New Portable H Enail with built in glass bubbler by Green Light Vapes

Hoosier

Learning to use this 510enail has been fun and interesting, but so far so good. I've already produced a hairline crack on my ceramic nail though (sweet!). How do I determine when I should let off the power?

Well, i think its going to be trial and error for us early adopters! Just dont go to high on the power!!!

Hoosier,

Hoosier

100w at 600 degrees and I keep pulsing it after I hold it for an i initial 15 seconds. This lets me cook the dab off entirely 99% of the time.

Which nail are you using? I did cancel that 510nail, but got another on the way from edabs, should be here tomorrow.

Hoosier,

tylerj55

Which nail are you using? I did cancel that 510nail, but got another on the way from edabs, should be here tomorrow.

Was using my 510nail, but I accidentally ripped the top off, so it no longer works. Sold my edabs one because I thought I was more than happy with my 510nail haha. Life's funny haha. Ordering another one soon.

tylerj55,

Hoosier

Was using my 510nail, but I accidentally ripped the top off, so it no longer works. Sold my edabs one because I thought I was more than happy with my 510nail haha. Life's funny haha. Ordering another one soon.

accidentally ripped the top off? hows that happen?

Hoosier,

Hoosier

The reclaim on the bubbler stuck the ceramic top and when I tried to pull it out, it ripped completely out.

Did you take any teardown pics? I took some of the edabs one, I just haven't gotten around to uploading yet. Nothing surprising. Thick, insulated wire soldered on side of atomizer barrel and to post. Soldered on other end to the ceramic heating rod. Ceramic nail head/cup sitting in pfte insulator.

I know some might be off put by the solder, but given that a second of 150w power resulted in atomizer not being found by my battery, I have a hard time beliving that a runaway battery could possible melt that solder.

Hoosier,

Hoosier

Did you take any teardown pics? I took some of the edabs one, I just haven't gotten around to uploading yet. Nothing surprising. Thick, insulated wire soldered on side of atomizer barrel and to post. Soldered on other end to the ceramic heating rod. Ceramic nail head/cup sitting in pfte insulator.

I know some might be off put by the solder, but given that a second of 150w power resulted in atomizer not being found by my battery, I have a hard time beliving that a runaway battery could possible melt that solder.

Just got my new one in. Put watts at 65 and TC at 600 and I am beyond thrilled!

Savilion

Just got mine from dhgate 510 edition . For some reason it only came with Ti nails ...anyhow , This is first impression with my eleaf istick 50w running at about 45 watts. What I did was seasoned the nail and noticed I could get a pretty good temp running 2 cycles then dropping the dab onto the nail. Next my first dab I did the same thing , 2 cycles then POW! hot enough to drop a nice glob on , finishing the full thing .

Very impressed .... one thing , if I look at the ceramic post it seems to be wrapped in something , like more ceramic ? Or is it a metal post wrapped in ceramic ? kinda confused . If you look close at the photo below you will kind of see a split on the post . Like its wrapped around another material.

IMG_8488.jpg

Hoosier

Just got mine from dhgate 510 edition . For some reason it only came with Ti nails ...anyhow , This is first impression with my eleaf istick 50w running at about 45 watts. What I did was seasoned the nail and noticed I could get a pretty good temp running 2 cycles then dropping the dab onto the nail. Next my first dab I did the same thing , 2 cycles then POW! hot enough to drop a nice glob on , finishing the full thing .

Very impressed .... one thing , if I look at the ceramic post it seems to be wrapped in something , like more ceramic ? Or is it a metal post wrapped in ceramic ? kinda confused . If you look close at the photo below you will kind of see a split on the post . Like its wrapped around another material.

IMG_8488.jpg

More pics, more angles, please.

Hoosier

IMG_8489.jpg

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8494.jpg

The last show you can see the "wrapping" the most.

Im having a hard time seeing the wrapping, but a few things jump out to me.

#1) the metal heat shield on that 510nail looks to be a grenlight knock off. I'm pretty sure that the GL ones all have 3 dots where the metal has been inserted into the ceramic.

#2) Is that even ceramic surrounding the metal insert? When I have looked similar construction on the henail copies on dhgate I have assumed that the nailhead was probably still just pfte with a metal shield inserted.

#3) Before seeing the picutres, I thought you might have been refering to one of the models that is currently on ebay--- it has a metal heating element, and only comes with SS nails. not ideal from my perspective

#4) who the hell knows how that thing is constructed, because it seems like we are already onto copies of copies of copies with this new form factor!

Hoosier,

Savilion

Yep , I think your right , looks like pfte with a metal insert .

Thinking about just ripping it apart . hmmmm

how can I be sure its pfte and not ceramic ? should it feel colder to the touch?

Savilion,

Hoosier

Yep , I think your right , looks like pfte with a metal insert .
how can I be sure its pfte and not ceramic ? should it feel colder to the touch?

not sure if others have better, more telling ways, but from my experience---

take a sharp blade and slash it just a bit. ceramic will sound a bit like nails on a chalk board, and will make more of a chalk mark. PFTE will indent like a cutting board.

I think the moral of the story for me is, stay away from DHGate when it comes to h-enail/510 devices for now...they are willing do say & do just about anything.

Hoosier,

Savilion

Yep , it indented . The metal seems to be doing a good job of insulating it , not getting any funny smells . Still dont trust it tho.

Savilion,

Prospector

Mine has that same 'sheath' or jacket of ceramic around the actual ceramic pin, as well. Unfortunately, my nail from Edabs broke on me. Really unsure of what exactly happened but I was getting it ready for some dabs and I go to screw it on my box and.. 'No atomizer found'. I was pulsing it the day before, trying to clean the ceramic nail head, and maybe it just had enough. Got some good use out of it while it was working but I'm pretty bummed when something randomly breaks like that. I wish I could have recognized the fault and possibly stopped it from continuing.

So if anyone is interested in picking up some spare parts, let me know :p

Hoosier

Mine has that same 'sheath' or jacket of ceramic around the actual ceramic pin, as well. Unfortunately, my nail from Edabs broke on me. Really unsure of what exactly happened but I was getting it ready for some dabs and I go to screw it on my box and.. 'No atomizer found'. I was pulsing it the day before, trying to clean the ceramic nail head, and maybe it just had enough. Got some good use out of it while it was working but I'm pretty bummed when something randomly breaks like that. I wish I could have recognized the fault and possibly stopped it from continuing.

So if anyone is interested in picking up some spare parts, let me know :p

Crazy, neither of my edabs units have this jacket, from what i can tell. Given that i actually broke the rod on my first one, ive been able to get a pretty close look :bang:

Hoosier,

tylerj55

I spoke to the guy on ebay selling the metal rod version and he claims that it is a titanium rod and titanium nail.

tylerj55,

spookydookie710

I got a 510 enail off ebay for 80. I broke it the first week. Was pulling the glass tube off and the ceramic part got stuck and I pulled it off the base. The solders on the ceramic heater. Was pretty good though. I do suggest a dual 18650 mod. http://imgur.com/a/7dYGF

spookydookie710,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

tylerj55

I got a 510 enail off ebay for 80. I broke it the first week. Was pulling the glass tube off and the ceramic part got stuck and I pulled it off the base. The solders on the ceramic heater. Was pretty good though. I do suggest a dual 18650 mod. http://imgur.com/a/7dYGF

Yeah that is exactly what happened to me... Think some tube loob will help with that. Or just keeping alcohol wipes at all times lol.

tylerj55,

Hoosier

Yeah that is exactly what happened to me... Think some tube loob will help with that. Or just keeping alcohol wipes at all times lol.

I almost did the same thing with my second one from edabs. Noticed the top started to pull out from the base, and quickly aborted removing the glass and pushed it back in (maybe 1/16" of an inch. Later removed with a little more finesse.

Hoosier,

Prospector

I encountered this same problem when I first attempted to attach the glass bubbler. It was super stubborn at first but after pulsing my box mod with power a few times, the heat made an almost effortless install. Now, with or without heat, it goes on and off with no problems. Check your glass for spurs around the insert area (mine had a tiny one that I filed down) that might inhibit that.

Prospector,

Hoosier

I encountered this same problem when I first attempted to attach the glass bubbler. It was super stubborn at first but after pulsing my box mod with power a few times, the heat made an almost effortless install. Now, with or without heat, it goes on and off with no problems. Check your glass for spurs around the insert area (mine had a tiny one that I filed down) that might inhibit that.

have you tried pulling the bottom pin down a bit? i know that has fixed no atomizer found errors for me on occasion in the past with other devices.

Hoosier,

tepictoton

Any links to the 510version with both ceramic and titanium nail( without the teflon?). Having a really hard time finding anything with google...maybe I missed it here?

tepictoton,
Top Bottom