Need help from other MJ users (medical related)

caseball2051

Well, Ill start off by detailing that I am a college student. I am a junior. I get good grades, not great but good. My GPA is above a 3.0.

Since as long as I can remember, ive always LOVED Mtn Dew. Partly because of my uncle who also drinks it religiously. Since my freshman year in high school I have had a tough time focusing in class. Ive told doctors and my parents that I have some form of ADD and would benefit from some medicinal help. Becuase of my intelligence I was always brushed off as lazy and my good grades made them say that I didnt need help. I got National Honors Society level grades in high school.

In college Ive done equally gradewise but my focus is still lacking. To the point where I tried to get medicinal help again. When i was told the process i deemed it not worth it. (all kinds of different doctors, tests, $) Upon doing my own research I may have found out why I drink so much Mtn Dew; its caffeine content is very high. I noticed myself drinking a mtn dew with HW, before a test, etc.

With my maturing, Ive come to understand Cannabis. There is a difference between being high, and being stoned. With some research I have found how wonderful it can be as a medicine. Ive been testing it as a way to help me focus with great results. My grades are improving, my memory improves, I study more effectively.

I recently bought a launchbox as my first vape. I am loving the experience so much that I would like to get an at home unit. My parents are aware of my use for recreational purposes (fun) but not as an aid (school). I am looking for articles, experiments, information about this sort of medicinal use. I am lobbying to be allowed to use an at home unit inside their house. I always go outside and tehyve never complained or had an issue with it. Its just a respect thing.

I do not live in a MMJ state so I thought that this site might be a valuable resource for information from people that do, or just users in general.

I am doing my own research, but if anyone has any saved articles or pieces thay may help me Id be very grateful.

Sorry for the long post. and thanks in advance.

caseball2051,

caseball2051

if this is posted in teh wrong section can a MOD please repost it in its correct location. I wasnt sure if this was lounge material.

caseball2051,

Beezleb

If your in a medical weed state go see about getting a script for it.

Video about medical weed for add
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj72e5q61Fs

Do a google search of medical weed for add and it will bring up. It can difficult to find medical sources though but if you look at some of the posts from the search it may lead to some papers you can use to help make your case.

Beezleb,

caseball2051

i do not live in a Medical state.

was hopin for some non biased sources. theyre hard to find.

caseball2051,

Beezleb

I think you should look at this from a different perspective. If I understand correctly you are looking for sources to help convince your parents to allow you to use medical weed for an issue that you appear to have self diagnosed.

Now I am not saying you incorrect nor am I saying you are correct but I would start first by getting a medical opinion that you indeed have the issue. Otherwise I think you are trying to argue on a subject that perhaps they may feel is not warranted. If this is the case, define the issue by getting a medical opinion that you have an issue.

That is if I understand you correctly. Keep in mind, asking your parents to allow you to do this in some states could end up in a worse case scenario and end up costing them far more than you may realize now. I would interject and caution that you do not come off as uncaring to that issue as that might turn them off on the subject as a whole. Life is less complex when you live on your own is all I can say and I wish you the best of luck.

As far as I know, their are not matter of fact hands down end of the story study that wholly gives weed the winning argument on medical weed on a scientific perspective that will eliminate nay sayers. Their is always another story and if your up against negative views I do not believe quoting some paper or study is realistically going to assist you.

Beezleb,

caseball2051

yeah i dont think it will help much either. If it were that easy, every state would have medical already.

Thanks for the words beez. Im probably just going to go through ordering it and not bother trying to have it being accepted or not. I only live there 3 months a year anyway, with random weekends in betwee nwhen i come home from school.

caseball2051,

Beezleb

If you keep it in incognito I would imagine they would never know.

The vapes keep the smell down nicely and when combined with the such classics like used dryer sheets in a bag that exhale into it would be extremely difficult to detect.

Beezleb,

caseball2051

yeah i mean ive used my launchbox in teh house a couple of times and used dryer sheets inside a poland spring water bottle and its been effective.

but with the increased effeciency it worries me. Its not like theyd kick me out or anything, but it would be disrespectful.

caseball2051,

Monsoon

Just going from your description of the situation, do you really have to convince your parents that much? You said they have no issue with your recreational use, so using it to study would seem better. And as far as studies are concerned, the most important thing is that it helps you. If your grades improve or at least don't drop, that should be all the proof they need (in an ideal world anyway).

Also, have you decided on a vaporizer yet? I'm also curious about what strains you find most beneficial from your tests.

Monsoon,
Top Bottom