Need help with Rosin and E-cig Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape-Zord420

Hi FB, I've been roaming the forums for a while now and I signed up specifically to ask a few questions and get help with my recent purchase of a pen vape (E-cig) -Kangertech EVOD. I know this is a cheap one and may not be best for what I'm trying to achieve, keeping that in mind.

I've been reading a LOT on different concentrate extraction methods and I've landed on Rosin to be the most simple and effective for my needs. Basically, I don't want to fuck with solvents myself. Did my first Rosin extraction today and it seemed to work great.

So here's where the specific questions come in:

1.I have the Rosin wax (or shatter I guess?) If i simply put that in a bottle of E-Juice and attempt to dissolve it (through heat, or time, or both) am I good to go? Can it BE that simple?

2. Assuming I CAN do that, what's better for a base liquid? Vg, Pg, mix of both (what ratio?)

3. I've seen people suggest a 'heavier weight' PG (ej-mix 400) for proper suspension and maintaining a homogeneous mix. Am I right in assuming 'weight' refers to liquid viscosity? If so, what is best, more or less viscous? The reason I ask if i've just read two separate posts, one that suggest higher weight is better and one claiming the opposite.

4. And Finally, I don't need a LOT to get where I want to be (I just like a mild buzz). What would you suggest for a Rosin Concentrate. Gs to MLs, if I want to do a few hits and be comfortably elevated.

Thanks SOO much for the help. I'm really glad I found a group who I can ask about this.

Cheers!

Vape-Zord420,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Then, yes, it is that simple. Cheers and good luck!

Also, not all Rosin is created equal yeah? It all seems to affect me differently, so it is really going to be subjective, what ratio is right for you for a particular rosin/any concentrate.

seaofgreens,

Vape-Zord420

Cool. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I was worried that Rosin yields would differ from traditional oils or hash and it might not work right.

So, just to clear things up. I can literally just make some Rosin, drop it in my existing E-cig flavored juice and then use it after a day or so of dissolving? (am I missing anything?)

Vape-Zord420,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I believe the key is that you are heating things, according to the tutorial. Keep it below 250 F if possible, this will avoid boiling off terpenes. You are using the heat to facilitate mixing the rosin into the PG, and creating an evenly mixed solution.

Also, I think it is supposed to work best if you syringe it up while still warm and put it into the cartridge. This will get it in the cartridge before settling occurs.

seaofgreens,

Vape-Zord420

Great. Thanks again! Sorry for the dumb questions, just a little overwhelmed trying to take it all in and make sure I don't do something stupid and waste what little I've got.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Not a worry. It's hard enough stressing about squishing your nugs, much less doing that only to worry more about ruining the experience by mixing it wrong.

seaofgreens,
Reactions: Joel W.

Vape-Zord420

So I'm attempting it now. Got a shot glass with a few MLs of PG on a double boil in a pot on the stove. Temp is below boiling just steaming lots, no bubbles. I added the Rosin and it just kinda turned into a sticky ball of goo. Any suggestions in getting it properly separated before putting it in the canister?

Also, noticed I put "FB" in the main post and obviously it should be "FC". I was pretty baked writing this last night.

Thanks again!

Vape-Zord420,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Just grab something to stir the solution with. Point is that it can be mixed together much more readily when warmed up.

@NorVape Do you have some particular product in mind man?

seaofgreens,
Reactions: NorVape
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom