Need suggestions for a portable

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hello my dear FC Friends,
in the past weeks i have been experimenting with trying to get oils and concentrates to work for me so i can use a very small form factor device "pen size" to bring with me in the summer on my motorcycle trips (before you even think it or say it... this is not to be used while i ride, i am safer than that). I live in NY so this is not an MMJ state so i tried to make my own oils and concentrates and failed miserably. so i am back to looking for something for dy herb. i am not going to spend any more money on this failed experiments.

In the past for my motorcycle trips i have used a click-a-toke (http://www.clickatoke.com/store/ind...category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=79) because it fit perfect in either my vest/shirt pocket or my gas tank pocket (this is a very small pocket. but the issues is i don't want to use this anymore becuase the screen clogs quickly and ITS COMBUSTION!!! the click-a-toke is about 5" in size, so i am looking for a vape that is similar in size and form factor. one that i can fit in my vest/shirt pocket or gas tank pocket. i would like it to be fast and easy to use and not need alot of "stuff" to make it work. the MFLB is out... i owned one and was not happy with it at all, not my thing. so i open to suggestions here. i was thinking the Inhalater INH004 but it may be "too big" to fit in the spots i need it to fit. i was also thinking the thermovape but i thought i read that the batteries did not last long and i would have to carry alot of them. the PAX may be what i need, but again.... i could have sworn i read that the taste changes very quickly in the PAX and i like to enjoy the taste of my flowers. I was thinking possible D9's stuff but they are really for oils and not sure how the new herb carts are. besides... wouldn't i be wasting my money buying a product designed for oils but does dry herbs as a secondary??? i do love the size of the omicron though :)

i really like the one handed, "pen" style my click-a-toke has and that i can just pull it out, click the button, inhale, and put it back in my pocket. the unit i choose would have to be able to do quick short sessions as well like that. i don't want a unit where i am committed to a long session once i start.

just looking for suggestions at this point to research as i do not have $$$ to buy at this time. thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

mmenzie,

max

Out to lunch
You're setting pretty high requirements here- small, great taste, long lasting batteries. Maybe that's why you've gone 11 days with no responses. Taste, in particular, should go way down the list for portable selection. Small bowls and short air paths are a guarantee for a quick downhill run in the taste dept. Personally I like my DaVinci for convenient portable use, but if you're going to keep your standards unreasonably high, I wouldn't expect many suggestions.

max,
Reactions: Lo

JCat

Accessory Maker
From the sounds of your requirements, I'd say the Pax is currently your best bet based on my experience, but it's not perfect. It definitely needs to be cleaned regularly, but you might want to try one (cleaning isn't that difficult IMHO)

Edit: I haven't tried the TV Cera but it might be a decent option as well, I'd like to try one but I can only afford so many vaporizers and my next purchase I think is going to be the VB2DLX.

(I'm already at over 15 vapes in a little over a year)

JCat,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
From the sounds of your requirements, I'd say the Pax is currently your best bet based on my experience, but it's not perfect. It definitely needs to be cleaned regularly, but you might want to try one (cleaning isn't that difficult IMHO)

I can't agree with this. If flavour is important then the Pax is a poor choice. Turning it on for a single hit is the worst way to use the Pax as well because the oven cooks the load continuously.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Figure out a way to make the INH fit. It is really what you want I think from all you say on the threads. Pax is certainly the right size but might not be the right vape.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Figure out a way to make the INH fit. It is really what you want I think from all you say on the threads. Pax is certainly the right size but might not be the right vape.

believe me i am trying to see what i can do, but i can't stretch hard leather so making the pouch bigger is out :( i actually got to try a PAX last night and i did not feel it was bad at all. i would love to try an INH but i will need to find someone close to me that would be willing to let me try it. so the PAX is back on my wish list but i have to say the INH never left the wish list either. just wish i could "try" it out

mmenzie,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'd like to try an INH as well, but can't justify forking over the cash for it without trying it first. Someone I trust that bought one ended up selling one (or returning? can't remember) because it had a funny taste to it (he believed from the "plastic" type material ... I know I know ... it's not plastic I just can't remember what the actual material is called off the top of my head).

JCat,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It is polymide and has no taste. I did a bunch of burns when I got it though.

MM if I end up bringing the INH I will let you try it but I don't think I will because of the tubing. I don't think I can use it native for such a long period of time.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ShipDit

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Im pretty sure vaporblunt is coming out with a smaller device than the original vaporblunt. Go check out the thread.

NotPotRelated,
Reactions: mmenzie

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think you get the closest to what you want if you get a Cera or a INH XP, although they could be smaller. The Cera should have better taste and the XP better battery.

But you will still have to do trade offs and choose which you rather sacrifice. :2c:

The ability to one-hit is better achieved with the Cera than the XP, although i don't own either of its predecessors.

vorrange,
Reactions: Dreamerr

hoptimum

I think you get the closest to what you want if you get a Cera or a INH XP, although they could be smaller. The Cera should have better taste and the XP better battery.

But you will still have to do trade offs and choose which you rather sacrifice. :2c:

The ability to one-hit is better achieved with the Cera than the XP, although i don't own either of its predecessors.
I think the MFLB is the smallest and best one hitter, its a shame its not working for the OP

hoptimum,
I am new to vaping and only have a Pax, which I love and recommend, though you have to be diligent about cleaning it. One way to preserve the taste is to start out on the low setting (370 F) and then go to the medium (390 F), though it does degrade fairly quickly at medium.

Purrito Purrpants,
Top Bottom