Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexis

Faster heat ups......less butane use......... ++ Sign me up ......quick.....:tup:
I wonder if quartz will need less rotating as well, maybe even could be heated in one fixed spot like the SV3?
I am struggling with some repetitive strain from twirling the heater, and in a pretty minimalisitic fashion too. The Big Shot torch has eliminated the RSI from torch use- so easy to ignite and extinhuish.

If I could just torch one spot, resting on bubbler that would be nice.

LabPong

I hold my torch in the right hand while turning my water unit around back and forth. I find it much easier, faster, and much safer to have the heater and bowl mounted when heating.

But if your using the wand, obviously this is a totally different affair.

Id like to see a poll or showing of hands on those that only use through water, and those that only use the wand or some other j-hook like smaller attachment.

Alexis

I hold my torch in the right hand while turning my water unit around back and forth. I find it much easier, faster, and much safer to have the heater and bowl mounted when heating.

But if your using the wand, obviously this is a totally different affair.

Id like to see a poll or showing of hands on those that only use through water, and those that only use the wand or some other j-hook like smaller attachment.
I have not used the dry wand once yet. Only through water so far. I have also heated while sat on bubbler, turning bubbler. Not really any better for my rsi.

Easiest is probably just turning wpa, sat upright in bubbler.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Really? I love the wand. It is pretty sturdy glass and reminds me a bit of my chillum days. I also got acquainted more with the clip and its use for removing and handling the hot heater. However, the weekend has fucked up my tolerance badly - it was so much fun using the elev8r - so I will need a break soonish.
The only issue I have with the wand is that its opening is slightly too wide so the flavor disc drops into the herb chamber.

LabPong

One of the reasons I did not think of using the wand at first ....was because it is not in the shape where I want to hold it and hit on it. A J-hook might be nice though. If I can find something with a built in stand I may try that.

Otherwise I can actually just use a really small water unit that I use when I go fishing.

miniBub_zps7v4e5pex.jpg

editpost.do

duff

Well worn
I've now done two sessions with the dry stem and one through a dry piece all with flower.
When using the stem with flower you definitely need to hold it upright (or pack more I suppose. I packed .16). If you hold it horizontally, the flower falls down and doesn't fully cover the screen. If I hold it vertically, huge clouds and very smooth vapor for such a short straight shot. Of course there is a bit more heat.
Dry through my piece was phenomenal.
My first session with concentrate and the stem the other day was very nice too.

I have never heated it while sitting in a piece.
I always hold the stem/wpa and spin it slowly and focus a bit on the dimples. I actually really enjoy this part and it is very intuitive.

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis one method that I found to spin the heater easier has been to stick the 14mm male portion of the wpa on top of a chopstick or a piece of dowel. That makes it easier for me to spin the heater quicker than just holding the heater and wpa in my hand and rotating.
Thanks man. I dont try to spin it fast though at all- this ain't no Olympics lol! (Just winter ;)).
I am sure that the faster you spin, the longer it might take to reach temperature, just slightly anyway. But from the perspective of protecting the glass I honestly don't feel it is necessary to turn it that quickly.
So my approach is as minimal as I feel can be but even that is causing repetitive strain injury and I don't think there would be many ways of getting around it.
Same thing with the vapcap, which is far worse and DOES require attention and rotation, except shorter heating of course. I live with it and my chiropractors sure help when I get there.

However, for the last 2 months now I have been using exclusively- Elev8r, and Omnivap. Until the Digi-Ti is ready I am only drawn to these 2 vapes for now. The Elev8r because it is so good- the XL can't offer me this quality. And the Omnivap is a good compliment.

I am mixing and matching with them flexibly last few days. Stops me using too much herb, and getting too wasted with more Elev8r loads and monster hits I don't need. I have had fhe Elev8r ready on FC-186, and Omni with FC-UFO.

The Vapcaps don't pair well with the 186 IMO- hard work.
The Omnivap goes very well with the UFO. Perfect for large smooth hits, comfortable draw.
So I might start a Sativa-dom load in Elev8r. Then switch to Omni Indica-dom bowls as and when.

Or vice versa. Bring in Digi-Ti soon though and I will have a very attractive non-torch option so will have decent RSI relief. The fact that I pain myself with the ritual currently shows how good these vapes are, reward wise. I have the Pipes IH but really dont like the performabce of it, always uneven, harsher and less consistent for me than the torch.:tup:

virtualpurple

Thanks man. I dont try to spin it fast though at all- this ain't no Olympics lol! (Just winter ;)).
I am sure that the faster you spin, the longer it might take to reach temperature, just slightly anyway. But from the perspective of protecting the glass I honestly don't feel it is necessary to turn it that quickly.
So my approach is as minimal as I feel can be but even that is causing repetitive strain injury and I don't think there would be many ways of getting around it.
Same thing with the vapcap, which is far worse and DOES require attention and rotation, except shorter heating of course. I live with it and my chiropractors sure help when I get there.

However, for the last 2 months now I have been using exclusively- Elev8r, and Omnivap. Until the Digi-Ti is ready I am only drawn to these 2 vapes for now. The Elev8r because it is so good- the XL can't offer me this quality. And the Omnivap is a good compliment.

I am mixing and matching with them flexibly last few days. Stops me using too much herb, and getting too wasted with more Elev8r loads and monster hits I don't need. I have had fhe Elev8r ready on FC-186, and Omni with FC-UFO.

The Vapcaps don't pair well with the 186 IMO- hard work.
The Omnivap goes very well with the UFO. Perfect for large smooth hits, comfortable draw.
So I might start a Sativa-dom load in Elev8r. Then switch to Omni Indica-dom bowls as and when.

Or vice versa. Bring in Digi-Ti soon though and I will have a very attractive non-torch option so will have decent RSI relief. The fact that I pain myself with the ritual currently shows how good these vapes are, reward wise. I have the Pipes IH but really dont like the performabce of it, always uneven, harsher and less consistent for me than the torch.:tup:

Like you, I'm currently just using a vapcap and an elev8r. I just fingers using the chopstick makes it easier to rotate without my hand being uncomgortable. I prefer xl vapcaps for that reason.

Not to derail this thread but if your ih for the vapcap happens to be the portside mini send me a pm and maybe we can work something out.

I've had to leave most of my vapes in AK until I can ship them along to me here in texas, but in addition to the elev8r I also picked up a bell water filter from 7th floor. Kinda reminds me of the orbiter, I like it quite a bit and it pairs great with the vapcap.

I'm not familiar with the digi ti, where can I read up about that?

Alexis

@Alexis

You are making me want to try one of these vapes!! Lol!!!
:rockon: Wow, Im momentarily taken aback. I mean, for years you have been tormenting my VAS with just about every vape I could desire. Never actually thought the role would ever be reversed!! If it's worth knowing about, you usually get there first (with a diploma).
I can't remember now if I even used my Showerhead (which I owned BEFORE you nah-nah) before you slid in there and got you one yourself. It was nip and tuck anyway.

Where I can unquestionably see the Elev8r appealing to you is it's ability to deliver very large hits which are surprisingly smooth on the throat and the lungs, reportedly much more so than the other heavy hitters by sensitive uses.

Where I don't see you being so keen on it is dialling in your perfect exact hit every time as I know you like to do in a very precise fashion with your current lineup. It just means you can't be sure exactly what you are going to get each and every time. Occasionally I surpirse myself.:o

Like you, I'm currently just using a vapcap and an elev8r. I just fingers using the chopstick makes it easier to rotate without my hand being uncomgortable. I prefer xl vapcaps for that reason.

Not to derail this thread but if your ih for the vapcap happens to be the portside mini send me a pm and maybe we can work something out.

I've had to leave most of my vapes in AK until I can ship them along to me here in texas, but in addition to the elev8r I also picked up a bell water filter from 7th floor. Kinda reminds me of the orbiter, I like it quite a bit and it pairs great with the vapcap.

I'm not familiar with the digi ti, where can I read up about that?
Sorry bro missed this above. My IH is jarhead. Digi-Ti is Herborizer Ti in digital form, coming March/April.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoduh

My Blazer Big Buddy arrived yesterday. What a flame! Heat up time (with a bowl screen in the upper section) is 20 secs to get huge hits with small amounts of herb. This is truly an outstanding vape that fits me perfectly (with my love for pure air paths).

What size screen are you using?

Yoduh,

Alexis

Guys-NEWS FLASH! Got FA cup live football on BBC1 right now. Swansea City vs Sheffield Wednesday.
I just looked up at the TV screen and man did I trip for a moment- guess who is sponsoring Sheffield Wednesday printed in bright colour on their football kit?:shrug:

Shiver me timbers, it's "Elev8"!:o

I don't know if it is the one and only, or a mad coincindence. But it tripped me out for a moment.
If it is them, I do wonder how many people inside that footbal stadium have the slightest idea who Elev8 are and what they do.

How many TV viewers? I woudln't be surprised if the footbal players themselves have no clue either. I can imagine them in the dressing room-
"We got the new kit lads."
"Who the hell are Elev8?"
"I dunno I think they're like glass blowers or summint like."
:rofl:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
It is highly unlikely to be an advertisement for the glass blowers who make this vape. Was the logo the same?

Diggy Smalls,

LabPong

I'm bummin......my controller took a dump and wont work. Have to send back to NV tomorrow.

Has anyone else had one of the controllers stop working? My LCD will not come on but the heat button and power button do light up....but no heat.

Guys-NEWS FLASH! Got FA cup live football on BBC1 right now. Swansea City vs Sheffield Wednesday.
I just looked up at the TV screen and man did I trip for a moment- guess who is sponsoring Sheffield Wednesday printed in bright colour on their football kit?:shrug:

Shiver me timbers, it's "Elev8"!:o

I don't know if it is the one and only, or a mad coincindence. But it tripped me out for a moment.
If it is them, I do wonder how many people inside that footbal stadium have the slightest idea who Elev8 are and what they do.

How many TV viewers? I woudln't be surprised if the footbal players themselves have no clue either. I can imagine them in the dressing room-
"We got the new kit lads."
"Who the hell are Elev8?"
"I dunno I think they're like glass blowers or summint like."
:rofl:

I think that is the music group.

LabPong,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

I'm bummin......my controller took a dump and wont work. Have to send back to NV tomorrow.

Has anyone else had one of the controllers stop working? My LCD will not come on but the heat button and power button do light up....but no heat.

I think that is the music group.
Cheers dude, but I think you posted in the wrong thread? No controllers here!:rolleyes:
:tup:

Alexis,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I do not like using the ceramic flavor disk thingy. I charred last night for the first time while using it. I don't enjoy using it at all with a double decker, and I don't personally use any concentrate solo at this point. Usually. Anyway, I haven't tried it with just the disk and some concentrate, but I don't know. Maybe in the morning I'll try it with the last of my vapcap reclaim and get blitzed.

This weekend I'll try adding some concentrate to a bed of herb and vape that. I'm sure it will be fine.

Last edited:

almost there

so today is the last day of the sale and I thought this morning I'm in the clear, once the freebies aren't free anymore I won't be enticed....Anyway the day seemed to last forever and here I am making my confession. Sneaked in my order in the end, why fight it, it's a losing battle:lmao:. In case anyone is on the same boat don't wait for the end of the day. 7th floor was having website issues and I wasn't able to complete my order by myself, gave them a call and good old Jason did the order for me from their end.

Top Bottom