Need help choosing a portable vaporizer

Kryptonstratos

Considering making a new Splinter Z vs Iheat thread. Having a tough time with this. The whole joint sizes/compatibility thing is a bit confusing to me. 18/18, 19/19, 19/22 etc. Curious what sort of ways I would be able to benefit by going with a custom unit

Kryptonstratos,

little maggie

OP stated he wanted to load 0.25, not just enough to cover the screen. As depth would exceed bowl diameter several stirs would likely be required to achieve full extraction
Then wouldn't all the 18mm stems need stirring- unless using caps?

little maggie,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
dosing capsule
I don’t use dosing caps, only basket screens. That said, if you have for example a Splinter stem and you press a rimless basket screen down into the stem to create a larger herb chamber you will have to stir. The same could be said for any whip vapes, at least that is my experience. If packed to deep, then stir OR choose not to stir and have stronger ABV.

YaMon,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
1. Pax 3 - small and discreet
2. Ghost - a lil bigger and discreet
3. Dynavap - got bring torch, unbreakable almost
Would this 1,2, 3 be in response to my suggestion to the OP, that no one vape satisfies all? If so this would be my list:
1) Palmable portable; Davinci IQ or Arizer ArGo (I prefer vapes with open standard 1865 user swappable batteries.
2) Splinter Z on 2-3 battery box mod in TC mode with XL8R cooling stem
3) NewVape FlowerPot!

sickmanfraud

Would this 1,2, 3 be in response to my suggestion to the OP, that no one vape satisfies all? If so this would be my list:
1) Palmable portable; Davinci IQ or Arizer ArGo (I prefer vapes with open standard 1865 user swappable batteries.
2) Splinter Z on 2-3 battery box mod in TC mode with XL8R cooling stem
3) NewVape FlowerPot!

I don't have one, but I thought the Flowerpot was a desktop?

As far as small portables I am more impressed with my POTV One every time I use it. (although no swappable batteries).

@YaMon, my friend I am not sure how "portable" a 2-3 battery mod with a Splinter Z and an XL8R stem would be. There are times I feel like I have a light-saber in my hand when I use the whole "system". GREAT vape, but not as compact as some choices.

@Kryptonstratos to answer your original question, you need to see if @Alan has an iHeat completed in wood variety that appeals to you or you could need to wait on his list. If you can't wait the Splinter Z is not a "second choice" but an alternative first choice.

Another consideration is that @Alan (iHeat inventor) provides more consistent help and repairs than many other vape companies.

If you are new to vaping or just want a really compact vape the POTC One is impressive to me.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I don't have one, but I thought the Flowerpot was a desktop?

As far as small portables I am more impressed with my POTV One every time I use it. (although no swappable batteries).

@YaMon, my friend I am not sure how "portable" a 2-3 battery mod with a Splinter Z and an XL8R stem would be. There are times I feel like I have a light-saber in my hand when I use the whole "system". GREAT vape, but not as compact as some choices.

@Kryptonstratos to answer your original question, you need to see if @Alan has an iHeat completed in wood variety that appeals to you or you could need to wait on his list. If you can't wait the Splinter Z is not a "second choice" but an alternative first choice.

Another consideration is that @Alan (iHeat inventor) provides more consistent help and repairs than many other vape companies.

If you are new to vaping or just want a really compact vape the POTC One is impressive to me.
FlowerPot is definitely a desktop, just was narrowing what I know down to three that would for me cover all the bases. The light saber combo (Splinter Z, XL8R and 2-3 Battery Mod) is my power portable. Sure it is not discrete and no it is not pocketable, but if I want a power vape with great flavor and do not want to pack up the FlowerPot it’s my go to.

The POTC could certainly be the palmable portable, but as you acknowledged, I prefer vapes with open source 18650 batteries I may swap. Although, I violated my own rules and bought a Vivant Ambit recently. For the discounted early price it fills a great niche for me and at that price I could have it ceased or toss it if in a jam and not get all broken up about it. (Fuck prohibition and worrying about this crap)

The FlowerPot, well that’s an I entirely different story.:love:

Last edited:

stinkytofus

Pax 3
Ghost mv1
Da vinci iq

Best three portables on the go, ghost being the heaviest but also easiest one to change out herbs with crucibles

stinkytofus,

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Excellent choice looking forward to your perceptions.
I am leaning in the same direction just can’t decide on which version of splinter.

hans solo,
Top Bottom