Need help with my portable sweet stix vape (basically the g pen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetMoney

I've had it for a couple months it's exactly the same as the g pen to my knowledge the website is www.sweet-stix.com if you want to take a look. My problem is cleaning the battery and usb charger I think. There has been wax drainage down onto the battery and i've done my best cleaning it with the tool but I can't get it connect to the charger. I know the charger works because the green led light comes on when I plug it into my computer or the wall with the wall adapter and I know my battery works because I still have some power left in it and the blue led light comes on when I unlock it but when I connect the battery to the charger the blue light is supposed to come on and start blinking but it stays off and the green light on the charger is supposed to turn red signifiying a connection to the battery but it stays green. All I can think of is that I need to clean each to establish a connection but I don't know how I should go about this. Any sugguestions?

Sorry for any confusion I just want to smoke lol if you need more information I can do my best to help

OF

There has been wax drainage down onto the battery and i've done my best cleaning it with the tool but I can't get it connect to the charger. I know the charger works because the green led light comes on when I plug it into my computer or the wall with the wall adapter and I know my battery works because I still have some power left in it and the blue led light comes on when I unlock it but when I connect the battery to the charger the blue light is supposed to come on and start blinking but it stays off and the green light on the charger is supposed to turn red signifiying a connection to the battery but it stays green. All I can think of is that I need to clean each to establish a connection but I don't know how I should go about this. Any sugguestions?

From here it sounds like a classic failure mode. The charger really is dead. It goes like this. A screw up happens and leads to a leak. It doesn't get completely cleaned with ISO right away and remains sticky. This glues the center pin of the charger connector to the center of the battery socket. When it gets unscrewed next time, the pin spins in the charger, breaking the wire off inside. The connection to the battery is simply never happening. I've fixed several, it's easy if you can solder or know someone who can. Strip the wire back a bit, solder it on again, press the pin back into place (it pulls out the front fairly easily) and you're good to go. Some guys even manage to open theirs up, remove the pin, strip the wire and poke it through the hole from the inside then force the pin back in along with the wire for the connection and get it to go again.

Chargers are cheap as well. One trick is to use a couple of thread adapters so the pin can't get glued down and twisted. Best is to carefully clean it every time (or at least check carefully).

Good luck.

OF

OF,

GetMoney

Alright, that makes sense. I remember something like that happening a few days ago. Thank you. I'm going to try and solder that wire back onto the connector pin. But (i'm reluctant to say)my G pen should arrive tomorrow anyway, so i'll be able to vape again soon.

Edit: By iso you mean isopropyl alcohol, right?

GetMoney,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yes, ISO = isopropyl, best to use as close to 100% as you can.

Quetzalcoatl,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom