Neighbor got a rooster and it chased me down the street

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Lived in Michigan my whole life. Hunted, hiked, and camped most of my life. I have encountered bear and coyote while hiking. I have heard the howls of wolf while remote camping.

I can't imagine being scared of a damm rooster. I guess there is the fact i wouldn't want to stomp and kill my neighbors rooster but damn! Show that rooster who is boss next time. I got you over that rooster any day. Humans rule, roosters are fucking birds. Jump on that fucker and grab him around the neck so he don't bite you if you have no other choice. I got faith in you.

You got any dog or cat friends that might have your back if shit pops off again?

Don't let this rooster push you around and take your lunch money.

I would imagine demeanour and confidence are paramount. Bring your swagger dude!

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I can't imagine being scared of a damm rooster.

What if it had mad rooster disease, you had one hand tied behind your back and your shoelaces tied together?

I would imagine demeanour and confidence are paramount. Bring your swagger dude!

Also what if the rooster was attacking your swagger by mocking the size of your nuggets?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I grew up on a farm, we had about 50 hens and one rooster. At 5 years old, one of my chores was to collect eggs every morning. 5 yo me was small; the rooster was huge and scary AF. My parents gave me same advice @howie105, it's solid. But in the dark with a lantern and basket, at 5? Confident and disinterested weren't yet in my wheelhouse. Roosters (AKA cockerels) are dicks. Can't imagine having 2 together.

Loads of people in our village have them, in the summer when the sun comes up at 3:30 am, it's like a bloody competition for loudest cockerel. I was also physically intimidated by a gander as a child, geese are almost universally nasty. In fact, geese are the meanest export the well-loved & well-mannered Canada has. Since living in England I've learned that swans are mostly ill-tempered also. This sounds like I hate birds lol, but I really like ducks. They're quite comical and thanks to the French, I've discovered quite tasty!
In closing, farm birds=bad. This thread is all kinds of good, @2 Cycle thanks for sharing your very scary experience. I obviously needed to share my childhood trauma as well lol! Good times everyone

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I used to live UK west. A small but modern top floor flat in a group of nine right next to a pond.

We had the same two swans every year fly in around autumn (fall for you yanks) and out again half way through Christmas.

I found it hilarious how they would keep the moorhens in check. We could just chuck bread out of the window any time we were bored and enjoy the carnage.

I guess the moral of my story is, swans aren't so bad, if you're three floors up and not a moorhen. :D

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
When I first moved out to the country, I was gifted two stunningly beautiful roosters. They stood proud with their iridescent tail feathers glistening under the sun as they strutted their stuff. I was besotted.

All was well for the first few days. I loved watching them pecking around the forest edge. It was a total Disney fantasy scene from Snow White.

Around the third day in, as I went out to feed them, the jumped down off a rock they were on and took a run at me. They jumped up, flapping their wings and struck me with their feet. Their spurs were razor sharp and it took me a second to realize that I had been stabbed. They backed up and took another run at me. Rather than stand still I advanced towards them. Again they struck me, bing bam with their feet. I tried backing up but they attacked again. Finally I yelled at them, waved my arms and with that they stopped cold and resumed pecking idilly at the ground. Back to the Disney picture.

I had sustained 11 1" deep puncture wounds to my calves. They cleaned me up at the hospital and gave me a tetanus shot.

The next day, the roosters caught and killed something in the forest.

Then they started stalking me in my house. They would watch me through my windows and would come to the window or patio door of the room I was in and bang on the glass. Hard. It was like something out of Hitchcocks, The Birds.

I ended up making soup.

But here's the creepy thing. Immediately after killing one rooster, the other one ran up to the dead one and began violently attacking it like something possessed by the devil.

Some roosters are crazy and I learned that two together is a bad bad combination. It was my first failure at animal husbandry.

My neighbours rooster is as docile and friendly as a puppy. He keeps his hens together, is affectionate towards humans and is a great watch dog.

I wasn't sure if I should like this nightmare or not @Squiby. It's a great story, but horrific imagining being essentially stabbed repeatedly by 2 roosters. That sounds like some Stephen King shit! BUT I really like you, you're nice, great posts, you are the patron saint and information centre of Dynavap. How can I like this post?! Oh well, *click* ;)

Just really really glad you survived to tell the tale! Bet you've got a few good adventure stories. :tup:

Top Bottom