Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pyrat615

:)) I dont think it is that much better option than quality boro. I've cracked more 4 mm quartz bangers than 2mm thick Simax glass gn0mes for sure. Quartz tubes/sleeves cost 5-10 times the price of boro. As far as heat retention it both are really close,the wall thickness has much more to do with it than the type of glass used. Anyway i guess we will know soon enough when 7thfloor come up with it. I wonder mainly how much more expensive will it be than the boro. Quartz is really expected to have better thermal shock resistance then boro,but boro also gives the opportunity of fixing small hairline cracks yourself by holding the flame for a prolonged period at the place. Since quartz has a bit higher melting point it is hard to reach it with regular butane torch ,therefore once you crack it it is lost.
Someone mentioned titanium heater. IMO this is not a good option since it hot metal will bring even more thermal shock to the gong joint and will likely result in some breakages,happened to me once with the hot tip of a nectar collector.
i agree aswell... i like the idea of titanium simply because it will last FOREVER...
it is ofcourse a compromise as most things are but ive also heard of the heater airhole beginning to collapse in on itself and make strange air way noises. has anyone had that experience. i have not personally but thats another reason i think titanium should be available as an OPTION... not the standard

respectfully

pyrat615,
Reactions: Yoduh

Yoduh

Tongs silicon mats big buddy and butane arrived via Amazon today.

Elev8r still processing. 3 day weekend too..womp womp. Hopefully be in my hands by next weekend. :D

Hmmm just noticed mats are good up to 440* F. Is that high enough to put the heater on?

Last edited:

LabPong

yes for Ti......get a NV flowerpot...they are nice. I have both now and the reason I like using the Elev8r is because of the all glass heater and load chamber (minus the screen).....is much less irritating on my throat and I get a better higher medication. It may be that it is just as strong as the FP will give, but for me it is different and I can handle a much larger amount of vapor with the Elev8r.

If you are someone that has a hard time with different vapes tasting funny or just harsh on your throat....GET A ELEV8R. By far the smoothest vaping experience I have had with such massive vapor if wanted.

pyrat615

the nv flowerpot looks interesting but WAY too many parts for my liking personally..
i like to keep things very simple. but im enjoying my elev8r and ssv.
btw my friend has heated his heater red hot and opened the airway up again now so it is functioning normally again... just a fyi

LabPong

Elev8r still processing. 3 day weekend too..womp womp. Hopefully be in my hands by next weekend. :D

Hmmm just noticed mats are good up to 440* F. Is that high enough to put the heater on?

Though the heater will cool off in decent time, it is still going to be hot as hell for a while. That is when you will find out it can be best to have a glass or ceramic small dish/bowl to set it in when you take it off.

LabPong,
Reactions: Yoduh

blackstone

The ELEV8R is lowering my herb consumption. When I use the ELEV8R I put a good load in, I fill up the entire clear section with finely ground herb. The reason I am saying this vape is saving me money is because after that fairly decent sized ELEV8R load, I am out like Floyd Mayweather just popped me in the face.

My usual habit is to chain vape about three loads but not since the ELEV8R. It is one 'load' and I am done.

(an ELEV8R load for me equals 2 massive hits with two additional lesser hits)

:zzz:

All this is sounding crazily familiar from my only 7th Floor vape to date (SSV, similar bowl etc). Both the fact that it is my flavor monster taste sampling device, and how it seems the more you fill the bowl is directly proportional to the amount of time you will sit back enjoy and say fuuuggin hell about the effects.
The more you put in the less you use over time, it's the opposite of what I used to think!
And a bigger load slows the air and does more, so when you get it browning pretty warm, that belt it gives, holy crap.

This thing must be absolutely great fun and taste.
What I find amazing is if you order from the company website, you get two heaters.
To me that's like you get a desktop and a portable for your money.
Or when I saw how cheap two spare heaters are, it got me thinking of hiding parts of these here and there, and maybe a torch or two so I wouldn't even need to carry a vape!

The glass is not going to get damaged from dampness anyway!

What's the smallest torch for heating these, maybe for outdoor too, 3 inch long flame, 1.5 inch?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
FWIW I've never seen anyone crack a Quartz nail ever. IMO all of the reasons people dab off Quartz instead of glass are why the elev8r heater would perform better that way than boro.

Some Quartz nails have over a 90 second cool down time just to approach dabbing temperature. That's gonna be perfect for that heat needed for convection flower vaporization! I've never used an elev8r so I'm ignorant to you guys, but I feel pretty confident that if this vape is a winner in its current preparation, it's only going to perform better with a Quartz heater. It shouldn't be much more expensive. That doesn't mean it won't be, but it shouldn't be. Look what
You can get a Quartz banger from China for; about $8 and honestly the boro heater might just become obsolete when the quartz drops.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
FWIW I've never seen anyone crack a Quartz nail ever. IMO all of the reasons people dab off Quartz instead of glass are why the elev8r heater would perform better that way than boro.

Some Quartz nails have over a 90 second cool down time just to approach dabbing temperature. That's gonna be perfect for that heat needed for convection flower vaporization! I've never used an elev8r so I'm ignorant to you guys, but I feel pretty confident that if this vape is a winner in its current preparation, it's only going to perform better with a Quartz heater. It shouldn't be much more expensive. That doesn't mean it won't be, but it shouldn't be. Look what
You can get a Quartz banger from China for; about $8 and honestly the boro heater might just become obsolete when the quartz drops.
Well i said it is going to increase the price because quartz ground joints and their prices is 5 x -10 x the price of the boro ones (2$ vs 5-10$ ) ,but we i am talking about high quality EU machined quartz,not about selfproduced or sourced from China. You are right that there are a lot of 8$ bangers but their durability is not good IME.. If you look at the prices of the high quality quartz bangers it is nowhere near 8$ (still if it was boro it would cost 1$ in china) :)). The boro heater will become obsolete only if the quartz one isnt three times the price :). The reason people dab off quartz is because it has higher resistance to thermal shock then the boro,and the heat retention imo is attributed to the glass thickness as mentioned. All that being said ,quartz heater will have almost same performance as boro heater but with greater durability .

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
It is true that the high seems to last long and be a little more up front and powerful, which means I don't usually follow it up with another. I watched a whole episode of Living Single and now another 20 minutes and my high is starting to fade from two small pinch...like a couple mm over the screen. Anyway, it's very good like that. It is capable of smaller loads, but it really shines when you load up the herb chamber right up to the top of the clear part. I tend to extract the whole bowl in two heat and draws regardless of how much is put in there.
If I try to take a third it scorches some and doesn't give much vapor. Also, since this thang is such a flavor monster, taking the herb to a really dark place is not very tasty at all. So it can go really dark, but it ends up tasting somehow worse than other vapes doing a dark roast.

Alexis

You have nothing to worry about here. The silicon mat is perfectly sufficient for the glass heater any time no problem. And besides, I use tongs of course and I dont remove the heater from the tongs while I sit it on the silicon mat. So it is kind of held up in the tongs at any angle you choose, resting on the heat mat.

Alexis

When I use the ELEV8R I put a good load in, I fill up the entire clear section with finely ground herb.
Same here, load to the top of the clear glass. It is about the same size load as the Vriptech Heat Wand VCB is designed to hold.

On another topic- I finally got out the house on Friday while shops were still open to post my Big Buddy back to Vapefiend- they got it today, OK'd the exchange- Big Shot already on its way!:rockon:
This double brulee makes for a significantly less enjoyable experience using the Elev8r. Less tasty, less smooth vapor, and I hate using the torch all day every day.
It was much easier for me to consistently get the vapor and hits I want with the Big Buddy.
First load today now.:)

LabPong

the nv flowerpot looks interesting but WAY too many parts for my liking personally..
i like to keep things very simple. but im enjoying my elev8r and ssv.

Not sure what you are referring too with "too many parts". Do you mean there are too many parts to put together to form the full vape.....or do you mean there are too many parts you have to touch/use to have a vape a session? But if you mean that the NewVape has too much stuff to put together to use? If so, all the parts are only assembled 1 time to use when ever.

The flowerpot is actually much quicker and easier for me to have a session with even though there are more larger parts sitting on my desk. When I use the Elev8R I have a couple more things/tools involved (though smaller) to have a vape session.

Alexis

Not sure what you are referring too with "too many parts". Do you mean there are too many parts to put together to form the full vape.....or do you mean there are too many parts you have to touch/use to have a vape a session? But if you mean that the NewVape has too much stuff to put together to use? If so, all the parts are only assembled 1 time to use when ever.

The flowerpot is actually much quicker and easier for me to have a session with even though there are more larger parts sitting on my desk. When I use the Elev8R I have a couple more things/tools involved (though smaller) to have a vape session.
Sure, it definitely pays to have an extra few minutes for an Elev8r session, despite the fact that it can and does medicate you fast. Probably not the best when in a rush to leave the house maybe, providing you have pre-heated alternatives of course.

Also, interesting what you say about being able to take bigger hits with the Elev8r with less irritation than the Flowerpot. I am quite amazed how hard I can get away with hitting the Elev8r, in mind of my extreme sensitivities and all out FP and GS intolerance.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Razshiro is this shop legit? I ordered last Wednesday and they sent me an invalid tracking link. Now they don't answer my emails, requesting whether the vape is already on its way :(

Schroedinger,

Alexis

@Razshiro is this shop legit? I ordered last Wednesday and they sent me an invalid tracking link. Now they don't answer my emails, requesting whether the vape is already on its way :(
Who do you refer to? I can vouch for the total legitimacy of 7th Floor, Vaposhoo, and Lacentrale.

None of those guys will be trying to rip you off. A little paitence and hopefully not too long a wait.

