New Portable H Enail with built in glass bubbler by Green Light Vapes

Prospector

Reading over the last few pages, is there a consensuses on a preferred nail attachment brand or build? What to look for and what to stay away from?

Trying to determine if the 510 nail attachment from EDabsDirect.com (here) for $57 is the same as one, say off DHGate for the same price (example)

Seems EDabsDirect includes both a Ti and a Ceramic nail while DHGate sellers include a case and battery (case is a nice touch though the battery is unnecessary).

Also take into account shipping time, etc.

Prospector,
Reactions: Hoosier

tylerj55

Reading over the last few pages, is there a consensuses on a preferred nail attachment brand or build? What to look for and what to stay away from?

Trying to determine if the 510 nail attachment from EDabsDirect.com (here) for $57 is the same as one, say off DHGate for the same price (example)

Seems EDabsDirect includes both a Ti and a Ceramic nail while DHGate sellers include a case and battery (case is a nice touch though the battery is unnecessary).

From what I understand, the DHGate ones are still using PTFE so I would not get one of them. The one from edabsdirect looks similar to the G9 one I have, but the base looks different. I am loving mine from G9 now that I got it all figured out, and this is almost half the price. I'd say go for the edabsdirect one, but I also don't mind being a guinea pig... Hahah

*edit- re-read your post, missed the dhgate link somehow lol. I would still say the edabsdirect is probably the way to go, because I think the 510 attachment hits harder since you can keep it constantly running, unlike the other model. just my 2 cents though.

The one you listed from dhgate is the Henail. Its posted by its own battery. The one from edabsdirect is the newer 510nail which you need a mod to power.

Hoosier

Damn, I just ordered a 510nail yesterday, and now edabsdirect has one for $50 less today? Don't pull, the trigger, don't pull the trigger. F it, I just pulled the trigger. Between this one, the 510nail, and the source nail I have on order, I'm gonna need more wax for "research purposes"

Prospector

From what I understand, the DHGate ones are still using PTFE so I would not get one of them. The one from edabsdirect looks similar to the G9 one I have, but the base looks different. I am loving mine from G9 now that I got it all figured out, and this is almost half the price. I'd say go for the edabsdirect one, but I also don't mind being a guinea pig... Hahah

*edit- re-read your post, missed the dhgate link somehow lol. I would still say the edabsdirect is probably the way to go, because I think the 510 attachment hits harder since you can keep it constantly running, unlike the other model. just my 2 cents though.

Thanks much. Seems people gravitate to the ceramic nails over the titanium ones. Concerning heating elements and 'plates', is there a more preferred one? Looks as if the 'upgrade' versions of nails have an altered center pin ring and a nail with a threaded base instead of a pin.

The one you listed from dhgate is the Henail. Its posted by its own battery. The one from edabsdirect is the newer 510nail which you need a mod to power.

Yeah I assumed you could just unscrew the top piece from the battery and place it on any 510 box mod. Does the 'H' in 'H-Enail' designate a non-removable battery unit?

Damn, I just ordered a 510nail yesterday, and now edabsdirect has one for $50 less today? Don't pull, the trigger, don't pull the trigger. F it, I just pulled the trigger. Between this one, the 510nail, and the source nail I have on order, I'm gonna need more wax for "research purposes"

Have you compared the G9 510Nail to any competitors (non-branded or otherwise)?

Prospector,

jay87

Apparently the Source enail kit will be coming with a quartz carb cap.

This is the one they currently sell so I'd imagine this will be the one that works for the enail.
PZvX2rx.jpg

It may be worth it to get a spare metal carb cap because I know personally I've had a few bad experiences with broken glass pieces over the years. :bang:

Hoosier

Thanks much. Seems people gravitate to the ceramic nails over the titanium ones. Concerning heating elements and 'plates', is there a more preferred one? Looks as if the 'upgrade' versions of nails have an altered center pin ring and a nail with a threaded base instead of a pin.

Yeah I assumed you could just unscrew the top piece from the battery and place it on any 510 box mod. Does the 'H' in 'H-Enail' designate a non-removable battery unit?

Have you compared the G9 510Nail to any competitors (non-branded or otherwise)?

quick timeline for you:

November- greenlight releases h-enail v 2.0 portable (also released as dabado, dr dabber boost) this version can on,y be used as a complete kit with supplied battery

February- h-enail pro is released, which replaced the Teflon nail based with ceramic, and started using screw in nails. This version also only works as complete kit with supplied battery

April- 510 dab atomizer versions released

Prospector

quick timeline for you:

November- greenlight releases h-enail v 2.0 portable (also released as dabado, dr dabber boost) this version can on,y be used as a complete kit with supplied battery

February- h-enail pro is released, which replaced the Teflon nail based with ceramic, and started using screw in nails. This version also only works as complete kit with supplied battery

April- 510 dab atomizer versions released

Good to know. My original plans were to build my own dabbing coils for a box mod but it seems I've found that (with water filtration) in these portable enails.

Hoosier

Just got the edabsdirect 510mod rig in today and it is awesome! so far, I like it way better than either of the henails. I'm low on goods at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if I blow through everything I've got tonight playing with this.

Oh yeah, I still haven't received any shipping info or anything for the greenlight 510nail I ordered last weekend. Might just cancel that one.

Prospector

Just got the edabsdirect 510mod rig in today and it is awesome! so far, I like it way better than either of the henails. I'm low on goods at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if I blow through everything I've got tonight playing with this.

Oh yeah, I still haven't received any shipping info or anything for the greenlight 510nail I ordered last weekend. Might just cancel that one.

Good to hear! Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow.

Hoosier

eVic VTC Mini with some Panasonic NCR18650B

im using a cuboid, which i also just got. nice combo. after using the henail for the last 6 months, this type of control is amazing. I put on the ceramic nail and havent thought about the ti. I have taken some dabs that would be way too big for my upgraded henail with zero.0 issues. I might be a few too many beers(greenbush dunegrass)/dabs into the night, but I can't recommend this device high-ly enough!

zikzak

I know settings can vary mod to mod but mind sharing what you're liking best so far? I'm guessing it's pure wattage mode, as temp control ability someday (w a consistent temp setting control like dnail PIDs) would be the Cat's meow. Ive seen a few guys talking about their experiences running plug in dnails off $300 battery packs from Amazon with some success. This 510 enail subverts that multi component 'setup' and provides efficiency. True Temp control wd bring this on par w a dnail's precision for dabbing.

Hoosier

I know settings can vary mod to mod but mind sharing what you're liking best so far? I'm guessing it's pure wattage mode, as temp control ability someday (w a consistent temp setting control like dnail PIDs) would be the Cat's meow. Ive seen a few guys talking about their experiences running plug in dnails off $300 battery packs from Amazon with some success. This 510 enail subverts that multi component 'setup' and provides efficiency. True Temp control wd bring this on par w a dnail's precision for dabbing.

Yes, only tried running it in variable wattage mode so far. it doesn't take any where near as long to heat up. Far more consistent dab temp control by pulsing the button. And I am really liking the ceramic nail.

Prospector

Yes, only tried running it in variable wattage mode so far. it doesn't take any where near as long to heat up. Far more consistent dab temp control by pulsing the button. And I am really liking the ceramic nail.

I'm wondering how to begin learning this 510 attachment from EDabsDirect. I've used my eVic Mini for a few disposable THC cartridges, so I have a general knowledge of how the box performs and its settings, but not on something that requires more power. What wattage/draw/pulse tips do you recommend?

Prospector,

Hoosier

I'm wondering how to begin learning this 510 attachment from EDabsDirect. I've used my eVic Mini for a few disposable THC cartridges, so I have a general knowledge of how the box performs and its settings, but not on something that requires more power. What wattage/draw/pulse tips do you recommend?

Well, unfortunately, I just learned a very important lesson. Don't accidently jolt it with 150w while screwing around with TC mode. Just a s second of accidental power and a pop, followed by no atomizer found warning. Took off the nail and the ceramic heating element (ceramic rod) had cracked in half. No Bueno.

Prospector

Well, unfortunately, I just learned a very important lesson. Don't accidently jolt it with 150w while screwing around with TC mode. Just a s second of accidental power and a pop, followed by no atomizer found warning. Took off the nail and the ceramic heating element (ceramic rod) had cracked in half. No Bueno.

Rut roh. Do you usually use TC or VW and what were your last best settings (before the mishap)? I have some snap n' pull that I'd love to taste today.

Prospector,

tylerj55

@Hoosier Damn man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you didn't cancel the 510 from greenlight. Try e-mailing them, I had to e-mail them and open a paypal dispute to get them to ship it out lol.

@Prospector I have been using TC again and have to say I was wrong before... TC works well, and I am now in the process of looking for a mod with a higher cut off time.

Hoosier

@Hoosier Damn man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you didn't cancel the 510 from greenlight. Try e-mailing them, I had to e-mail them and open a paypal dispute to get them to ship it out lol.

@Prospector I have been using TC again and have to say I was wrong before... TC works well, and I am now in the process of looking for a mod with a higher cut off time.

What TC settings are you using?

Hoosier

Rut roh. Do you usually use TC or VW and what were your last best settings (before the mishap)? I have some snap n' pull that I'd love to taste today.
I was really liking 65w last night. I was just fumbling thru the TC setup when I completely spaced the wattage settings, and default was 150w

Prospector

Well, those Panasonics I just mentioned are certainly not rated high enough for this. Had to go out and buy a 20a constant from a local shop for a pretty penny.

Prospector

Learning to use this 510enail has been fun and interesting, but so far so good. I've already produced a hairline crack on my ceramic nail though (sweet!). How do I determine when I should let off the power?

Prospector,
Top Bottom