Need Help Deciding on a Portable Vaporizer!

youknowmysteez

I have been doing research on which vaporizer will suit my needs best, which has only served to confuse me more. While this will be the first vaporizer I myself have purchased, I have experience with several (Pax, volcano, MFLB, and a couple others I can't remember the names for). Since doing my research, I have narrowed it down to several options. I will strictly be using this vape for flower. My needs for the vaporizer are portability, discreetness and quality/durability. My budget is <$200, but as a college student, the cheaper the better. I am looking strictly at battery-powered. I would want the product to burn nice and even. Definitely session style rather than demand style, as I typically smoke with 1-2 others. With that said, a larger oven is more desirable so I can go out without worrying about having to refill the chamber. The longer the battery life the better.

My options:
Pax 2: I am familiar with this and love how discreet and portable it is. The only quarrels I have with it though are it’s at the upper limit of my price range, uses conduction rather than convection, and the fact that I have heard about the battery life worsening rather quickly.

Arizer Air: I have heard many good things about this from the internet, though I’ve never used one. Once again, it is a bit pricey, and the chamber oven seems rather small. Also, the fact that it requires a glass mouthpiece is a big knock on portability.

G Pen Elite: This seems like it fits my needs perfectly, but I have heard many negative things about Grenco as a whole. It checks off the portability, discreetness, and large chamber boxes, along with having a pretty good battery life. I worry about how this piece will hold up, however, as Grenco has been known to use cheap parts.

Boundless CF: Good price point, but the shape is not necessarily desired (I prefer more of a stick shape). I’ve heard good reviews about it, but worry about the abundance of plastic on the device. Also worry that I may accidentally overcharge since there isn’t a battery indicator.

V2 Pro Series 7: Don’t know too much about this but it fits several of my requirements. Have heard it doesn’t burn flower as well as strictly herbal vapes.

Alfa Goboof: Heard good things about this one as well, but again the shape is less desirable than others. Also, at the upper end of my price range.

Flowermate Mini V5.0s: Cheap, portable and easy. I do worry about the quality of the vapor, and have heard about the foul taste. I wonder if this is too cheap and I’ll just be looking to upgrade relatively soon.

XMAX v2 Pro: Small and portable. Cheap. Not to sure about quality, chamber size and battery life though.

I am also considering just waiting a month for the Boundless CFC to release, since that seems like the vape that best suits all of my needs (though it could be absolute garbage).

Just looking for your guys opinions on what vape you think suits me best, or if there’s any other vape I am overlooking. Let me know what you think, and feel free to ask me questions if I wasn’t specific enough. Thanks in advance!

TL;DR- Looking for a vape that is portable, discreet and efficient. <$200. Battery-powered, session style. Good battery and decent sized chamber. Strictly flower use.

youknowmysteez,

Jethro

All I can comment on are the Pax and the Air. Actually I have a Solo and an OG Pax, but I feel qualified to answer on those due to the similarity. The Pax does not toast evenly at all. It is the one vape I have used that requires a lot of stirring. 3 times per bowl in my opinion to get it all toasted evenly. The Solo is one of the most evenly toasting vapes I have used. I don't know if the Air is the same as far as the battery, but the Solo can go 10 minutes before powering off, which makes it a great session vape. The Pax gets hot, I don't like to session with it usually because someone tends to bogart the thing and not puff puff pass, so I have to be the bad guy and say "hit it or pass it" because it burns constantly. The Solo does not get affected the same way. The Solo is also conduction but I do feel it's got a lot of convection qualities about it. My advice out of those two alone is the Air, it's under your budget and better for session use.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I would want the product to burn nice and even. Definitely session style rather than demand style, as I typically smoke with 1-2 others. With that said, a larger oven is more desirable so I can go out without worrying about having to refill the chamber. The longer the battery life the better.
Let me add the Firewood to your list! It's not available right now, but v4 should be coming out within the next week or so.
  • on-demand yet sessionable convection
  • relatively small herb capsules, but you can preload several to carry around and swap
  • thorough extraction with no stirring required
  • light and easy cleaning/maintenance
  • easily replaceable 18650 battery
  • simple optional cooling unit

friedrich,
Reactions: j-bug

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
My friend has used a lot of units and swears by the Arizer Air. I always point people towards the Solo/Air as they have proven track-records, loads of users that like them and they are reasonably priced imo for their performance.

blackstone

Seeing as price is a big part of it, just said I'd make you aware that there was a slight drop on the Pax2 lately on the release of Pax3, so make sure you're weighing it up at the updated price,
Also there is a great offer on the Air from Planetvape Canada for us members on here, check in the site sponsor links. They throw in a battery, maybe more, and the Canada dollar was reasonable a while back.

And just to mention the Weeke Fenix or there are cheaper versions now too.
If plastic construction, taste or smell is a concern I'd try and get the more expensive Air or Pax2. I cant comment on the Fenix or Gpen elite, but I know the Arizer products get very little complaints of anything like that, only good to be said about them.
I bought a secondhand Solo over a year ago as I became fed up of cheap crap and wondering how much was vape and how much was plastic fumes coming out of it!
And even though I got a new Mighty since, I still have great respect for what the Solo does and wouldn't dream of selling it. It's just that kind of product and it doesn't stand me much having got it cheap.
I see people selling more Airs than Solos secondhand now, wonder why? Maybe the Solo is the one for you!! (also check @PlanetVape prices on this one) But I've always wanted an Air too for it's nice size.
I was like you at the start and the two piece construction and glass part was a slight turn off, but you get the hang of it, and you can get black glass or wood if the glass looks too much for you.
In fact one of the only benefits of the Mighty over Solo is that it stays together as a one piece once its assembled. The taste can be better from my Solo, and the Arizer portables are said to be stronger than some much dearer premium vapes, but as a slight flipside can be a tiny amount harsher or require lower temps. due imo to the lack of vapor condensation and users general proximity to the heat of the action.
A little extra harshness is probably a good thing for those who are trying to FC! imo

Having said all that, unknown discreetness could be achieved with these new fast heat up vapes (FF2, GH, Fenix, CF).
But don't get too hung up on it, you'll be in a better position to know what you want after a year owning any one of the above! And they probably all work quite well, that's the main cause of VAS you know ha ha!

blackstone,
Reactions: Creeper
Top Bottom