new PHO... ??

Team Zissou

did you get the dynamite?
first off, i'd like to say thank you for this site!
i've been lurking awhile now, soaking it all in...
my roomie turned me on to this place, and its awesome!

so, has anybody else seen propane honey oil at their access points?
totally new to me, but did some research and if im correct, it seems as though its "safer" to smoke/dab/vape than BHO.
does anyone have any imput on this??
it says on label that it is made with medical grade propane,
then ethanol washed, and triple filtered.
it is a seemingly thicker consistancy oil, but stays liqiud, and is dark brown.
i've only seen it in prefilled carts, trying to see if they can get syringes instead.
btw, its crazy potent, but i dont know how much that has to do with the solvent.

the company also made CO2 oil, and BHO/PHO mix, they claimed that the BHO/PHO had a wider range of thc, cbd, cbc because of combining the 2 together, is that true??

Team Zissou,

fidget

Spam spam spam spam spaaaaam

Modnote: Coming into a thread and accusing someone of being a spammer falls into the 'not nice' and obviously 'non productive' category. If you believe a post/individual to be not genuine, then use the report feature. Dont clutter the thread with empty posting.

fidget,

Team Zissou

did you get the dynamite?
whats spam??? i am trying to find out more about this stuff for my friend who owns the dispensory.
he grabbed a few from the rep to try and i want to know more before i go crazy on this stuff.
this seemed like the best place to ask questions. if i should remove the name of the company or collective, thats fine, im happy to do so.

i just re-read the rules, and and it doesnt say anything about not posting the names of products purchased or where i purchased them, which does seem like pertinant information...
and im pretty sure i've seen this many times in other threads.
please correct me if im wrong, but i deleted the info anyway, just in case.

and please dont derail my thread, i am just being thorough, and seriously just want to know more about PHO, please. :)

Team Zissou,

fidget

Haven't you edited your post massively?
It no longer reads like an advert.

fidget,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
There is no such thing as "medical grade propane". Someone is just trying to steal your cash friend. And they don't have "CO2" either. And why "wash" an already properly made essential oil? And how do they get high cbd vs low oil? It's NOT a process issue, it's a strain issue.

If they were selling swampland in Florida, I'd say go for it. All others: Caveat.

Rule of thumb: If they have a long, crazy un-scientific list of why they are better, they aren't.

I'm glad you removed the ad for your collective.... oh, it's your home page now. Now I'm really taken aback when a club owner hypes what could be a poison. That scares me.

Fully Melted,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
There is no such thing as "medical grade propane". Someone is just trying to steal your cash friend. And they don't have "CO2" either. And why "wash" an already properly made essential oil? And how do they get high cbd vs low oil? It's NOT a process issue, it's a strain issue.

If they were selling swampland in Florida, I'd say go for it. All others: Caveat.

Rule of thumb: If they have a long, crazy un-scientific list of why they are better, they aren't.

I'm glad you removed the ad for your collective.... oh, it's your home page now. Now I'm really taken aback when a club owner hypes what could be a poison. That scares me.

I think some of your comments are made in ignorance, and would suggest doing some more research next time before you reply to a subject your not very knowledgable about.

1. you would wash a concrete essential oil in ethanol to remove parrafins and cellulose left over from extracting to yield an absolute after washing that's a purer product.

2. Why would they not have CO2 oil just because it's expensive to setup doesn't mean it doesn't exsist

3. The THC/CBD ratio very well could be a process issue in part. Some solvents are better at extracting certain cannabinoid profiles not a huge difference but it's there I can't speak on propane specifically though.

4. Canned butane contains some propane in the form of isopropane that is probabaly the medical grade they are speaking about pure isopropane should be a fine extractor and from what I understand once fully evapped of is totally harmless. Remember all those BHO runs with vector that people do already contain isopropane. I would have to check the msds but I think it's like almost 10% by vol.

5. While I partially agree with your statement about long scientific processes being a hoax in some cases. that doesn't mean they all are. There are some people who take pride in making good medicine. I know some folks that make bho who do vacuum purges, ethanol washes, winterizes to remove left over plant waxes, etc. Check the thread on d-limonene some people are using d-lim as a secondary co solvent to percipitate out more impurities in their final product.

Not trying to come off like a dick but I hate to see mis information spread.

mod note: Deal with the content. No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member.

Puffers,

Fully Melted

The rule is: Be nice. No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Be nice to newbies.
Ignorance, no, not mine. Brevity, yes.

It's always funny when someone jumps in to attempt to teach but knows not the credentials of the teacher. (or that they are using "pot internet science" instead of science) Basically your assumptions about butane are just wrong and based on speculation. You admit this. You also mention "affinity" for polarity of solvents (but you don't seem to know the actual term for it) hmm.

"2. Why would they not have CO2 oil just because it's expensive to setup doesn't mean it doesn't exsist"

I never said it didn't. I said the collective in question doesn't. Reading is still fundemental. Especially if you trying to ACT as if you know something you don't.

You are mind reading the OP and replying to me your guesswork? Are you kidding? I didn't even mention half the items you did, were you trying "puffer-y" by putting down a few poorly understood off topic things to try to look "cool"? I don't think it worked.

As far as "Not trying to come off like a dick but I hate to see mis information spread." you might want to revisit that issue as I see the mis info, ignorance and puffery coning not from myself.

I find it amusing that you don't want me to spread mis info but you are spreading your guesswork? That's humorous. You don't even have a clue as to what this thread is about.... amazing.

Maybe next time try turning off the "don't want to be a dick but" switch before replying?

Fully Melted,

StickyShisha2

i remember a study of African breadfruit seed oil and its nutritional content after extraction with isopropanol, Hexane and butanol, as part of my nutritionist studies.

StickyShisha2,

weedemon

enthusiast
doesn't propane have a chemical added to it to give it that smell for safety reasons? that would have to come out! is that able to be removed during the extraction or purging process? interesting idea. I think it would totally work anyways.

weedemon,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
doesn't propane have a chemical added to it to give it that smell for safety reasons? that would have to come out! is that able to be removed during the extraction or purging process? interesting idea. I think it would totally work anyways.

Yeah ethyl mercaptan is the odorant used in tanked propane for a barbecue, but they make pure propane that's used a refrigerant (r-290) in some applications.

Puffers,

HATEBUNNY

Greetings to All ! I only signed up here to comment on this thread after seeing crazy misinformation about my baby. I am the one making the PHO your talking about. To my knowledge I am the only one in the state doing it and one of only a hand full in the country using chemically pure propane to create dank oil for severally ill patients. I have put my blood, sweat and tears into making a power full alternative to BHO and RSO. Unlike BHO you can eat small amounts of PHO with great effect and unlike RSO you can dab the hell out of it....smooth, strong and burns clean. Anyone medical patients in the Seattle area that have questions about Propane Hash Oil feel free to send me a pm.....Everyone doubts it until they take a dab !!!

Mod note: All manufacturers and retailers must contact vtac for account approval prior to posting. There is a contact link at the bottom of the rules page here.

HATEBUNNY,
Reactions: weedemon

bfg1016

I just got hired on to a company that makes and sells bho and pho. based on the little i've learned after my first interview pho can be better becuase you can eat it unlike bho.

honestly i'm sure there's more reasons. isn't propane cheaper than butane.

it also seems that the term "medical grade" is just as loose of a term as "all natural" or "organic" was back in 2008. with propane and butane, i'm assuming its the substance without any extra stuff. one would hope and assume the propane and butane is cleaned and whatnot.

sorry, very new to the not-flower medicine world and still learning.

bfg1016,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I just got hired on to a company that makes and sells bho and pho. based on the little i've learned after my first interview pho can be better becuase you can eat it unlike bho.

honestly i'm sure there's more reasons. isn't propane cheaper than butane.

it also seems that the term "medical grade" is just as loose of a term as "all natural" or "organic" was back in 2008. with propane and butane, i'm assuming its the substance without any extra stuff. one would hope and assume the propane and butane is cleaned and whatnot.

sorry, very new to the not-flower medicine world and still learning.

I am confused as to why pho can be consumed but you say bho cant be. Is the propane solvent in a super critical state during extraction? This would yield a decarbolaxated product. That being said bho can be eaten it just needs to be decarb'ed before or after the extraction process.

Puffers,

Fully Melted

Solvent extractions never are in a "super-critical" state. They never reach that state as the pressures involved in gas extractions are too low.

Often people "borrow" a term, in this case from supercritical CO2 extractions (SFE's) and mistakenly apply it to another process.
It requires at least 75 times atmospheric pressure (1000+ PSI) and up to 700 times atmospheric pressure (10,000 PSI) to cause a supercritical phase change in oil extracts from cannabis. That takes special pumps, coolers and pressures several hundred times what is found in a home gas extraction. i.e. propane, butane and refrigerants etc.

Usually fuel grade propane is used in clandestine labs that steal the tanks from forklifts and gas stations. It's the gas of last resort due it can't be tracked - traced like big orders of cans of butane can. That why people use "cheap and dirty fuel grade" propane. Butane is better suited chemically to the type of extracts as far as it's "extracting power" (affinity and polarity) in a straight "spray n pray" BHO tube style extraction.

I'd worry more about what is on the cannabis to be extracted to eat than the butane or propane used to extract it.

Fully Melted,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I'd worry more about what is on the cannabis to be extracted to eat than the butane or propane used to extract it.

You have a valid point. You are making a concentrate... so if they used any bad pesticides or anything questionable that could be concentrated down as well.

Slightly Medicated,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Solvent extractions never are in a "super-critical" state. They never reach that state as the pressures involved in gas extractions are too low.

Often people "borrow" a term, in this case from supercritical CO2 extractions (SFE's) and mistakenly apply it to another process.
It requires at least 75 times atmospheric pressure (1000+ PSI) and up to 700 times atmospheric pressure (10,000 PSI) to cause a supercritical phase change in oil extracts from cannabis. That takes special pumps, coolers and pressures several hundred times what is found in a home gas extraction. i.e. propane, butane and refrigerants etc.

Usually fuel grade propane is used in clandestine labs that steal the tanks from forklifts and gas stations. It's the gas of last resort due it can't be tracked - traced like big orders of cans of butane can. That why people use "cheap and dirty fuel grade" propane. Butane is better suited chemically to the type of extracts as far as it's "extracting power" (affinity and polarity) in a straight "spray n pray" BHO tube style extraction.

Ya I didn't think it was, because the heat and pressure would have caused this solvent to evaporate. I was just wondering because they said you could eat it.... So they are just decarbing before or after extraction then claiming it's better then bho because you can eat it?........ That's not misleading to patients.

Puffers,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
There was some PHO edibles and concentrates at the Cannabis Cup. I tried out some of the PHO edibles. I think I had 4 pieces total... which were really 2 since they were cut in half. I did not feel anything. I almost purchases some PHO to "dab" but I was so unimpressed with the chews that I decided I would skip it. Maybe is was because it was in edible form, and I generally don't have very good results with edibles.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I just meant that any hash can be active for an edible it just needs decarbing first. Saying pho is superior to other hash because its can be eaten, when all they did was decarb it. Is misleading to patients imo.

Ya i am the same way SliM. I eat like 8 doses and then when they kick in go and grab the vape to "top me off ". OTOH one time i had a bubble hash edible i dont know how many doses it was or if i got a whole bunch of extra hash in mine or what but that thing rocked me. I was pretty medicated for about 18hrs and could still feel it 24 hrs after initial onset. I have eaten 12 doses and got no where near the same effects.

Top Bottom