to work but not "cradle" the nozzle as much. Here is the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBsIbgAFQSw
However, if having to buy replacement balloons is holding you back, don't let it. You can replace the bags on the easy valve using the same replacement bag you would with the solid valve. Here is a step by step on how:
http://vapenow.com/images/pshoots/ps20070925ev/
Also, with the easy valve system you get 5 bags and mouthpieces, so you can make different sized bags depending on your situation (5-foot party bag!). There are pros and cons for both types of valves. For me it seemed to make more sense to go with the easy valve. I like to do a lot of home-made stuff and since each valve is cheaper with the easy valve, it seemed more cost effective to go with the EZ in terms of modifiability.
Thats good info to know, replacement bags were going for $70 and that didnt sound like fun at all.

eLiguL,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Im using a Steinel 3458, one of the older models but was top of the line in it's day. Here's a pic of me blowing up a bag with the Valloon. I can't remember if someone asked what the Valloon was and if that question was ever answered but the Valloon is an all glass bag vape that works modularly with a heat gun and was made by VRIP, it infringed on some patent from S&B so unfortunately, this is a collector's item. Havent taken a bag vape since I sold my Extreme, it was a nice break from the usual routine.

stonemonkey55,

eLiguL

Your collection is so extensive that it includes rare collector's item vapes. That all glass path looks awesome, out of curiousity how come you stopped using it?

eLiguL,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
You know, it wasn't a conscious decision to stop using it but more the fact that so many new vapes were coming out that I wanted to stay on top of things. While I do vape in a lot of group settings, the majority of my vaping is just me and my wife (well, my wife hangs out with me while I vape) and I think that water pipes vapes just lend themselves better to singular vaping.

I have an addiction to an all glass vapor path and I would say that the effect of the glass in this set up is not different than other vapes, slightly tastier vapor. While I think the flavor in the bags are decent, I think some "freshness" is lost in the bag. Could be just me, but with Xmas coming around, this will defintiely be in the rotation as more people come over and we need an easy vape to share

stonemonkey55,

eLiguL

eLiguL,

eLiguL

So I went ahead and bought one of these heatguns(Steinel HG2510 ESD) and an easy valve kit. This is now my party vape and also the vape I break out when I have vapor noobs over.

I went this route instead of the Volcano because I can also get the Vrip bowl for my bong.

A few notable differences from the Volcano.

1. The unit cannot be turned on just to heat up, the fan is always on when the unit is on. The heat up time to 400F is less than a minute.

2. The easy valve bowl sits nicely on the nozzle but you most hold it in place or it will tip over while filling. Im sure this can be solved with a high heat rubber band around the nozzle for a tighter fit.

3. The heatgun's lowest fan setting is faster than the Volcano's fastest fan setting. I know some people prefer the lower speeds so this may be an issue for some.

4. The highest heat setting on this will roast your herbs in no time. Ive never combusted material in a Volcano before.

5. The heat setting only reads in Fahrenheit.

6. The LCD screen is situated on the bottom so you have to pick it up to make adjustments.

That's all I can think of for now, if you have any questions just ask and ill do my best to answer.

I didn't bother with pics since everyone knows the basic setup but I will snap some on request if needed.

eLiguL,

SD_haze

Thank you for this thread necromancy, just read through it all, verrry neat stuff.

There was only one video ever posted tho, and that link is dead, so if you ever are near a camera a video of a heat gun bag blowing would be awesome :tup:

SD_haze,

eLiguL

SD_haze said:
Thank you for this thread necromancy, just read through it all, verrry neat stuff.

There was only one video ever posted tho, and that link is dead, so if you ever are near a camera a video of a heat gun bag blowing would be awesome :tup:

Im not sure why you would need a video but here you go.

Megaupload

Edit: I guess in the video you can hear the noise level with the fan on so there was a reason to make the video :).

I also failed to mention the biggest reason I chose this over the Volcano, the price tag.

I paid $209.00USD+shipping from this company. Volcano bags and vapor bong hit with the same unit.

eLiguL,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
A pack of 2 turkey oven bags costs about $2. It's very easy to change easy valve bags.

elmomuzz,

eLiguL

Egzoset said:
Any comments about how it compares to this one in terms of airflow?...

http://oi53.tinypic.com/34yb56t.jpg

:peace:

Its basically the same unit but it doesnt have ESD(Electro Static Discharge). I would have gotten that since its cheaper and I dont really care about ESD but I couldnt find it online so I went with the 2510ESD model.

eLiguL,

Egzoset

Banned
Oh. So i figure what you mean is that the model you've acquired will also allow you to control the airflow from 3.6 to 17.6 cubic feet per minute in a continuous manner. Right?...

:peace:

Egzoset,
I'm new to heat guns as I was still combusting when people were using them but why are they safe to inhale through?

biojuggernaut,
I think the consensus is that they are and that they aren't. Go over to the vriptech thread and website. One of the older vriptech sales packages was actually based on a high quality heat gun and not their impressive, delicate wand. IIRC there's alot of info on the Vrip site about the health risks involved with using heating guns as a vaporizing method, with reasons why certain higher end models are considered more or less very safe while some lower end models are considered basically horrible. Stuff about flaking mica in the airpath and other concerns I think.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom