New Steinel + Easy Valve

Sahara

Hello vape-enthusiasts!

I am a huge fan of this forum. It is by far the most informative forum for vaporizers on the web. I previously owned and heavily used a vaporwarez Vaporcannon. The only problem I had with it is that it was difficult to use with friends in terms of describing proper draw-speed. After using a friends digital volcano a few times I figured out that there was no way to screw it up. I would have no problem explaining how to "inhale" out of a bag.

After a lot of research I decided on the steinel 2310. It has and lcd screen and you determine the fan speed and temperature with "+" and "-" buttons. There are also four programmable settings. I decided on the easy valve because I really like the filling chamber and the fact that it comes with 5 sets of valves as opposed to one with the solid valve.

Here are the pics of the setup:

The gun

Filling a bag

MMMmmm

I have to say, I am very impressed with this setup. Filling the bags is as easy as with the volcano digital. The heat up time is also great because it is ready to go in less than a minute. I was also surprised about how well the filling chamber fit on top of the nozzle of the gun. The sides of the chamber almost cradle the nozzle so it will not fall off. The flavor of the vapor reminds me of all the other vapes I have tried.

I do have a few problems with it, but I was aware of them before purchasing so no big deal. The gun is noisy. It's softer than a hair dryer at its lowest setting, so I was actually pleasantly surprised about that. I had heard noise would be an issue but its not as big of one as I thought. The nozzle does get warm and stays warm even after the temperature of the gun as returned to cool. Not really that big of a deal, but I wouldn't want to hold the gun by the nozzle until after I was sure it was ok.

In the future I hope to buy a nice bong with a vriptech or comparable bowl. From what I have heard the temperature control on this steinel gun is more accurate than many other vaporizers. Also would like to make a hookah type device utilizing the heat gun.

Thanks for all the info. It makes me very happy to finally contribute to the forum.

P.S. I have been thinking of names for the gun and have settled on "sahara" for now.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nice setup there sahara...and welcome!

That's awesome you got the volcano bags system to work without a volcano...to me the valve system is the whole reason to get one.

stickstones,
Reactions: 215z

Sahara

Thanks for the welcome stickstones. Those are my sentiments as well. It doesn't seem like it's enough of a benefit to buy the digital volcano base for 360 more dollars, when I can have a ceramic heating element and be able to take bong rips with my heat gun. Here are some pics of the "filling chamber" bowl that comes with the system.

The chamber unscrews in the middle and has two screens that sandwich the herbs. I like this because I can carry a single bowl with me pre-loaded in the chamber and don't have to worry about carrying a bag of herb or it falling out of the bowl.

The chamber fits into the valve piece

When the bag is full and you remove the filling chamber from the bag, the valve seals it so that no vapor escapes. The mouthpiece fits into the valve piece so that when the pressure is applied to the mouthpiece (like pressing it against your lips) vapor is released.

I apologize for the webcam-quality photos. I dropped my digital camera in the sand while I was in new zealand and haven't gotten around to getting it replaced. Hopefully my warranty will cover it

Sahara,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
hmmm...now you've got me thinking about how I can mod a 'cano bag! Thanks for the pics!

stickstones,

Beezleb

Nice, ive heard good things but can be difficult to use about the steinel.

Beezleb,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Sahara, I agree the Steinel is an awesome heating element, just a little big and clunky when using a VRIP type set up versus blowing bags. It holds it's temperature extremely well and if I'm not mistaken, the heating element is ceramic encapsulated. The heat fluctuation is minimal and if they would ever be able to shrink it down in size, it would be perfect.

stonemonkey55,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
This is great! I love DIY vaping! I've wanted a bag system for a while now and it looks like I've found mine.

KeepCalm,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Oh man, I need to dig out one of VRIPtechs Valloons, I don't know if you guys ever had a chance to see one of these but I will post up a picture at lunch or after work. It's basically an all glass valve system for blowing bags with a heat gun, I believe it infringed on one of S&B's patents which is why it is no longer on the market, this thing was/is pretty sweet.

stonemonkey55,

Volcano South

The lazy valve kit is $120, but it comes with 5 orange pieces (as seen in his picture) with bags attached (each about 1.5') and 5 mouth pieces.

Volcano South,

Sahara

I am definitely thinking about doing something similar to this with the cano setup:

This could be a good alternative for me instead of using a the clunky heat gun. I just get so jealous anytime I see a video of someone taking a heat gun bong rip.

What vaporizer haven't you owned stonemonkey? I've just been reading through your old threads about vapes and it looks like you have been collecting for a while. I really wish they still made the valloon. I probably would have opted for it if they were still around. How does the valve compare to the volcano? It seems like the valve opens or closed based on direction you hold it. Is this true? I would love to see pics. Also, is taking a bong hit from a bag like the valloon offer a different kind of hit then taking one using a bowl directly into the bong if the settings on the heat gun are the same? It seems like they are whispier from the bag but I am not sure why.

My heat gun was $187 on amazon and I went to my local headshop to purchase the valve set and it was $109 (the best price I have seen).

Sahara,

d0z21

I agree that the Steinel heat guns are amazing. This brand is the Cadillac of heat guns, and you can be sure that you're getting a super high quality heating source. I feel like inhaling out of a bag is a little bit unnatural, and I prefer to use a Roor water pipe that's all glass-on-glass so that you don't have to worry about anything contaminating the taste or quality of your vapor. I do agree, however, that a bag can be nice and convenient for groups with inexperienced people. I posted a few videos of myself using my system, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=d0z21&view=videos

d0z21,

Sahara

Those are sweet videos d0z21. I saw em while searching around on youtube a few weeks ago. Yep, I am definitely feeling jealous of you. I've never owned a bong before, so I can definitely see that being my next purchase. I will probably try out your system when I buy one since all it would require purchasing in addition would be the reducer nozzle since I already have the liquid pad. Do you find that to be a necessary component or can I get by without it?

I chose to start out with the volcano system because I live in a frat and most of my smoking is done communally. I could definitely see myself buying a nice bong setup though and taking it out for special occasions with groups of people.

Sahara,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Man I love these inventive DIY systems, thanks for sharing and welcome to FC, Sahara. :wave:

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
d0z21 said:
I feel like inhaling out of a bag is a little bit unnatural, and I prefer to use a Roor water pipe that's all glass-on-glass so that you don't have to worry about anything contaminating the taste or quality of your vapor.
Then why are you posting in this thread? Just to post your affiliate link site? Sorry we don't run ads here so neither will you. :)

You're worried about mysterious things "contaminating the taste or quality of your vapor" but the heatgun is A-OK? :rolleyes: Guess what, it's not made of glass. Sorry, but after looking at your site, your credibility here is pretty low.

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I have been fortunate enough to have owned quite a few top line vapes and unfortunately, a bunch of crappy ones. I honestly believe that even with the evolution of vaporizers, the Steinel heat gun based vapes can still hold it?s own with the best of them. To answer your question, if you take vapes directly into a water pipe, you get thicker hits than if you were to blow it into a bag at the same heat setting. I do not know why this is, but my hypothesis is that the combination of the thermal couple that holds the temp of the heat gun extremely steady, combined with the assistance of your lungs, accelerates the extraction of the desired ingredient. I?ll post up some pics of the Valloon later when I get home.

Vtac, although that was a pretty petty attempt at advertising by d0z21 I do believe the steinel heat guns to be top notch heat sources. Some similarities it shares with top end, digital vapes include eramic heating element, electronic components separated from heat source, medical grade circuit board (dunno if the topline digital vapes use this), and stainless steel nozzle. I believe at one point, VRIPtech got pretty close to convincing Steinel to shrink the packaging and OEM some VRIP branded heating tool that would be about the size of can of Red Bull. The labs where the circuit board and electronics were supposed to be made is shared with another company that produces semiconductors and that requires the highest level of quality of material used to make sure no off gassing occurs. Plus the software that controls the heat in the heat guns is leaps and bounds better than those found in the vaporfection, vapezilla, and evolutions unit. The temp fluctuates maybe 10 degrees in either direction and the consistency of your vapor is spot on, whereas I can still control the type of vapor I would get with the Evolutions unit by changing the pace of my draw, which was a clue to me that the thermal couple was not reacting fast enough to temperature change. I might be in the minority here but I think the heat gun is just as credible a heat source as the ceramic heating element used in the SSV.

Kind of annoying to see an obvious example of someone trying to place an ?ad? on this forum but after checking out the site I?m left to wonder, what exactly did they invent to sell? Just looks like they bought some RooR bongs, some heat guns, and some steel wool to make sure the fan assisted heat gun doesn?t blow your medicine out. At least with VRIP or Inspector Vapors, there is custom glass bowls that fit the guns to give you a better and more efficient vapor experience.

stonemonkey55,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
although that was a pretty petty attempt at advertising by d0z21 I do believe the steinel heat guns to be top notch heat sources.
I was not knocking the Steinel. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in his logic. Sorry if that was a little a little fuzzy, I certainly was. :D

but after checking out the site I?m left to wonder, what exactly did they invent to sell?
Absolutely nothing. The products page just has affiliate links to online headshops.

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
ooops, my apologies, I thought they were an online retailer themselves...my mistake...after reading his "about us" section, seems like an OK guy. I thought he was some guy just trying to sell some stuff he happened to distribute. :/

Well, if he wanted to make his page even better, he should post links to VRIP or Got Vape and at least get the most of the heat gun...I prefer VRIP VCBs for the sole reason that they hold your herb in place better than the Inspector Vapor bowls because of the shape of the lower peice...

stonemonkey55,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
He's trying to make money with the affiliate links. Someone clicks one of those links on his 'products' page, they are redirected to the headshop along with his affiliate code. They buy something, he makes a percentage.

Without even saying hello, his first two posts here were knocking the SSV in the SSV thread and posting in this great DIY balloon thread about how he doesn't like balloons "because anything but glass is going to contaminate the taste and quality of your vapor". But here, check out some videos of the heatgun setup I'm trying to sell on my website as if I invented the technique. Fuck off. :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry to drag this thread off topic, Sahara.

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
To get back on topic, here is a picture of the Valloon. The piece on the right is where the herb goes into, it is sandwiched between two screens where the o-ring is located. When you put the top piece on, the little rod pushes up the valve to let the hot air in. The top part can then be connected to another glass piece (which I can't find) for inhalation. It was pretty sweet, all glass cept the screen and the bag

oops forgot the picture

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
damn ive always liked the valloon as a no nonsense bag system, it really is too bad it had to be discontinued :(

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom