New Hampshire :(

snamuh

ghost
So... This is kind of insane...

NH killed decriminalization again for the 1000th time.

"Daniels compares the state's fight against heroin and Fentayl to a war. He says now would be the wrong time to convey a tolerant attitude towards marijuana.

"We didn't want to send a mixed message. We want to try to address the addiction problem but to lighten things on the other side, and not make it seem like a big deal is sending a mixed message.""

http://nhpr.org/post/nh-senate-nixes-marijuana-decriminalization

Not to mention you basically have to be dying + have other issues to get mmj in nh.

There has to be some dirty politics behind this... My conspiracy theory is that politicians are being paid off until the right time for some rich business man to get upper hand in nhs weed industry.

snamuh,

Gunky

Right now there is a big heroin scare. Some politicians are pandering to folks all freaked out about heroin overdoses. And while it's true there has been an uptick in heroin use, overdoses, etc., there has been a pretty big uptick in suicide in the US in general, especially among middle aged people. In my view the supposed heroin epidemic is just one form of that. Unfortunately whenever this happens you get a knee-jerk ban-all-drugs reaction. I submit that legalizing drugs, even heroin, would help save lives by taking the addiction these people are suffering from out of the shadows and giving them access to safer maintenance regimes, counseling, aid in kicking it, reduce petty theft and other crime associated with heroin addiction etc and just generally take a lot of the danger, disease, mortality, and crime out of it.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If all drugs were legal maybe addicts could get the help that they desperately need.

Heroin is on the rise because the addicts can no longer get the Oxy that the doctors were doling out like candy some few years back.

Also the addicts were smoking the pain pills believe it or not and they have since made them so they can't be smoked anymore.

Edit
I looked and New Hampshire has the referendum process. That's how the cannabis friendly folks can get our fav flower legal for you too. Get cannabis on the ballot so folks can vote. I haven't read about what your state has gone through regarding cannabis and making it legal for medical use.

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
Right now there is a big heroin scare. Some politicians are pandering to folks all freaked out about heroin overdoses. And while it's true there has been an uptick in heroin use, overdoses, etc., there has been a pretty big uptick in suicide in the US in general, especially among middle aged people. In my view the supposed heroin epidemic is just one form of that. Unfortunately whenever this happens you get a knee-jerk ban-all-drugs reaction. I submit that legalizing drugs, even heroin, would help save lives by taking the addiction these people are suffering from out of the shadows and giving them access to safer maintenance regimes, counseling, aid in kicking it, reduce petty theft and other crime associated with heroin addiction etc and just generally take a lot of the danger, mortality, and crime out of it.
No doubt.. The real issues stem at the lack of community and the the continuity of faulty traditional that makes people go crazy and feel helpless.

The real issue is beyond law. The issue is the lack of acceptance towards the reality of being a human. No laws will ever stop human nature.

I think suicides are due to people starting to realize that the structure of the world truely has a dirty side to it and that dirty side is laced into the infrastructure that people in the past thought they could depend on.

People need to start being good people instead of fucking around with laws to "cure" things.

/crazy rant

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
If all drugs were legal maybe addicts could get the help that they desperately need.

Heh, interesting. What is the potential correlation between legalization and treatment?

Maitri,
Top Bottom