Need some recommendations

Summer

Long Island, NY
Don't you think I would if I could?

I'm pretty certain streams are handled differently than videos & photos. Streams are only meant to be viewed by followers & not the general public for the sake of privacy. And if the broadcaster chooses, he can publish it as a story after the fact for up to 24 hours.

I just opened up the story again & there is no share link to be had. I rarely go to facebook & never sign into twitter so I don't know how those work.

Some of the IGTV vids Vapefiend posts can also be found on Vimeo.

Last edited:

little maggie

I like my splinters and iheat but they are not very small when the box mod is added. The tubo evic is a bit smaller although larger than several vapes suggested. The Tubo encloses a box mod with simple software. At it's tallest point it's about 3.5 inches by 2.5. The splinter with FC 80 is a little over 5 inches. If size doesn't matter the splinter and iheat are both great. I am a box mod newbie and the tubo software was a great starting place. All have replaceable batteries.

Summer

Long Island, NY
On demand is gonna be convection & as such the
Ioads will not be as large as conduction or hybrid, but some vapes use pods so you can easily swap out.

Portable? Desktop? 510 mod-based? What's your budget?

MasterChief

On demand is gonna be convection & as such the
Ioads will not be as large as conduction or hybrid, but some vapes use pods so you can easily swap out.

Portable? Desktop? 510 mod-based? What's your budget?

Portable for sure. Budget would be around $200.

MasterChief,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My Iheat paired with a Movkin Disguiser Mod box is a lot more smaller than with the classic top connexion most mod box offer although it doesn't offer a good TC feature:
P1060809.jpg

Sorry for the big pic.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Splinter Z with mod. $240. But vgoodiez has a 15% off sale

Splinter w/ mod about $200

Fierce on sale $189

The Tera

Firewood 5. $250

There's also unregulated on demand convection vapes like the Milaana & the Li'l Bud where the vape doesn't time out & have set parameters like regulated ones. Your draw is the regulator. There is more interaction between you & the vape.

You know, you don't have to rush. There will be other sales. July 4th, Black Friday. & you can buy used. You don't want to say in hindsight, "I could of had a V-8!:doh:" ;)

I favor the Splinter Z. If $ were no object, I'd also say consider the Ghost MV-1.

Last edited:

little maggie

Not sure what you mean by large bowl. The splinter I'm using now seems It could hold quite a bit. Same for the tubo. The nomad and Vapes with 14mm stems would probably be too small.

As previously mentioned on demand Vapes like the milaana are good options.

MasterChief

Not sure what you mean by large bowl. The splinter I'm using now seems It could hold quite a bit. Same for the tubo. The nomad and Vapes with 14mm stems would probably be too small.

As previously mentioned on demand Vapes like the milaana are good options.

By a big bowl I mean something that holds at least .2. I’m a heavy user and hate constantly reloading. That’s the main reason I never got an MV1 or a Firewood. An on demand vape would be perfect for when I’m gaming or just wanna take a big hit.

I used to have a MFLB, but hated the multiple pieces and how fast it would drain batteries.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, with the Splinter, you can insert a screen deeper into the joint & fill it substantially more than the basket screen.

I think a desktop like an e-nano would give you exactly what you're looking for. You could have a couple/few of preloaded stems. The unit remains on. You take a hit, remove stem, put stem back on, repeat. Switch over to new stem when nec. When you've indulged enough for the time being, you simply lower the heat level so it remains in idle mode, to be turned up when you're ready again. It's a perfect gaming vape.

Anyway, I'm out of suggestions. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Ask in the Splinter & Splinter Z thread. I have a custom Z & an OG Splinter. I don't know how the V2 compares to my OG, but I can't believe they function much differently; same with the custom Z vs. Zv1. For me, there is a huge improvement flavor-wise & just in general overall oomph in the custom Z over the Splinter. So if I had to buy today, I'd with a custom Z or Zv1.

If you do go with a Z, check the sales. By the way, where did you buy your Argo from?

HerbieVonVapster

The splinters are damn good units but keep in mind they do have glass in them. As a home unit I recommend them them but for travel keep that in aspect in mind. Personally mine are home use only devices. For travel the stempod and imp suit my needs better.

Matching a DNA mod up to the splinter/splinterZ or when it's used in something like the new lil bud elite. Really adds to the experience these devices offer.

IMHO the 510 device itself is only part of the magic. By adding a DNA mod you will improve either of the splinters performance over a using a inexpensive mod. Honestly to buy a 200 splinterZ and matching it too inexpensive mod are gimping the experience these device will provide.

Last edited:

MasterChief

Ask in the Splinter & Splinter Z thread. I have a custom Z & an OG Splinter. I don't know how the V2 compares to my OG, but I can't believe they function much differently; same with the custom Z vs. Zv1. For me, there is a huge improvement flavor-wise & just in general overall oomph in the custom Z over the Splinter. So if I had to buy today, I'd with a custom Z or Zv1.

If you do go with a Z, check the sales. By the way, where did you buy your Argo from?

I ordered it from EDC

MasterChief,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just wanted to know so if you didn't like it, would it be returnable. Guess not. PIU takes exchanges on used vapes & the Argo is $176 right now.

Summer,

MasterChief

I received the ArGo on Thursday and have have vaped around 10 bowls. Really like it as a pocket piece. Really easy to load and keep clean. Didn’t get the long mouthpiece since I like to carry with the stem installed. I’ll use my Solo 2 with the long stem when I want to get some big rips.

I also went ahead and ordered a custom Splinter Z, Lost Vape Triade, and Xcl8r stems. Hopefully it won’t be too hard to setup/tune. It’ll be a few weeks until I receive all the pieces.

Top Bottom