Need help choosing first convection vape

Shibaz

Hello! I've gotten a lot of help just reading the forum--in fact, I learned what to look for in a vape here, and was able to dump my first purchase (crappy pen that never really worked) to a Hip Vap. It's been great, and thanks to the forum I got it from Puffitup, so when it stopped working last week I was able to get their fabulous customer service, and I'm returning the vape, still under warranty for repair. Yay!

However, it occurs to me this is a good time to move on to another vape, and I'm looking at the convection styles (or convection + conduction) now.

After much research, I'm feeling a bit stuck. I really can't afford more than $250, so some of the higher end vapes are not for me, but with some discounts, looks like I still have a fair amount of choice. I also much prefer to vape outside, so I need a portable. I use mostly dry herb (and will have the repaired hipvap if I go with a wax).

I've had the little vape for a year, but am still very much a newbie. (Like I'm interested in water tools, but don't even really know how they work yet!) I know I prefer an easier draw, and too short of battery life will drive me nuts. I also like a vape with decent temp control. Now that I've narrowed it down, I'm really uncertain of the advantages/disadvantages of these guys.

These are the ones I'm considering so far:

Boundless CFV: I'm a bit confused by the difference in some of these Boundless vapes. Also considered the Boundless CFX Hybrid, which is a good price now. Good price and people seem to like them?

Haze 2: like the looks and the warranty, and the fact that it has options for convection/conduction. High on my list right now.

These two below are ones I'm really a bit puzzled by. People like them, but are there particular advantages/disadvantages to these two below?

Solo 2

Arizer Air (only $169 right now): Is this convection? I couldn't tell.

I'm open to other suggestions too. I usually vape alone, and good flavor would be nice. Don't care about clouds. Thanks!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
- CFV / SwiftPro (same vape different branding) is quite good but battery life is super low.
- CFH is conduction + 510 port for e-cigs, not bad but the conduction part will not be a big change over the HipVap and the 510 part is more limited than a dedicated box mod (which you can get between $20 an $40 shipped with more options)
- Haze 2 is good, but I think the convection/conduction part is a gimmick, it's mostly conduction
- Air is conduction, Solo 1 was deemed the same by many, I think Solo 2 is similar to Air?

Now that you have experience with vapor, I would recommend one of the on-demand convection units:
- MistVape Touch
- Milaana
- Firewood 4
- Tubo evic

All 4 have swappable cells, big power, free flowing, excellent taste, pair with vapor tools... and all inside your budget!

Shibaz

Thanks for your suggestions! I was impatient, as I always am, and ended up ordering the Haze 3. What I have learned from that is that this is such a huge improvement that I think I'm only just really understanding how superior vaping is.

Only just got it today, so this is the test run on it, but damn! On convection mode, this is light years better than my little hip vap!

And I think I'm already catching VAS. I can already tell I need another, and probably an on-demand type this time. Thinking about a vapcap, or the sticky brick junior (I have credit at PIU, so I'm going on what they have.

little maggie

The Haze 3 is a good choice. I think the vapcap is a great choice for on demand because it's so modular. If you like it you can always order some different stems or other parts. Like a long thin stem that cools or a nonavong stem for water that are interchangeable. If you have credit, I recommend that you skip getting the M and get one of the ti ones. The M and the original are not modular so not interchageable. There are some here who make great stems you might want to check out later.

little maggie,
Top Bottom