need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelstone

I'm looking at getting a proper vape, have been using one of the diy vapes for awhile. I'm in canada so have been looking on torontovaporizer.com i think it is. I've read most of the EQ thread on here and think that's what I'm looking at mainly.

I could feel fine spending up to $400 probably. I would like to be able to use whip and bags. At this time it would be for flowers. I tend to smoke mostly at home, but go out a fair bit in summer so was also considering persei with the bender but haven't got to reading about the bender yet.

I realize the volcano is a great vape but figure i could possibly get a good non portable AND portable for around same price.

michaelstone,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations MichaelStone,

I've read most of the EQ thread on here and think that's what I'm looking at mainly.

Unless i'd be mistaking this is part of the air/vapour path:

extremevaporizerinside3xc1.jpg

344zg9d.jpg

Did you notice those aspects while browsing through its dedicated thread?

:huh:

...$400... ...whip and bags... ...flowers.

Good budget, clearly the Volcano got you inspired! ;)

Anyway, negative pressure systems may be an option when it comes to bags:

...as this will attach easily to a vast number of vaporizers.

:peace:

Egzoset,

michaelstone

i did read about it, didnt see pics...but seemed like it was a non issue by those discussing it...

i was also just reading about the "plenty" which seems like a nice alternative to persei & bender...
edit: except i just discovered its not truly portable...

michaelstone,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again MichaelStone,

...didnt see pics...

Even the illustrations will elude us once in awhile and it turns out this web site alone has 210+ brands/models pictured around (an estimate of mine many months old by now!)... It's only natural to let a few slip through on occasions, IMO!

;)

In any case, looking at PlanetVape i find they offer a somewhat wider/different selection of products (lots of Ti Pad versions there)...

:peace:

Egzoset,

michaelstone

thanks for the link ive been looking there as well...not sure what to get now if not the EQ lol...ive got PV and TV sites open and this one going back and forth...

edit: the vapolution looks nice too with its all glass...

michaelstone,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
thanks for the link ive been looking there as well...not sure what to get now if not the EQ lol...ive got PV and TV sites open and this one going back and forth...

If you are bothered by the fact that air entering the EQ passes over the circuit board before it is heated (which I think is a pretty silly concern) then you should consider the Herbalaire. It does whips and bags (with an external air pump), costs about the same as the EQ, is one of the most rugged units out there, and like the EQ is Canadian-made.

Either of these would leave room in your $400 budget for a good portable. I am a firm believer in having at least two units so that you have a backup if one fails, and a home unit plus a portable gives flexibility.

pakalolo,

michaelstone

was one of the either of these the vapolution? im liking what ive read and watched about that one...

michaelstone,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
was one of the either of these the vapolution? im liking what ive read and watched about that one...

My post got mangled and dropped a paragraph, check it again and see if it makes sense now. No, I was not referring the Vapolution. I have no experience with that unit, although someone whose opinion I respect a lot likes it and calls it one of the best bargains you can get because it has a nice FC discount. Or used to, at any rate.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
ok thanks ill have a look at the herbalaire too

I forgot to mention that the HA might be the most thorough device out there when it comes to extraction. It's the only vapourizer I know that quite happily gets everything (well, as much as any vape can) out of whole unground nuggets.

pakalolo,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
If you are bothered by the fact that air entering the EQ passes over the circuit board before it is heated (which I think is a pretty silly concern)

Not only does the air pass over a circuit board with capacitors, but this black piece of plastic (or whatever Arizer claims it is), that holds the heater has been known to melt.
Don't get me wrong, I :love:my EQ, but yes the silly concerns got to me and my OCDs, lol.

Tweak,
Reactions: Egzoset

max

Out to lunch

edit: the vapolution looks nice too with its all glass...
:tup: for the Vapolution, but it doesn't fit with your desire for a dual mode model. :tup:for the herbalAire in that category. I will say that the vast majority of vapor fans (the ones who enjoy the vaping experience anyway) end up using direct draw vs. filling a bag. Bags are still generally the best for inexperienced users and for passing around in groups, but you tend to use more herb with filling bags (I used a LOT more), and the sameness of it gets boring after a while.

max,

michaelstone

lol now that i know it would bug me too...ive been eating pure organic/no gmo...adding some possibly melting plastic the mix seems a step back

:tup: for the Vapolution, but it doesn't fit with your desire for a dual mode model. :tup:for the herbalAire in that category. I will say that the vast majority of vapor fans (the ones who enjoy the vaping experience anyway) end up using direct draw vs. filling a bag. Bags are still generally the best for inexperienced users and for passing around in groups, but you tend to use more herb with filling bags (I used a LOT more), and the sameness of it gets boring after a while.

i would mostly use whip personally i think...the bags would be for when friends are over...but really they could just hit the whip too...they do now anyways

michaelstone,

hoptimum

i would mostly use whip personally i think...the bags would be for when friends are over...but really they could just hit the whip too...they do now anyways

In that case you might be better off with a dedicated whip vape than a hybrid.

hoptimum,
If you are bothered by the fact that air entering the EQ passes over the circuit board before it is heated (which I think is a pretty silly concern) then you should consider the Herbalaire. It does whips and bags (with an external air pump), costs about the same as the EQ, is one of the most rugged units out there, and like the EQ is Canadian-made.

Either of these would leave room in your $400 budget for a good portable. I am a firm believer in having at least two units so that you have a backup if one fails, and a home unit plus a portable gives flexibility.
Very sound advice.

Herbalaire + Solo would be a formidable combination and still leave you with around $40 of your original $400.

kingofnull,

max

Out to lunch
Something like a DBV or SSV is fairly easy to use for vapor newbies, very reliable, and will deliver big hits. The Vapo has a narrower air path, so hits aren't as big, and requires a little more practice since the herb sits deep in the heating chamber. Direct draw from the dual mode models is more of a compromise than a dedicated whip model, unless you're adding water filtration for bigger hits.

max,

michaelstone

Well I just checked local shop and damn their prices suck...279 for v tower, which I'm pretty sure is actually EQ since it has remote...smh

michaelstone,
Well I just checked local shop and damn their prices suck...279 for v tower, which I'm pretty sure is actually EQ since it has remote...smh
Don't buy local for vapes in Ontario. You'll get much better deals online. I still remember a LHS asking $350 for a Thermovape T1. Rusrs.

kingofnull,

michaelstone

Very sound advice.

Herbalaire + Solo would be a formidable combination and still leave you with around $40 of your original $400.

im gonna have a look at both of those, the solo's kinda bulky for a portable though init?

nvm not as big as i thought...

michaelstone,

max

Out to lunch
I wouldn't say the Solo is bulky for a portable. It's just not designed as a pocket portable. If you want a portable you can easily walk around with, in your pocket, there are better choices. The Solo is more like a home vape that runs on batteries, but is still easy to use away from home. It's just not stealthy.

max,

michaelstone

ya watching the video and seeing someone hold it its not that big...my brethern just has omicrons and persei's so looked big in comparison....

can anyone recommend good places to order these from in canada...from what ive seen getting both would cost over 450

michaelstone,

hoptimum

ya watching the video and seeing someone hold it its not that big...my brethern just has omicrons and persei's so looked big in comparison....

can anyone recommend good places to order these from in canada...from what ive seen getting both would cost over 450

You could get a Solo from Puffitup for $160 and a Da Buddha from the manufacturer site for $190. So for $350 US you would have a very nice vaporizing setup.

hoptimum,
Reactions: Tweak

michaelstone

nice that is cheapest ive seen solo so far...is there a code for buddha it says 209 on their site...

michaelstone,

hoptimum

nice that is cheapest ive seen solo so far...is there a code for buddha it says 209 on their site...

http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/da-buddha-vaporizer-1/da-buddha-vaporizer.html

I think Torontovaporizer also had it for $190. Having both the Solo and Da Buddha will give you a portable direct draw with excellent flavor and a heavy hitting desktop. Good luck.

hoptimum,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom