1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

New Portable Vaporizer from 7th Floor: The ELEV8R

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by 7thFloorVapes, Dec 11, 2017.

?

Want to try it out?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2017.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Hell Yeah

55 vote(s)
    64.0%
  3. No, thank you

12 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

Ok so today I discovered I can use the elev8r similarly to a sticky bricks, although I warm up the heater a little bit.
    When I get home tonight I'll attempt a bowl using no warm up and direct intake. This is a very very interesting vape. I was able to crush a half gram bowl by warming it up to low vape temp with my triple hey lighter. I take a draw and turn off the lighter. Scott half way through the draw I pointed the little lighter towards the air intake at the top of the heater. I got the richest and thickest vapor I've had to date. Amazing.
    I love manual Vapes lost because they reward the incentive user.

wildything, Alexis and steama like this.
  2. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

Dude!! Thank you for sharing that! Will have to try that.

Diggy Smalls and steama like this.
  3. steama

steama Well-Known Member

This vape really lets you focus on the taste. I have noticed that when the load is cashed I am not getting the toasted popcorn taste much at all.

4. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

This is true, also unusual for many vapes- when I have overheated fairly early in a load and darkened it on top, with unpleasant and harsher vapor...I can still vape the rest after a stir and the flavour is still very good, not popcorny.

I still SWEAR to you all, it is the absolute best tasting hits, at that ideal temp barely high enough to milk a bubbler- that REALLY medicate me instantly! Much more than the full milked long fat rips.

@steama im really curious to ask you, in just a few words- how does the Elev8r compare to the VHW in terms of taste and potency? Only if you have a worthwhile observation on it.

mixchu69, Diggy Smalls and steama like this.
  5. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Sorry to be such a dip but I do not know what a VHW is.

Still, I don't need to know. I can honestly say the ELEV8R is the best tasting hits I have ever had PERIOD.

The way I am looking at this vape is if I got some top shelf from the dispensary, the first thing I would do is try it out in the ELEV8R. Not the FP (my daily driver), not my glass sherlock, or even my Supreme 3. Hands down the ELEV8R is the best tasting vape I have ever had.

:nod:

6. Alexis

Sorry I think my mind has been playing tricks on me again- I wasn't sure if I saw you partaking in the beginning stages of the Vriptech Heat Wand thread when I read it a few years ago.

I have always wanted to try the VHW for its glass purity, and the amazing flavour Mark so passionately promotes. Just a risky vape for me if that cover breaks, lots of bucks!

So the Elev8r is like a taster for me. When I get that taste bang on it makes me really want the VHW desktop a lot more.:drool:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  7. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

Hey man long time since i have seen you on the forums...i will have to second that...elev8r is the best tasting vape i have had period. It blows the hammer and the supreme away when it comes to taste. Have not tried the VHW is that the vriptech??

The elev8r is like a omnivap on mega steroids!!

invertedisdead, steama and Alexis like this.
  8. Alexis

Yes that is the one. Im sure it offers a very close experience flavour wise, certainly pureness.
    Also 100% glass ability with glass screen.
    Did you all see 7th Floor said they expect to have glass screens too down the line due to some demand?

Anyway, the VHW would be an excellent desktop match for Elev8r.

I agree with you guys completely. The best, cleanest tasting vapor I ever tried. And we aren't even talking about the effects here either!! I thought the flavour with the Flowerpot was incredible, the tease of it being off bounds killed me.

I know now that whatever other device I am using, however much, I have the option right there for the best tasting and purest vapor when I wish.

@hoyo77 I also agree about the Omni on 'roids, but it is much more than that. So much purer and healthier I feel-much truer to the plant. But I still use my Omnivap most days, knocks me out at night.:zzz:

Got to get back to this fresh load now, very nicely high indeed.:tup:

invertedisdead and steama like this.
  9. steama

steama Well-Known Member

my flower pot just gave me the middle finger :haw:

10. Alexis

No questions I would be hitting the Showerhead all day if it was possible. It may not quite match the Elev8r's flavour, (and I wonder how you fully experienced FP users would compare potency too)...
    But FP is special in it's own ways and I love it just like the Elev8r.:nod:

invertedisdead and steama like this.
  11. steama

steama Well-Known Member

First combustion incident...looks like I am learning how to heat this thing. I think 25 seconds is all I need. :brow:

JCharles and Alexis like this.
  12. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

single flame or double flame??

13. Alexis

Yes I think that as long as the flame is strong enough that is plenty of time. I just had a crisis anyway- I bought 2 420ml cans of clean gas for my vapcaps-In September 2016.

I never even got close to half way though one can in that time using maybe 10-20 caps a week give or take.
    4 weeks of Elev8tr and my first can os dry! I didn't know where the other one was, searched house, was about to give up voila! Back in business!:rockon:
    Worst bit is my vapcap torches needed filling too, and Im really not a fan of the induction heater vapor quality and uneven extraction- so gross compared to Elev8r.

JCharles and steama like this.
  14. steama

steama Well-Known Member

big performance + small cost = ELEV8R vape

I use a Blazer Big Shot that has a single fairly large industrial flame nozzle.

JCharles, Alexis and mixchu69 like this.
  15. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

How consistent are you finding the hits though - is it tricky to get flavor or are you getting it easily every time?

Also are you using dry or through water?

Alexis and JCharles like this.
  16. CL52613

CL52613 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I do not get or understand the attraction? Butane is about as efficient as coal relative the technology being used in portable and desktop vaeporizers in 2018. This not about the delivery but all about the ritual, sorry.

17. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

The delivery is very different from my other butane vape as well as my desktop Vapes I have had offer the years. I used an LSV and the vapor from this is very different. Discredit if you like, but until you try it you'll never really know.

Alexis and JCharles like this.
  18. JCharles

JCharles FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017

That's not why we like them.

The ritual is nice (and a pain sometimes) but the pure, untainted, full extraction rips are king. You can drop a 1/2g of flower in the Elev8R and melt your face off.

Or run it with concentrates for flavour overload. The terps and temperature are perfect.

Of use flower and concentrate in the same bowl with massive lung expanding hits.

The point is, it does both concentrate and flower better than most of the current vapes on the market.

It's on demand-ish, and comes with everything you need for a dry or wet rip.

What more could a vaporent want from a vape?

invertedisdead and Alexis like this.
  19. Alexis

It's all about the vapor quality with this. The most unbeatable taste and feel when dialled right. We talk about next level, this is as close to vapor perfection as I have experienced.
    Now if one day somebody can find a way to regulate and control the heat on that heater precisely- then I don't think there would be any more "levels".

So high again, but my point coming here was for @invertedisdead , (hiya dude!) just a while ago I had my best Elev8r session yet. Watching the UFO bubbler in daylight, mindful of the heat emenating from the glass (and NOT burning my cheek, AGAIN!! Lol), I got every hit bang on for the most fantastic tasting, pure vapor every time.

And it was all "blue" vapor! Which @ShadowVape of VHW insists is more potent. It didnt look like milk in the UFO, but flows fast. Visibly blue though. Exhales were STILL very large, and my god the flavour and feel, all the way.
    Every hit perfect. Later Im sure I'll take it higher to finish the load. I get so much out of my herb like this too. Just taking all of it's goodness, like Pirranha fish!

I feel quite confident about replicating this in daylight with my senses and vision, etc. When Im cained at night is when I struggle more.:nod: Hence-incoming Digi-Ti!:rockon:

20. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Love it bro!!
    Gotta get me an Elev8r! I think it would be great to bring to my dabbing buddies houses. They all have glass and torches, so the whole unit is pretty compact!

Alexis likes this.
  21. Alexis

I don't think it is a bad investment at all. I am stil struggling with hand and wrist RSI issues, but the rewards are so fulfilling it makes it all worth it until Digi is released.

Then the Elev8r is available for on demand purity heaven any time I wish.

Oh yes, I didn't even MENTION the effects above! The flavour is just so damn good it seems to be the onky thing that matters. The effects are to match!

steama and invertedisdead like this.
  22. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I have found from using this little gem of a vape that there is a particular point you really want to slow down and take your time.

When you are done torching the heater you may have the ELEV8R in one hand and a flaming torch in the other, while trying to turn the torch off at the same time. At first I was doing this kind of distorted juggling act and it told me I was going to burn myself or drop the ELEV8R one of these times. So I decided to make a 'slow routine' so I would not burn myself or break the vape. This is how I do it:

1) first put the flaming torch down pointed in a safe direction
    2) place the ELEV8R on the water piece
    3) now that you have both hands free turn off the torch.

This seems to be better for me than keeping a hold on the ELEV8R and trying to turn the torch off in the other hand which caused several close accidents. I was lucky I thought of this before I fucked up.

Whenever safety is involved sometimes making a step by step 'slow routine' can make you more safe.

:myday:

Alexis likes this.
  23. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

Oh yeah man I get that light blue cat that doesn't seem very thick but tastes so fresh and so good. The exhale is like a juice cloud it's surprising. It's very very very hard to overheat with the little lighters I have. I started putting the little triple flames right onto the heater and turn very slowly since you guys are using these massive torches. Anyway, it shortens the heat up time significantly for me, but the lighters still get very got from one use and burn you hot if you are stupid enough to keep using it.
    So I totally between torch lighters lol. Second rip heats quicker anyway.

Alexis likes this.
  24. Alexis

@steama I find it easier (and safer) to put the Elev8r on its place in water tool, then you have 2 hands to turn the gas off, plus without having to place the torch down while ignited- i can see an accident happening one day that way if you put the torch down too near to an object without clocking, or if it accidentally turns.

That is presuming one is using the WPA of course. Also I am using the Big Buddy atm, which I can easily switch off one-handed without putting it down.
    Just trying to keep you alive bro (or keep your house intact- who wants a big pile of ashes and an intact Showerhead?;) )

25. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

I just stumbled across this and man am I jonesing! Any of you cool kids hitting this with whole nugs? Since moving to TX I've only got 2 vapcaps at the moment to keep me company (when I can find a little herb), but this looks like an interesting new friend.

I've got the ELEV8R in my cart along with the sherlock and their little bubbler attatchment, but that's 55 bucks, can anyone chime in whether the water tool is worth the scratch? I'm trying to live on a semi tight budget!

Mushroomturtle and Alexis like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors