Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duff

Well worn
how does it compare to the Evo
The elev8r hangs with the best and most powerful of them.
I haven't tried the FP or the GS, but I have owned or tried the S3, vrip, sub and Evo and the elev8r tastes purer to me than all of them. The vrip was the closest flavor-wise. A glass screen would up the elev8r's game even more.

As far as ability to generate huge hits, the elev8r is on par with, or better in some cases, than all of them.

That being said, some folks simply won't like the heating method on the elev8r or the fragility.
But it's hard to find this kind of performance in a vape that costs under $150.

Last edited:

Alexis

The elev8r hangs with the best and most powerful of them.
I haven't tried the FP or the GS, but I have owned or tried the S3, vrip, sub and Evo and the elev8r tastes purer to me than all of them. The vrip was the closest flavor-wise.

As far as ability to generate huge hits, the elev8r is on par with, or better in some cases, than all of them.

That being said, some folks simply won't like the heating method on the elev8r or the fragility.
Bit it's hard to find this kind of performance in a vape that costs under $150.
Interesting Duff thanks for sharing your thoughts. I was more impressed by my first Elev8r uses than the SV3 and felt it surely has the potential to hit as hard.

If not now, I guess quartz will take it up. In terms of fragility though, I've really got no anxiety about handling and using this vape, breakage wise. I am not babying the heater exactly either.

Worst case, an inexpensive replacement. Now the Vrip- that DOES scare me. It's fragility and high expense to replace is the only thing stopped me owning one yet. I think I would be scared to use it!

Today- I am now getting my Big Shot dialled in for that amazing Elev8r vapor. Wow! I'm in love with it again. Took a few days of less pleasant hits with the new torch. SO smooth, large hits with short, easy heating with the Big Shot. Did I mention taste?:drool:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i might have to play with my elev8r more this weekend... all these post praising it over the FP... especially from the few i would have never thought to see anything praised higher!(i wont call you out, you know ho you are :cool:) i love my fp and is why my elev8r has been on the side, honeymoon wore off and i went back to the convenience of 'instant heat'.. so-to-speak...

...i love the ritualistic nature of using the torch, reason for the purchase!... sometimes in this on-demand, fast-pace life we all live, it's hard to stop for 45 seconds when you can take the easy way out :D

...i've committed myself to use the elev8r more this weekend, i have a nice piece of glass that mates perfect with it i'm excited to use again... I do have one with a crack in the heater, does not effect performance so i'm not worried about it, however once the quartz drop, i'm scooping one up!

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
These words are pleasing me, good to hear.

It's a shame @VCBud got burned (literally) using his ELEV8R, it'll likely put him off using it again let alone recommending it to the masses. I suppose a vape that requires such a torch probably wouldn't go mainstream anyway, he's not the only one fearful of the heating method I'm sure.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I thought I was out of fresh flower AND avb, but I found a container of ok avb. My biggest issue with avb is the lack of potency. Normally I'm doing 4 or 5 bowls of it in the vapcap. I vape through water and I don't mind the taste. Fresh flower, no water. Anyway.
So my girl is ito of town and I'm doing great with school work, so I load up the Elev8r with the avb and hit it hot through the water. Nothing to amazing. Vapor, taste was nothing wild... About on par with how nasty any avb tastes when you warm it up real dark but not burnt.
I'm kinda bummed I can't do another bowl cause my heater doesn't have the little bump, so I set it down and watch some Living Single.

Holy mother fucking shit. I am high as hell. This is like some heavy fucking indica body buzz with a blanket around my brain. Lol
Luckily, my only thing to do right now is listen to music and paint a giant picture for little kids.

I'm a load up another and get it ready for when this comes down.

almost there

"I'm home dear husband.......

"Hello dear wife welcome home.....

"dear husband....what in the world are you doing there and what it that stuff......

"dear wife...pay no attention to the paraphernalia all over, I'm just cooking up some crack rocks for you...

haaaaaa Yea the only part I don't like is looking like I'm doing crack to the untrained eye. But I only use this alone anyway. Sucks to have to be a torch monkey again.....but it is a small price to pay for how awesome the experience is.

EDIT: (after my long winded blah blah blah's below) Since I have a smaller glass bowl than the stock flowerhead Ti one, I would say maybe just a little bit more in the flowerpot, but not by much as it seems pretty close now how I have both vapes setup.

This is one thing I have held off on talking about in the past few days. I have been experimenting with different bowls using the Elev8R. I picked up a few different 18 to 14 adapters to use for bowls. I had to run around town and deal with super limited parts availability, but found 3 that would work good. The most important thing to look for with using a normal adapter glass piece is the shape of the area where the screen will sit. There are tons of different shapes and designs here.

Anyway I originally wanted to find one with a larger exit hole in the bottom. Found that easily as the normal adapters are larger holed compared to the 7th floor Elev8R designed bowl. So I solved the issue about testing a larger free flowing exit path.

I also knew most of the adapters are slightly shorter in the body area than the 7th floor bowl. So now I have solved the ability to test a shorter distance air path from the heater to the load.

Ok, now I have a setup that should allow me much quicker extraction so I can torch for a shorter period of time hopefully.

stockModed_zpshgegog2i.jpg

My results......yes I am slowing finding that I can heat about 10 seconds or so less on initial heat up and then the same for reheats.

Also since the load is so much closer to the heater...(by about 7mm), I get vapor faster which means I draw less time and draw strengh wise (like this is not free flowing enough...haaa) and also I get more draw/s off a heat cycle. But that depends on how big of a draw I take. Most of the time you need to breath in and out for a bit after the massive hits you get.

Then there is one of the cool things I got with one of the adapters. One is much smaller in the chamber size and diameter under the joint top. So it slightly tapers to the screen level. So the diameter at the screen is about 3mm narrower than the stock bowl. So now I have a smaller load to play with.

Now with this smaller bowl. I can use smaller amounts. The ability to not just put smaller amounts in the stock bowl where they are spread out horizontally, now that smaller load can grow vertically and have better flavor extraction when you get say 3+ draws off the load size. So when you stir the load you can tell how much it helps. I always new this using the flowerpot with a smaller glass bowl compared to the large Ti one. So I tend to put more in my loads then I normally would with my other vapes and normal day to day, week to week total amounts of flower used. But now, the medication last longer and I get to a much higher level. So I do not need to use as frequently as I normally would with my other weaker extracting/medicating vapes.

TLDR....... I am still experimenting but can say that ability to conserve my flower is greatly more inconsistent because I need to get over the honeymoon period and also find a setup and use scenario that is consistent day to day. The honeymoon may be permanent with the Elev8R it seems though.

So it all depends on what I have to accomplish in my daily tasks and how far I will push the envelope of feeling damn good and getting things done for work and such. lol

I think if I had a limited flower stash I could get away with using less for sure and be happy with the levels and lengths of medication I am getting.
thanks so much for reporting on the different adapters. I was always curious if that $30 piece for the elev8r is that much superior to this one
http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/...sentials/lsv-fatty-transfer-wand-adapter.html

Anyone tried this particular adapter? I'm willing to give it a try but I can't seem to tell if the female opening on this is 18mm or 14mm

Last edited:

LabPong

thanks so much for reporting on the different adapters. I was always curious if that $30 piece for the elev8r is that much superior to this one
http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/...sentials/lsv-fatty-transfer-wand-adapter.html

Anyone tried this particular adapter? I'm willing to give it a try but I can't seem to tell if the female opening on this is 18mm or 14mm

It's hard to tell how big it is or how it is shaped different than the stock bowl. But it looks like it has a much wider exit hole.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
It's for the LSV, so it' 18mm. Come back to with revenge if I'm wrong, but I owned one. So going by the picture, it's 18mm male on bottom end, and 18 female on top end. :)
The little picture of the product being used made it clear to me having owned that vape. Using it in the LSV makes the whole adapter into the bowl for the vape. That sounds outrageous lol

Diggy Smalls,

Danksta

...i might have to play with my elev8r more this weekend... all these post praising it over the FP... especially from the few i would have never thought to see anything praised higher!(i wont call you out, you know ho you are :cool:) i love my fp and is why my elev8r has been on the side, honeymoon wore off and i went back to the convenience of 'instant heat'.. so-to-speak...

I've increased my praise but I would not pick the Elev8r over the FP. I'm mainly using the Elev8r to reduce my use as the FP makes it too easy tear through meds.

The FP is more reliable and easier to dial in.

They both serve a purpose for me. :D

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
It's a shame @VCBud got burned (literally) using his ELEV8R, it'll likely put him off using it again let alone recommending it to the masses. I suppose a vape that requires such a torch probably wouldn't go mainstream anyway, he's not the only one fearful of the heating method I'm sure.

I'm just a huge idiot when it comes to breaking things and burning myself lol, but yea the way I was using it in that stream wasn't ideal for me, I just saw duff post a vid of him using it in a rig instead and it looks a lot safer and more up my alley, so I'll give it another whirl like that.

No complaints about flavor or potency, I'm impressed, but it's hard for me to get over that torch requirement. I've gotten used to the small torches like for the VapCap, but me using a big dab torch is a little overkill when vaping dry herb. Surprisingly it still seems to need a decent warm up time even with the big flame.

It's a pretty cool vape though, I'd still recommend it for the price if you're comfortable with the other stuff.

duff

Well worn
At lunch today I tried some nugs and a real plumber's torch.
I kept the heater in the piece and moved the plumber's torch around it instead of spinning the heater.
It heated much faster but I'm not sure that it heated nearly as evenly.
Nugs weren't quite as dry as through the supreme but fell apart nicely for the most part.
This is before and after the first hit.

virtualpurple

Fellas I got one of these a few days ago with the generous assistance of a friend, and I'm still getting the technique dialed in a bit, but so far I'm pretty wowed. This is a great complement to my vapcaps. I took the advice of someone on this thread (@Diggy Smalls maybe?) And have been using the wand with my 14mm vapcap. Of course I also have some bud between the reducer and the wand itself so I'm hitting a little bit of bud with the hot vapor from the loaded vapcap, hoping to get some extra sticky goodness to those uncooked nugs.

So how long do we figure before someone comes up with an electronic component to push out the heat instead of a torch?

LabPong

Maybe a little somethin like this

OM0AAne.jpg

Something like that....possibly a desk mount box that you can put the heater and attached bowl into...heat up maybe for like 30-60 seconds..then pull it away and attach to water unit and go .....like my Pipes induction heaters for the vapcaps.

Or, a quickly removable wand/cone/can/ like the flower pot. That may be the easier approach.

Yoduh

I was picturing a box. With something like a car cigarette lighter. Glass w heat element around it. Push in. Pops at ideal temp. Which you can dial in yourself for your own liking. When it pops out it on the bowl and let er rip. What would be cool. Is a way to make it compatible with actual car lighters and now it's portable.... :cool:

I may be high. Lol. This elev8r is awesome. Insane flavor. And huge hits. Two thumbs way up! :tup::tup::clap::rockon:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Bud I think you may be reading my mind...what is that exactly?
It's a e-nail coil :). Btw those coils used for e-nails are around in industry almost 3 decades :). They are offered with built in thermocouple ,perfect for accurate heating. I've been trying for sometime to find a coil for my Gn0mes,but it is not a very easy task,since 22mm ID isnt that popular ,i have to try 19.8 yet for which might fit other designs..Actually,i've never seen e-nail coil in person,are they rigid or bendable ,can one reshape them without shorting the heating wire inside ?
products_image_12.jpg

That car lighter idea is awesome. How about modifying a solder pot like this one with a stainless steel piping/element with an opening big enough for the elev8tor ,it has temp control too,just enough surface contact with the glass is needed.. At second thought it might be better just to use a stainless steel foil spiral ,shaped just like on the car lighters with a whole for the elev8tor in the middle
HTB1NqRkSFXXXXbZXpXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg

Last edited:

Alexis

The Elev8r is really special for me personally because I couldn't tolerate the Flowerpot and that broke my heart at the time. The glass Symphony was not a surprise at all, just further disappointment.
The Elev8r was a random spontaneous whim. In my mind I kind of saw it as a backup for the incoming GS, which I rightly suspected was not going to work.

I never expected this performance and superior vapor quality however to match the heavy hitters which I have not been able to tolerate, just with a little more inconvenience of course.
I havent suffered any heartbreak over the GS intolerance and it has revived my hope of finding new cool vapes I can enjoy.
I am still looking forward to getting my Herbo Ti for desktop ease, but for the meantime the Elev8r is satisfying my craving for the best vapor and effects I could wish for. :)

Sent from Samsung tablet.

Top Bottom