New inhale technique

stinac

Did anybody try to inhale trough nose?
I try that with HerbalAire balloon, it is refreshing and great!

Can i have health issue with this technique?

stinac,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
There was a user, I forget his name, that was using the Extreme with a jury rigged inhaler and just wore it like a mask, inhaling through his nose. He said it worked good.

Tom

tdavie,

ttomo

haha, funny, - ya, i do "nose hits" with my vapro and my iolite. i also get waaaaay bigger rips with my nose and iolite than i do with my mouth.

friend once told me how sensitive the receptors / linings are in nose, so that made me curious. the thing i like best is the lingering smell.

its not for sharing, but i like it for solo :D

ttomo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I automatically want to just make some smart ass comments about other holes that you could inhale through........:lol:

the ob,

steiner666

Serial vapist
i like exhaling vapor out my nose if its one of the first few fresh tasting/smelling hits, but i've never inhaled any up it... just doesnt sound too appealing shoving my ssv moutpiece in my nose and then using it normally later on :lol:

i have wondered if theres any benefit to passing the vapor through your nose, one way or the other. like if more stuff gets absorbed or whatever. probably not i'm guessing...

steiner666,

ttomo

steiner666 said:
i have wondered if theres any benefit to passing the vapor through your nose, one way or the other. like if more stuff gets absorbed or whatever. probably not i'm guessing...
im thinking yes - many breathing exercises start with breathing in through the nose

ttomo,

caseball2051

i think itd help, but id never do it.

new places to absorb that are for the most part untapped. Ill exhale my first MZ hit out my nose, but nose hits are too hardcore for me.

caseball2051,

VapConcept

stinac said:
Can i have health issue with this technique?
I've been wondering the same thing. I've inhaled with my nose several times before and here are my only bad encounters:

- A short time of constant sneezing
- Nasal congestion, but sometimes the vapor feels as if it opens up my nasal passageway.
- Dry sinuses. It may dry up your sinuses to where you won't tolerate any more vapor inhalation through your nose for the rest of the day/night.

VapConcept,

lepstadder

Some kids i once knew would do

"boats to the nose"

one person would provide a "shotgun" from a blunt while the recipient would hold thier hands together like a "boat" to focus the smoke into their nose

silly if you ask me

lepstadder,

JagerPuck

David
I occasionally inhale through my nose w/ DBV. It doesnt really cause too much irritation, maybe a little tingling, and there really isn't a significant difference between mouth/nose.

JagerPuck,

SleepyHead

When my nose is somewhat clogged up I like to exhale through my nose because I find it makes it temporarily runny and clears it for a bit. Never thought about inhaling through it though. :p

SleepyHead,

studmuffin

I am a recent visitor on this site, and I enjoy reading the wide variety of posts. I am particularly amused by the rampant misconceptions regarding herbal imbibing. As a medical professional, I would like to offer an inhalation technique for effective ingestion. I will endeavor to minimize the "nice to know" from the "need to know" details. Forthwith, . . . A long and steady draw, filling the lungs from bottom to top, consciously using the diaphragm, is most effective. Prior to reaching capacity, inhale your last 20%, or so, of lung capacity, with fresh air. Your body is programmed to react to the level of CO 2 in your bloodstream. By mixing some fresh air with a vapor hit, you should be able to retain the vapor in your lungs for a longer amount of time, thus maximizing the interface time between the active ingredient in the vapor with the 700 million or so alveoli in your lungs, which is where the assimilation occurs on a cellular basis with each heartbeat. After 10 or so seconds of holding the vapor/air mix in your lungs, exhale a small amount slowly for 3 seconds, then inhale more fresh air, then exhale a bit again, then exhale a bit, then inhale a bit, etcetera, until after a short while you have expelled the entire "hit". This is the most efficient technique, from a physiological perspective. I hope that this makes sense. Vape on !

studmuffin,

gim

studmuffin said:
I am a recent visitor on this site, and I enjoy reading the wide variety of posts. I am particularly amused by the rampant misconceptions regarding herbal imbibing. As a medical professional, I would like to offer an inhalation technique for effective ingestion. I will endeavor to minimize the "nice to know" from the "need to know" details. Forthwith, . . . A long and steady draw, filling the lungs from bottom to top, consciously using the diaphragm, is most effective. Prior to reaching capacity, inhale your last 20%, or so, of lung capacity, with fresh air. Your body is programmed to react to the level of CO 2 in your bloodstream. By mixing some fresh air with a vapor hit, you should be able to retain the vapor in your lungs for a longer amount of time, thus maximizing the interface time between the active ingredient in the vapor with the 700 million or so alveoli in your lungs, which is where the assimilation occurs on a cellular basis with each heartbeat. After 10 or so seconds of holding the vapor/air mix in your lungs, exhale a small amount slowly for 3 seconds, then inhale more fresh air, then exhale a bit again, then exhale a bit, then inhale a bit, etcetera, until after a short while you have expelled the entire "hit". This is the most efficient technique, from a physiological perspective. I hope that this makes sense. Vape on !
I had read this on another site years ago and practiced it since. When combusting I would focus on inhaling 'from the gut'(diaphragm) and then take about 1/4 fresh air at the end. Exhale until I saw smoke, then inhale to fill lungs again.

gim,

Furiouslyfapping

studmuffin said:
This is what I do with my MFLB. It definitely works a lot better. I can feel a much more noticeable effect from taking hits with my box doing this rather than filling the lungs completely and blowing out shortly after due to shortness of breath.

Furiouslyfapping,

alevity

I generally just exhale through the nose so anything not absorbed by the lungs is picked up by the sinuses.

alevity,

sixthsensi

Vapor Rapor
@ Gim, Just tried that inhalation method you posted. Worked veery nicely. Also, I haven't tried snorting vapor.

sixthsensi,

abhs

studmuffin said:
damn. i wish i hadn't just vaped because i can't wait to try this out. oh well, that won't be very long from now =) thanks. i think that also, the hit need not be longer than about 30 seconds. that's what i guessed by comparing the published transfer rates of peptides vs peptide mass.

abhs,

VapMonkey

Tried the nose thing by hooking up a little mask ...now my nostrils are dry and sore.
will never try it again.
was easier to enhale large draws and I think cleared my sinuses a little, but it started to hurt a couple of minutes later.
not worth it in my opinion.

VapMonkey,

SleepyHead

I took my log vape and put the stem up to my nostril, blocked off my other nostril, and inhaled. I couldn't tell if I was hitting it or not, and if I was, it wasn't as much as I pull with a straight diaphragm draw. But I like blowing out my nose now and then it tingles my nose. Also I read a very interesting post on here about how you can get higher by exhaling through the nose, wish I remember where it was.

SleepyHead,

2clicker

Observer
SleepyHead said:
Also I read a very interesting post on here about how you can get higher by exhaling through the nose, wish I remember where it was.
take a look about 4 posts up

2clicker,

SleepyHead

2clicker said:
SleepyHead said:
Also I read a very interesting post on here about how you can get higher by exhaling through the nose, wish I remember where it was.
take a look about 4 posts up
Yea I didn't even realize I posted earlier in this thread, dumb me.
Just means my vape is working good haha. :lol:

SleepyHead,
Top Bottom