Need to study? Pop some of these pills!!!!!!

olivianewtonjohn

Well probably not the pills you were thinking lol.

My friend at work gave me some Lion's Mane pills. They are made up of hericium erinaceus a type of mushroom. It does not seem to affect everyone the same and we are thinking its due to our MJ use (its interaction with the nervous system and lions mane interaction with the nervous system).

The affects I get?
Its like caffeine but with the added benefit of being clear minded and feeling sharp. Words form easier. Memory seems sharper. I work at a quicker pace.

My first time taking it was on 4 hours of sleep in the morning when I felt cloudy and groggy. Im really not a morning person. Anyways it removed the groggyness within 30mins or so, and I felt affects for about 4 hours. I brought a coffee to work but never drank it! I also didnt fall asleep at work (rare for a desk job).

So far I am limiting its use to when I really need it. When I am studying. Oh yeah forgot to mention I am typically a skeptical person especially when it comes to alternative medicine (due to all the snake oil out there ie homeopathy)

This is the one I have:
http://www.amazon.com/Fungi-Perfecti-Defense-Capsules-Vegetarian/dp/B002WJ2ALO

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Well probably not the pills you were thinking lol.

My friend at work gave me some Lion's Mane pills. They are made up of hericium erinaceus a type of mushroom. It does not seem to affect everyone the same and we are thinking its due to our MJ use (its interaction with the nervous system and lions mane interaction with the nervous system).

The affects I get?
Its like caffeine but with the added benefit of being clear minded and feeling sharp. Words form easier. Memory seems sharper. I work at a quicker pace.

My first time taking it was on 4 hours of sleep in the morning when I felt cloudy and groggy. Im really not a morning person. Anyways it removed the groggyness within 30mins or so, and I felt affects for about 4 hours. I brought a coffee to work but never drank it! I also didnt fall asleep at work (rare for a desk job).

So far I am limiting its use to when I really need it. When I am studying. Oh yeah forgot to mention I am typically a skeptical person especially when it comes to alternative medicine (due to all the snake oil out there ie homeopathy)

This is the one I have:
http://www.amazon.com/Fungi-Perfecti-Defense-Capsules-Vegetarian/dp/B002WJ2ALO

Glad to hear it's working for you. I've taken reishi mushrooms and there's something to this fungal food thing. Looks like it has a use for Alzheimer's patients too.

http://www.fungihealth.com/study-lions-mane-alzheimers-disease

Edit: Aw heck I'll try it. @olivianewtonjohn is the bottle you linked to a 30 day supply?

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Glad to hear it's working for you. I've taken reishi mushrooms and there's something to this fungal food thing. Looks like it has a use for Alzheimer's patients too.

http://www.fungihealth.com/study-lions-mane-alzheimers-disease

Edit: Aw heck I'll try it. @olivianewtonjohn is the bottle you linked to a 30 day supply?
Yes its a month supply. Suggested dose is 2 capsules. I find the effects happen right away but I gave it to my dad (doesnt :leaf:) and he didnt get any effects. Gave it to one of my friends and she studied until 4AM last night LOL (doesnt :leaf:), so im not too sure why it works for some and not others.

Very interesting ted talk by the creator (was looking at the package and decided to google him):
Its not really related to these pills but more mushrooms in general

Alittle hard to follow but man there is some interesting things they are studying. Wonder where the research will take us.

HugieLewis

I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion
Paul Stamets is like a god for all things mushroom related. If he is the one pitching this I'd be interested.

olivianewtonjohn

Please let me know how it goes. Really curious if other people get the same results. Took some an hour ago and my mind feels like its in overdrive yet I feel clear minded. Weird I know. Getting alot of work done

olivianewtonjohn,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I tried this yesterday. The effect for me was more subtle. Not really much change in clarity of thinking, but I did notice a difference in terms of motor function. Easier to multi-task, like doing one thing with one hand and something else with the other. If it does work on the neurological level, I could see how it would improve thinking for people who have some motor function issues.

Top Bottom