• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

New member. Looking for PV tank suggestions (concentrates)

JNW

Hey, I just signed up after searching the site for a while and doing a few weeks of Google searches and I'm looking for some suggestions regarding tanks/atomizers for concentrates (not dry herb).

I currently vape e liquid and have quite a bit of experience with that as well as a few different devices. I have a few eGo styled pens from when I started that for some reason I held onto. I have a mech that takes a single 18650 battery with various batteries from 20 amps up to 35 amps. I have an Itaste VV.3 thats variable volts and watts and I also have a Cana DNA 30 box that ranges from 7 watts up to 30 watts.

I would like to use one of which ever device best fits rather than buying an all in one PV so I have been looking around at some 510 attachments but I dont really get much good info through Google searches. Mostly all loose reviews without much to offer (probably with people already in the know in mind) so I figured I would join and get some one on one with some experienced members of a good community. I see a lot on globes and cartomizer style add ons. Cartos would be a candidate if its a must but globes are out of the question as I need it for some responsible stealth vaping. Not using it in public, just around the house, and I dont want it to catch someones eye if they stumble upon it if you know what I mean. That being said I do have kids or else I would just buy a tried and true average sized vaporizer. Something that blends in well with my current devices and such. So yeah, Cartos would work, but I never really cared for them much. I have some Pro Tanks and other Kanger Tanks and like how tanks like the Clouper tank is styled similarly to a Protank. Thoughts on those? VHit or Canastick styled on the same premise maybe? Not sure on the quality or practicality so I simply ask your opinions.

Also I wanted to ask you guys how you think a set up in an RDA sounds for concentrates. I seen some here and there but they really looked like they could use some basic improvements. I was thinking of twisting up and wrapping a high ohm wickless coil on a 1/8th bit in one of my RDA's and using it on one of my regulated devices. The higher ohms would start me off cool and give me ample head room to work my way up in watts before getting too hot allowing me to find that sweet spot. The diameter of the coil sounds to me like it would be good to dab a dab directly into the ID of the coil and it being wickless would allow melt off to get caught up in the coil so it doesnt make a mess and force me to either clean it off reguarly or seek out reclaim when desperate. It also sounds to be more efficient as it would most likely vape off any melt before it even hits the deck. I was also going to bore out my air holes to help keep it cool as well as to ensure I'm not totally burning my concentrates.

Thing is, I am not sure if it would just fry it all even at a lower temp or not being in contact with the coil since convection seems to be the ideal way to do it.

Thanks in advance and sorry for a somewhat long winded first post.

Last edited:
JNW,
Reactions: 215z

215z

I have not had any good experiences going wickless. Gets me high in a pinch but with terrible taste and efficiency. Cartos and protanks are garbage, despite their holy place in nic' vaping history. Simple Q - what are you using now to vape ejuice with?

215z,

JNW

See I have to totally and honestly disagree. I did my run since I was getting no reply and it turned out great. I made a wickless tidal wire at .7 ohms on a Plume Vail and it tasted awesome! Just like with e liquid I got to the point where I noticed the slightest bit of flavor muting due to wicks and this was no different. Tasted exactly like the dankest smelling bud I have ever had. I then made a .7 twisted 28 gauge to clapton with a cotton wick and one of my aging tinctures and it was good, but still not near as good. I do have 1 more week on it though till it hits 2 months old so who knows.

I have a iGo-w4 which I still enjoy because its a flavor machine, a Darkhorse, a Freakshow and a Plume Vail. I use them on my DIYed Cana DNA 30. Then I have my PT2 and some MT3Ses and I might get a RDTA for my tinctures since they can do VG with clearomizer like convenience later today but I am undecided. The Yocan W4 RDA looks interesting too.

JNW,

215z

I would be very grateful for a photograph of your Plume Veil deck with your coil built on it. Thank you!

215z,
Top Bottom