Alexis,
Reactions: Razshiro

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I refered to Lacentrale (@Razshiro posted their link here and I know vaposhop as a very customer friendly shop). I found the shopping flow somewhat weird, as I got redirected to their alias called jahvaporizer after I registered as a customer on lacentrale.... Then I got the non-working tracking number and no email replies to my inquiries - so my warning bells went off.

But thanks for the reinsurance @Alexis - I will try to wait patiently.

EDIT: my last email from yesterday just returned reporting a DNS lookup error for their contact address :(

Last edited:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I refered to Lacentrale (@Razshiro posted their link here and I know vaposhop as a very customer friendly shop). I found the shopping flow somewhat weird, as I got redirected to their alias called jahvaporizer after I registered as a customer on lacentrale.... Then I got the non-working tracking number and no email replies to my inquiries - so my warning bells went off.

But thanks for the reinsurance @Alexis - I will try to wait patiently.

EDIT: my last email from yesterday just returned reporting a DNS lookup error for their contact address :(
I ordered an ELEV8R from La Centrale Vapeur and it arrived today via DPD. The tracking on the french Colissimo website didn't work very well. Ordered on the 15th, arrived today.

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Mushroomturtle thanks for the info. I ordered on the 14th - so maybe the package will be there this evening. Weirdly, the tracking does not work at all here - it says the tracking code is invalid. Are you in France? I am in Germany, merely 400 km from Paris.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: Alexis

Danksta

Well i said it is going to increase the price because quartz ground joints and their prices is 5 x -10 x the price of the boro ones (2$ vs 5-10$ ) ,but we i am talking about high quality EU machined quartz,not about selfproduced or sourced from China. You are right that there are a lot of 8$ bangers but their durability is not good IME.. If you look at the prices of the high quality quartz bangers it is nowhere near 8$ (still if it was boro it would cost 1$ in china) :)). The boro heater will become obsolete only if the quartz one isnt three times the price :). The reason people dab off quartz is because it has higher resistance to thermal shock then the boro,and the heat retention imo is attributed to the glass thickness as mentioned. All that being said ,quartz heater will have almost same performance as boro heater but with greater durability .

I disagree. The quartz will retain heat longer than the boro. We will finally be able to play with timers! :rockon:

Get this thing REALLY dialed in without a PID :D

Quartz will take this vape to a new level. It will also get other people who are waiting on the sidelines to join our party!

:science: AWAITS!

The boro is limiting what we can do and the full potential of this design. I can't wait for it to come out. I'll probably grab 2.

LabPong

After using the vape and getting to know it fairly well so quick. I have a few idea's about making it better for me......and maybe everyone else.

First thing for me is about the bowl. Being able to get into the load and stir is very important to me. Just shaking it up only does half the job. There is a lot of material that sticks to the screen and the outer edges of it and the glass. Shaking can not get this off and you need to scrape with a poker. The poker tool they give you is awesome and my favorite one now. I put a small piece of foam about the same diameter but longer than the glass ball on the end... and now I have much more control over it.

It would be nice to be able to separate the heater from the bowl easier and then also faster to put it back on and continue your sesh. Being able to keep the heat up is helpful here with the stirring process. The sic clip is great for keeping the joints together but sometimes not easy to take off safely and quickly for most it seems to me. How many times have you pulled the clip off and almost tipped the water unit over or more so dropping the hot ass heater piece on something? So maybe some sort of hinged arrangement between the heater and bowl would be cool, wither that would be a clip hinge or glass banger type of hinge. Preferably a clip for me to keep it simple and cost effective.

The other big part I see is directly the design or making of the bowl. I did not notice it at first, but when revisiting some pics on the Elev8R page I saw some differences in bowls. I am not sure if these in the picture are exact to what is being released currently or they were taken during development periods?

el8r%20bowls_zpsutzarjad.jpg

The exit hole area of each bowl above is different in size. I would love to see it wide as possible like minimum of #2. Even wider with a redesign. I was using a 18 to 14 adapter that worked well for a make shift bowl. It is about 2mm shorter from top to screen placement and has a bigger outlet hole in it. This allowed for quicker extraction and that is important with chugging down so much butane....lol

So the blue lines above represent the distance the heat has to go to get to the load. There are some minor variances in the above ones and I would like to see that distance be shorter than it is by maybe say 4 or 5mm.

Also, one little tweak if they can do it to the sanded area of the bowl top will help some. If they can make the sanded are only where needed to grab the heater well, and leave the rest clear finish. Then I could inspect the load so much better after doing a shake stir only.

Also, I just assumed these bowls came as 14mm....so I wonder how they differ in 18mm?

That with one other addition to this vape would send it off the charts would be a larger @Pipes IH heater! Yea...freaking mind blown on that thought huh!!!

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Yay , it has arrived. Just tested it with a microdose of some CBD only herb (need to work out later) and pressing a 25mm fine screen convexly downward into the neck of the bowl works great (just dropping a microload into the chamber not so much.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: Alexis
Top Bottom