Negative health effects of Cannabis?

rabican

I'm curious of any known negative health effects of weed? I know it doesn't kill brain cells, but does it hurt your memory in other ways (long term? short term?)

Does it have any negative effects on the lungs?

...If i was to vap every since day would it hurt my brain or body in any way!?

Iv been smoking for about 11 years, and vaping for about a month (if that) so I'm not new to weed, but I'm unclear if it has been hurting my brain or body in any way...

Thanks guys.

rabican,
The comedian who made the movie "Super High Me" took an SAT test after 30 days of abstaining, then again after 30 days of non-stop consuming (vape and combust). His score actually went up. So did his sperm count. The only thing that decreased was lung capacity (by 3% or so).

Short term memory took a small hit, but his doctor said he could see no health problems whatsoever.

That is also the general consensus of many extremely important and learned medical people.

Howie Feltersnatch,

rabican

Thanks Howie Feltersnatch, very interesting! I haven't seen that documentary yet because a friend of mine said it wasn't any good...i might have to check it out, sounds cool.

rabican,

rabican

National Geographic - Marijuana Nation says that long term use has been linked to poor school/job performance, respiratory problems, memory loss, and depression. Any truth to this?

rabican,
"Super High Me" and "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High" are both available on DVD and streaming on NetFlix. The second one has basically the same info but it is not a comedy-tinged production like the first one.

I literally LOLed quite a bit while watching Super High Me. The other one just pissed me off more how screwed up our system is.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Derf

Personally, I think it affects motivation. To be clear, it DECREASES motivation. Also, from personal experience, it affects short term memory - mostly the creation of new memories, but also the recollection of new memories. I think I read a study that said even 24 hours after smoking marijuana, against a control group, people who had smoked performed more poorly in IQ tests and problem-solving tests. Some other studies I've read drew questionable results. There is a lot of mis-information out there, obviously to help cultivate the fear of marijuana and endorse the war on drugs and include marijuana in said war.

A quick look to google and this turned up:

Short-Term Effects
The short-term effects of marijuana include:
- Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)
- Problems with memory and learning
- Loss of coordination
- Trouble with thinking and problem-solving
- Increased heart rate, reduced blood pressure

Sometimes marijuana use can also produce anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic.

Effects on the Brain
When high doses of marijuana are used, usually when eaten in food rather than smoked, users can experience the following symptoms:

Impaired memory
Disorientation

Effects on the Heart
Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the heart begins beating more rapidly and the blood pressure drops. Marijuana can cause the heart beat to increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and can increase even more if other drugs are used at the same time.

Effects on the Lungs
Smoking marijuana, even infrequently, can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, and cause heavy coughing. Scientists have found that regular marijuana smokers can experience the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers do, including:

Daily cough and phlegm production
More frequent acute chest illnesses
Increased risk of lung infections
Obstructed airways

Other Health Effects
Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors.

Effects of Exposure During Pregnancy
Several studies have found that children born to mothers who used marijuana during pregnancy exhibit some problems with neurological development. According to those studies, prenatal marijuana exposure can cause:

Altered responses to visual stimuli
Increased tremulousness
Problems with sustained attention and memory
Poor problem-solving skills

------ BUT Also ------

"Tetrahydrocannabinol is a very safe drug. Laboratory animals (rats, mice, dogs, monkeys) can tolerate doses of up to 1,000 mg/kg (milligrams per kilogram). This would be equivalent to a 70 kg person swallowing 70 grams of the drug -- about 5,000 times more than is required to produce a high. Despite the widespread illicit use of cannabis there are very few if any instances of people dying from an overdose. In Britain, official government statistics listed five deaths from cannabis in the period 1993-1995 but on closer examination these proved to have been deaths due to inhalation of vomit that could not be directly attributed to cannabis (House of Lords Report, 1998). By comparison with other commonly used recreational drugs these statistics are impressive."
Source: Iversen, Leslie L., PhD, FRS, "The Science of Marijuana" (London, England: Oxford University Press, 2000), p. 178, citing House of Lords, Select Committee on Science and Technology, "Cannabis -- The Scientific and Medical Evidence" (London, England: The Stationery Office, Parliament, 1998).

The World Health Organization noted that, while some studies indicate that adolescents who use marijuana might be more likely to drop out of high school and experience job instability in young adulthood, "the apparent strength of these cross-sectional studies ... has been exaggerated because those adolescents who are most likely to use cannabis have lower academic aspirations and poorer high school performance prior to using cannabis, than their peers who do not."
Source: Hall, W., Room, R., & Bondy, S., WHO Project on Health Implications of Cannabis Use: A Comparative Appraisal of the Health and Psychological Consequences of Alcohol, Cannabis, Nicotine and Opiate Use August 28, 1995 (Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1998).
http://www.druglibrary.net/schaffer/hemp/general/who-probable.htm

The DEA's Administrative Law Judge, Francis Young concluded: "In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care."
Source: US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, "In the Matter of Marijuana Rescheduling Petition," [Docket #86-22], (September 6, 1988), p. 57.
http://www.iowamedicalmarijuana.org/pdfs/young.pdf

"Analysis of the demographic and social characteristics of a large sample of applicants seeking approval to use marijuana medically in California supports an interpretation of long term non problematic use by many who had first tried it as adolescents, and then either continued to use it or later resumed its use as adults. In general, they have used it at modest levels and in consistent patterns which anecdotally-often assisted their educational achievement, employment performance, and establishment of a more stable life-style. These data suggest that rather than acting as a gateway to other drugs, (which many had also tried), cannabis has been exerting a beneficial influence on most."
Source: Thomas J O'Connell and Ch B Bou-Matar, "Long term marijuana users seeking medical cannabis in California (20012007): demographics, social characteristics, patterns of cannabis and other drug use of 4117 applicants," Harm Reduction Journal, (November 2007).
http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/pdf/1477-7517-4-16.pdf

Good sources of info:
http://www.drugtext.org/sub/marmyt1.html
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/53

Derf,
rabican said:
National Geographic - Marijuana Nation says that long term use has been linked to poor school/job performance, respiratory problems, memory loss, and depression. Any truth to this?
(Wheeze, wheeze) I don't remember where I went to school or where I work and for some reason that makes me sad.

Howie Feltersnatch,

rabican

Howie Feltersnatch said:
"
I literally LOLed quite a bit while watching Super High Me. The other one just pissed me off more how screwed up our system is.
I saw the union, very good...i dont remember it discussing health effects though (other than disproving the killing brain cells myth). It mainly discussed the system, and yes it also pissed me off :mad:

rabican,

panasonic

Unfortunately, cannabis is a highly politicized drug, making it difficult to find unbiased sources.

I've scanned the scientific literature briefly (20 min) and this is what I've found. I have not evaluated these publications for scientific integrity but presumably since they're published they should be alright although any of you who are scientists will laugh and know this isn't true 100% of the time:

Neurological effects: memory, mental disorders, brain function, etc

[PDF] The chronic effects of cannabis on memory in humans: a review
bentham.org [PDF]N Solowij, R Battisti - Curr Drug Abuse Rev, 2008 - bentham.org
http://www.bentham.org/cdar/samples/cdar 1-1/Solowij.pdf

"[T]his review sought to examine the literature specific to memory function in cannabis users in the unintoxicated state with the aim of identifying the existence and nature of memory impairment in cannabis users and appraising potentially related mediators or moderators" and "Most recent studies have examined working memory and verbal episodic memory and cumulatively, the evidence suggests impaired encoding, storage, manipulation and retrieval mechanisms in long-term or heavy cannabis users. These impairments are not dissimilar to those associated with acute intoxication and have been related to the duration, frequency, dose and age of onset of cannabis use. We consider the impact of not only specific parameters of cannabis use in the manifestation of memory dysfunction, but also such factors as age, neurodevelopmental stage, IQ, gender, various vulnerabilities and other substance-use interactions, in the context of neural efficiency and compensatory mechanisms."

Regional Brain Abnormalities Associated With Long-term Heavy Cannabis Use
Murat Ycel, PhD, MAPS; Nadia Solowij, PhD; Colleen Respondek, BSc; Sarah Whittle, PhD; Alex Fornito, PhD; Christos Pantelis, MD, MRCPsych, FRANZCP; Dan I. Lubman, MB ChB, PhD, FRANZCP
Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2008;65(6):694-701.
http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/65/6/694

"Conclusions: These results provide new evidence of exposure-related structural abnormalities in the hippocampus and amygdala in long-term heavy cannabis users and corroborate similar findings in the animal literature. These findings indicate that heavy daily cannabis use across protracted periods exerts harmful effects on brain tissue and mental health."

Long-term effects of frequent cannabis use on working memory and attention: an fMRI study
Psychopharmacology, 2006
Gerry Jager1 , Rene S. Kahn1, Wim Van Den Brink2, Jan M. Van Ree3 and Nick F. Ramsey1
http://www.springerlink.com/content/t7424196656k7161/

"No evidence was found for long-term deficits in working memory and selective attention in frequent cannabis users after 1 week of abstinence. Nonetheless, frequent cannabis use may affect brain function, as indicated by altered neurophysiological dynamics in the left superior parietal cortex during working memory processing."

Acute and Non-acute Effects of Cannabis on Brain Functioning and Neuropsychological Performance
Neuropsychology Review
Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
10.1007/s11065-007-9036-8
Raul Gonzalez1

"Summary and Concluding Remarks
The past two decades have experienced remarkable breakthroughs in understanding the mechanisms by which cannabis produces its psychoactive effects. An endocannabinoid signaling system that includes cannabinoid receptors to which THC binds has been discovered and characterized in the human brain. This system has been implicated in regulation of various brain functions and shows great promise for therapeutic applications (Grant and Cahn 2005).

Scientific advances have also been made in understanding the neurobehavioral consequences of cannabis use through the use of neuroimaging. Current evidence clearly demonstrates changes in brain functioning among acutely intoxicated and abstinent cannabis users. The most consistent findings are of increased blood blow or hypermetabolism during acute intoxication and decreased blood flow or hypometabolism during recent abstinence, when participants are at rest. The duration of these changes after abstinence is less clear but may persist for weeks. Subtle differences in brain functioning have also been reported among abstinent cannabis users involved in various neurocognitive tasks; as expected, however, the specific brain regions affected vary according to task and across studies. These changes in brain functioning do not necessarily translate to functional impairments, since abstinent cannabis users in such studies often reveal no differences on task performance. Neither do differences in brain functioning translate to evidence for structural damage. Indeed, evidence for structural brain damage in humans as a result of cannabis use remains equivocal, and it may be that various yet unknown circumstances may affect whether cannabis will exert neurotoxic or neuroprotective effects.

Poorer performances on measures of neuropsychological functioning are also observed among cannabis users. Those who are acutely intoxicated show deficits in memory that appear specific to material presented during acute intoxication and usually only during free recall paradigms when recognition cues are not provided. Such deficits can be best characterized as retrieval-based, which would suggest disruptions of prefrontal brain circuits rather than frank damage to hippocampal structures. Consistent with this interpretation is evidence for intrusion and false positive errors during memory testing and functional neuroimaging studies that more often reveal disturbances in prefrontal structures than in the temporal lobes. It may be that disruptions in brain structures outside the mid-temporal lobes more likely mediate cannabis-related memory problems, which may be executive in nature. Poorer memory is also the most reliably detected deficit among abstinent cannabis users, which suggests that memory disturbances experienced during acute use persist after intoxication subsides. However, these deficits appear to be mild and transient.

At this time, the preponderance of evidence suggests circumscribed deficits of small magnitude that are most commonly seen with frequent and heavy use of cannabis. Individuals with such patterns of use may also be those most likely to be addicted to cannabis and meet criteria for a cannabis-related substance-use disorder. Although they represent only a small percentage of those that have ever tried cannabis, in the United States alone they numbered more than 4 million during 2005. Thus, cannabis use disorders are of significant concern for public health. Given the significant negative impact that drug addiction can have on an individuals life, it can be argued that one of the greatest neurobehavioral liabilities from cannabis use is its potential for addiction. These potential risks must be weighed in tandem with the developing therapeutic applications of cannabis and specific cannabinoids, since the risk for development of dependence and limited risk for neuropsychological deficits may not be sufficient to contraindicate use under many circumstances."

Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review
The Lancet, Volume 370, Issue 9584, Pages 319-328
T. Moore, S. Zammit, A. Lingford-Hughes, T. Barnes, P. Jones, M. Burke, G. Lewis

"The evidence is consistent with the view that cannabis increases risk of psychotic outcomes independently of confounding and transient intoxication effects, although evidence for affective outcomes is less strong. The uncertainty about whether cannabis causes psychosis is unlikely to be resolved by further longitudinal studies such as those reviewed here. However, we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life."

Pulmonary and respiratory effects

Effects of Marijuana Smoking on Pulmonary Function and Respiratory Complications
A Systematic Review

Jeanette M. Tetrault, MD; Kristina Crothers, MD; Brent A. Moore, PhD; Reena Mehra, MD, MS; John Concato, MD, MS, MPH; David A. Fiellin, MD
Arch Intern Med. 2007;167(3):221-228.
http://archinte.highwire.org/cgi/content/abstract/167/3/221

"Conclusions: Short-term exposure to marijuana is associated with bronchodilation. Physiologic data were inconclusive regarding an association between long-term marijuana smoking and airflow obstruction measures. Long-term marijuana smoking is associated with increased respiratory symptoms suggestive of obstructive lung disease."

Effects of cannabis on pulmonary structure, function and symptoms
Thorax 2007;62:1058-1063 doi:10.1136/thx.2006.077081
http://thorax.bmj.com/content/62/12/1058.full

Other effects and summaries

Interestingly, these first two articles appear to contradict each other.

Long-term effects of exposure to cannabis
Leslie Iversen
Current Opinion in Pharmacology
Volume 5, Issue 1, February 2005, Pages 69-72
http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...d=582538&md5=5cd99271d53925bd4843f082baadfe42

"A review of the literature suggests that the majority of cannabis users, who use the drug occasionally rather than on a daily basis, will not suffer any lasting physical or mental harm. Conversely, as with other recreational drugs, there will be some who suffer adverse consequences from their use of cannabis. Some individuals who have psychotic thought tendencies might risk precipitating psychotic illness. Those who consume large doses of the drug on a regular basis are likely to have lower educational achievement and lower income, and may suffer physical damage to the airways. They also run a significant risk of becoming dependent upon continuing use of the drug. There is little evidence, however, that these adverse effects persist after drug use stops or that any direct cause and effect relationships are involved.
In contrast, cannabis might have beneficial effects in some medical indications. There is considerable literature obtained from animal studies to suggest that cannabis has analgesic effects [27]. Until recently, however, there has been a dearth of controlled clinical studies to validate such effects in patients. This has now changed, with the publication in the past two years of a number of double-blind placebo-controlled trials showing the effectiveness of cannabinoids in relieving chronic neuropathic pain 28. and 29. or pain associated with multiple sclerosis 30. and 31.. The largest of these trials involved 630 multiple sclerosis patients and showed significant pain relief after 15 weeks of treatment with either pure THC or cannabis extract [30]. It seems likely that medicinal cannabis will re-enter the Pharmacopoeia."

Long-term effects of cannabis
Anna Boycea, b and Paul McArdlea, b
Paediatrics and Child Health
Volume 18, Issue 1, January 2008, Pages 37-41
"Conclusion
There is reasonable evidence for a link between cannabis use and risk of overall adverse psychosocial functioning, lower educational attainment, development of psychosis, particularly in individuals vulnerable by virtue of family history, and possibly cognitive performance. Young people using cannabis on a regular basis should be warned of the possible consequences to their mental health in addition to the physical health risks of smoking cannabis. Health professionals working with adolescents should be prepared to ask young people about their drug use and be aware of local resources to support young people who wish to address their drug use.
Misuse of cannabis in adolescence may have long-term consequences on psychosocial functioning and mental health
Cannabis use is associated with later use of other illicit substances, although the mechanism for this is unclear
There is not enough evidence to enable prediction of outcome for individuals exposed to cannabis prenatally
Questions about substance misuse should form part of routine assessment by health professionals working with young people and referral to substance misuse services made as appropriate"

panasonic,

Hanibal Lectin

more cult of the experts...if you cant feel how it affects you neg and pos then you shouldn't be using it

Hanibal Lectin,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I suspect I should care, but after 41 years of usage, the damage is done.

macbill,

hopandstop

Either I'm fucked or something else is wrong, because cannabis makes me better all around. I can make someone laugh as opposed to receiving a quizzical stare. As well, I can ask someone how their day is instead of asking "how's your evening?" in the middle of the day.

hopandstop,

Plant

"Marijuana Nation says that long term use has been linked to poor school/job performance"
yeah thats bcuzz we are no drones, they can't fill our minds with shit anymore, we can think for ourself, and can see there is more to life than school and work.
I work to live, i don't live to work. And i don't define myself thru my education or job like the drone masses do.
How many people define themselfs by their job like i'm a lawyer or doctor or designer etc.
Hell if anything i define myself as Marijuana cuzz that's whats on my mind 24/7 and not just the using no everything that has to do with Marijuana

Plant,

GreenLeaf

rabican said:
I'm curious of any known negative health effects of weed? I know it doesn't kill brain cells, but does it hurt your memory in other ways (long term? short term?)

Does it have any negative effects on the lungs?
Smoking anything is bad for your lungs and it is not like vaporizing that gets rid of the carcinogens or eating herb where you avoid exposure to smoke, tars, and carcinogens.

I've been told by Oncologists that smoking pot can give you throat and mouth cancer.

GreenLeaf,

panasonic

Hanibal Lectin said:
more cult of the experts...if you cant feel how it affects you neg and pos then you shouldn't be using it
I apologise if I was trying to come across as an expert...I wasn't

panasonic,

Frickr

i still might be younge yet, but from my observations, those who are heavy drinkers, seem to age quicker and be more unhealthy overall. where as those who smoked pot for the majority of their lives seemed to be happier, healthier, and looked younger. as far as memory goes, i havent seen anything that has convinced me that marijuana effects mental capacity. infact i see more often then not, it helps people focus and concentrate more.

for me i know, i think "better" when im stoned. when im working (been in the construction trade for a while now) i will organize my time better. i will start at one end of the project and work to the other end. when im sober, im always jumping around, like my mind moves faster then my body. pot just gives me the focus i need to be productive. i've been cutting back my usage quite abit. went from between an 8th and a quarter a week, to a few bowls a week, and i have to say my grades in school have actually gone down since i started going to class sober. my tests esspecially, going to school for an electricain, i have to look up the code referance to every single question on a test. when i have a buzz going, i sit down im focused on the test, and i find all the referances im looking for, sober, i jump around alot more, and always end up missing more on average.

everyone is differant though, what works for me, might not work for you. i am pretty sure i have a.d.d. so this would explain how weed helps me focus.

im not claiming to be an expert in the field, but i feel other peoples observations are just as important and relevent as a published report.

Frickr,

Hanibal Lectin

panasonic said:
Hanibal Lectin said:
I apologise if I was trying to come across as an expert...I wasn't
sorry I should have taken more time to clarify that my statement was not directed to anyone... just in general media and whatnot,they got "experts" to tell you how to do everything

Hanibal Lectin,

panasonic

Well, science doesn't "tell you what to do", it just tells you the answer to a scientific question. How you apply that to your own life is totally up to you. Some of the reports may seem like they're 'telling people what to do' but in context it's appropriate because these are publications that doctors reference for how they should practice.

While I don't think pot has an overall negative effect on anyone's life, except in extreme cases, for me personally I'd like to know if using it can lead to long-term neurological, pulmonary, or respiratory effects. This is important for my own health, and if I ever choose to have kids, it would be nice to know for their health as well, so if they decide to start smoking pot at 12 years old I can either tell them "yes, that will ruin your brain while it's still in development" or "well it won't ruin your brain but I don't want you using it until you are older".

panasonic,

indigal

Amongst the corn
panasonic said:
While I don't think pot has an overall negative effect on anyone's life, except in extreme cases, for me personally I'd like to know if using it can lead to long-term neurological, pulmonary, or respiratory effects. This is important for my own health, and if I ever choose to have kids, it would be nice to know for their health as well, so if they decide to start smoking pot at 12 years old I can either tell them "yes, that will ruin your brain while it's still in development" or "well it won't ruin your brain but I don't want you using it until you are older".
Thanks for posting the info you found- I really appreciated it!

Yes, it has become so politicized that the people in the pro camp see it as a panacea, and the folks in the con camp over-emphasize the negative effects of use. Mix the social issues and stigma in there a bit and you see where they draw their conclusions.

There is a difference between what we experience (perceive) and what can be substantively studied. Do I believe there are negative effects from use- yes, I've read enough on the subject that I do. Do I believe these negative effects are transient- mostly yes. Do I moderate my behavior based on this, sure.

MJ can potentiate underlying problems with many body systems, but it also can be helpful for others. It is something I believe strongly should be legalized, studied, and used with more knowledge than what's currently readily available to the average public. Right now, the pro-camp is doing a great disservice by touting it as a cure-all to everything that ails you. It's not. It's useful in many cases, it's also great recreation, with mostly minor negatives. Remove the social stigma around it (for recreational as well as med use), and maybe we will have real answers someday.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
:peace:

indigal,
Plant said:
I work to live, i don't live to work. And i don't define myself thru my education or job like the drone masses do.
How many people define themselfs by their job like i'm a lawyer or doctor or designer etc.

Love this thinking! It's working great for so many things (for me), I feel happier and more well-rounded as a person as well as more patient and fun as a mom after a long day at work. *Goodbye anxiety attacks!*

singingcrow,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
MJ is a very bad thing... one of the worst .. :) not for your health but in other people's minds..
You are getting happy via drugs.. :D and they cannot do that... and want to spread their unhappy waves all around hopefully they find someone to make them feel not alone in their view/opinion.. and they can get together negative as the "minus" itself.. and discussing other people's lives instead of living their own..
So for me the people who are against pot.. when there is no independent study that shows negative effects.. they just ENVY happy guys like us..

Abysmal Vapor,

Egzoset

Banned
Hello Rabican,

I can testify about the positive health effects of weed 1st, then i'll try to find something negative to add!

Cannabis vapor helped me to loose 30 pounds in a matter of weeks but that's me, others will devastate their food reserve(s) because of it - which isn't my case, on the contrary. I think it's about raising my blood's sugar level. Go figure. Anyway, the numbers don't lie: 30 pounds since i started to vaporize on a more regular basis.

Another thing i noticed is that with an empty jar my headaches are back again, i used to have difficult to control lasting pain for days on when i was totally abstinent. With cannabis that's gone! I don't remember having to lie down in the dark during the last three months - which concides with the period when i came back from Montreal with a nice reserve of noble vegetation... I feel it got even better when my first two plants got ready for harvest. My impression was that vaporizing my own Sativa-dominant weed improved the situation even further as it left me relaxed but much more "functional" on a daily basis.

Now that i've emptied my little Mason jar i seem to have to deal with intense acouphens (ringing in the brain's earing area) again and i sense the headaches are ready to pop up once more when i'm not careful. Cannabis gave me back some part of a life style i thought i was doomed to loose continually until the clock stops ticking for me. That plant really IS special, it makes me feel better and improves my life in a concrete way.

:peace:

Egzoset,

canadianlive

Everybody is saying the same thing again and again :)

I think from what I have read and heard for years now, Cannabis is a very very very safe medication when used in appropriate dosages as needed for whatever condition you are using it for. It also does not do any harm when used in moderation even for those who use it for recreation purposes. Now what you call appropriate depends on situation I guess.

I use it for my(yes my, I own pain LoL) debilitating neuropathic pain, related fatigue and depression. It works wonders it is all gain for me and I don't care about bad health effects. Bad health effects whatever they are, are way lesser than the benefits I am experiencing. Fuk the side effects!

If one uses it like there is no tomorrow without any limit just to get high! then definitely there will be some long term side effects that might be bad.

I also think increasing THC % to higher levels than what is natural is also not good. This is because who the hell knows the long term effects of higher THC rates. After all we are just monitoring and recording THC levels for what less than half a century? I know that THC is good but more and more THC? I think people who want to get high and just high are making this happen ha ha :)

If any of you are knowledgeable enough please let me know where I can find the information about Cannabis plants and their THC and CBD concentrations in their most natural or wild form in the years before 1925.

I would love to use cannabis that is closer to those concentrations, as there is a 5000 year old history of medical and thrapeutic use for me to rely on. This information is helpful because it is from before we have gone crazy on too many fancy strains and THC percentages.

canadianlive,

SD_haze

I also think increasing THC % to higher levels than what is natural is also not good. This is because who the hell knows the long term effects of higher THC rates. After all we are just monitoring and recording THC levels for what less than half a century? I know that THC is good but more and more THC? I think people who want to get high and just high are making this happen ha ha smile

Very high doses of thc have been consumed by humans for thousands of years

Hashish :p

SD_haze,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
How many of you suffer negative effects from cannabis when eating or vaporizing ?
I feel none of those problems. I am doing great with complex mathematics which involve things way harder and more complicated than the hardest sudoku :D . When i am high and calm (my personal dzen) i operate at my best, i make few to none errors compared to when i am not affected by mj. When i trip on high doses of edibles i don't suffer memoryloss but i do gather visions from the future..

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom