need cool light oriented gift ideas.

weedemon

enthusiast
so last night i was preparing for my SSV arrival and i was cleaning the old bong. it's a cool little transparent green and white polka dot pattern bong with a zong style kink in the neck. it was really dirty and hadn't been used in over a month. blah blah blah sorry guys... vaked...

so i had cleaned it and had rice in it trying to polish it out on the inside where the iso hadn't worked well. my gf was shaking it for a bit as we were watching tv. anyways she was shining a light though it and commented on how much she liked the slight show on the ceiling. we talked about it and she had never seen a lava lamp either.

I used to have this think that was lil a lava lamp but it has hexagon glitter in it and it sent off cool reflections all over.

so i got an idea.

i am looking for a gift for her that will put on a light show for us. lava lamp, my glitter lamp thing etc... i'm sure a lot more of these things exist. was thinking the FC community might know a thing or 2 about the chilled lighting situation? :D

any ideas welcomed!!

thanks!

weedemon,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
My father adored a little fiber optic xmas tree so much he tried leaving it up year round. I bought him one of the fiber optic sprays to stare at during the non-holiday part of the year ROFL! He ADORED it and stared at it a lot...he was a drinker, not a stoner though lol.

This looks like one I got my dad:
http://www.amazon.com/Westminster-Revolving-Multi-Color-Fiberoptic-Light/dp/B002GD16Q6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1301427730&sr=1-4

Not sure how much you want to spend but they have those doodads that project stars and laser light shows on ceilings, course I assume the nicer ones might be pricey. Search: Laser Projectors

Lo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
i have a light in my bedroom that fits in a standard light bulb socket, its LED, and has a remote....and it only uses 5 watts..

r16_e27_5w1_version_3_eaglelight_leds_with_remote.jpg

where I bought it said:
Description
This is a remarkable color changing bulb. It can display almost any color and comes with an easy to use remote control.

* 15 colors as well as white with 1 second flash between colors, 3 second strobe between colors, fast fade between colors, smooth fade between colors and dimmer
* RGB 5 watt color LED
* It produces 130 lumens of light.
* Operates in standard light sockets worldwide (from 100 - 240 volts AC).
* Contains NO mercury like compact fluorescent lights.
* Precision machined and unconditionally guaranteed for one year
* High brightness LED lighting technology
* Advance heat management technology
* Batteries included in remote control
* Safe Operation : Equips with fuse and flame retardant plastics
* Waterproof protection : IP 59

Specifications

* Bulb Shape: PAR16
* Base Type: E27 standard screw-in base
* Brightness: 130 lumens
* Energy Consumption: 5 watts
* Replaces up to a: 15 watt incandescent bulb
* Voltage: 100-240VAC
* Color: RGB Full Color
* Beam Angle: 60 degrees
* Operating Temp: -20C to 50C (-4F to 122F)
* Storage Temp: -10C to 50C (14F to 122F)
* Avg. Life: 20,000 hours
* Lens types: clear
* Diameter: 1.97in (50mm)
* Length: 3.54in (90mm)
* Weight: 8 Ounces
* IP Rating: IP 59

costs between 30 and 50 USD depending on model...some have a wider area that the light projects...

the company, eaglelight, has many other led specialty lights, led mood lighting strips w/without remote...

ive used mine daily, sometimes forgetting it on at night, etc...never had an issue.

it is in the ceiling in the center of my room, and at night, i can use even the dimmest white setting for packing bowls, without it being too bright....

and it is AWESOME to blow your vape hits into!

I leave it on fast fade between all colors when vaping.

this is there 'specialty led products page', they also make replacements for any lights, that are low power using leds...

Purpl3_Haz3,

weedemon

enthusiast
those fiber optic things are cool too! i remember those :p

very cool man thanks for the info! :) i will check it out tomorrow! love the vape addition. we have led Christmas lights strung up on the ceiling and i use those for bowl packing light. but this sounds like it mgh be a welcome addition :p

weedemon,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
weedemon said:
those fiber optic things are cool too! i remember those :p

very cool man thanks for the info! :) i will check it out tomorrow! love the vape addition. we have led Christmas lights strung up on the ceiling and i use those for bowl packing light. but this sounds like it mgh be a welcome addition :p

I have Christmas lights too, honestly don't remember when I last used em...

Also, I've had it since around last September, and it DOES get used daily....it also makes alot of things look really cool...I'll post some pics tomorrow of different objects under it....in certain color settings, different objects in my room will pop with vibrance.

Purpl3_Haz3,

crawdad

floatin
my kids made covers for some basic clear candle holders by water coloring some paper and then wrapping it. i put tea lights at the bottom of each and the flickering of the light is nothing short of awesome when its the only light in the room. each moving in its on chaotic brilliance.

here are some that are somewhat behind some small brown bottles i found in the woods one day.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the link provided (led) is really interesting, any video or pictures available of it in action?

crawdad,

GreenLeaf

Get a liquid projector.

My friend had one and we had fun looking at it in the dark while we were tripping on mushrooms.

GreenLeaf,
Top Bottom