Need a nice, good value herb grinder to use with Cloud Evo vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend the best value little grinder?

Also, I want to copyright and patent this idea if it doesn't exist, so uh, copyright and patent intellectual property CloudyReality... but what about a little circular grinder that also comes with its own tube sticking out perpendicular from the top that then lets you pour the herb directly out from the grinder into a small chamber? You could even have a little switch on the outside of the circular base that closes a hole to the tube while you're grinding, so that nothing leaks, and then you flip the switch and open up the tube to pour out the herb.

Are there any like this in existence so I don't have to pour the ground herb onto a piece of paper before putting it into the chamber?

Socks And Sandals

My 4 piece SCS works great for me! Just remember grinding upside down is going to get things much finer than they would if you used it upright!
4Li7V7b.jpg

I0FxIHA.jpg

And this is where I stand now with kief after roughly 2 months!
5uIYGuz.jpg

Just a little something to look forward to down the line! ;)

hoptimum

Can anyone recommend the best value little grinder?

Also, I want to copyright and patent this idea if it doesn't exist, so uh, copyright and patent intellectual property CloudyReality... but what about a little circular grinder that also comes with its own tube sticking out perpendicular from the top that then lets you pour the herb directly out from the grinder into a small chamber? You could even have a little switch on the outside of the circular base that closes a hole to the tube while you're grinding, so that nothing leaks, and then you flip the switch and open up the tube to pour out the herb.

Are there any like this in existence so I don't have to pour the ground herb onto a piece of paper before putting it into the chamber?

In my experience ground herb tends to clump, so I doubt it would flow out very easily. I could be wrong.

hoptimum,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
The EVO does not require a fine grind. I use a Santa Cruz Shredder and love it. Much better than the Space Case, Sweet Leaf, and other grinders I've used previously. I find the nice fluffy grind from the SCS is perfect for both the EVO and Crafty/Mighty.

I personally prefer the large SCS 4 piece grinder. I have a medium 3 piece, but it doesn't get as much use. The larger size allows for more room in between the teeth, so you don't have to break the bud up into as small of pieces to get it all down in there. Just me personal preference though.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
The evo's elb's would not like it mflb fine, which is like powder.
You sure this is the Nano, not the Finishing Grinder... which does make powder.

I have no experience with the deeper elb's though, only going from the shorter basket screens used in the EQ, so I defer to your experience.

twosilvertrees

lose the planetary mindset
Adding a third vote in for the SCS. It's not a cheap grinder but you're paying for some real quality, and it's likely the only grinder you're going to need for a while. Think of it as investing more up front so you'll spend less down the road :). I use it upside down (with the keif catch removed, of course!) and I find it grinds the herb to a fine, fluffy consistency without pulverizing it into powder -- which, as others have stated, is a little too fine for the EVO. I've got a medium 4-piece and I love it!

Thanks for the responses everyone! I went to SSC shredder site and they have many different sizes. What size would be ideal for the size of the evo chamber or just in general?

Just checked the site again and by sizes, I actually mean "2 piece," "3 piece," "4 piece."

Last edited:

spoutti

Larger size grinder are smoother to operate. Some say the small one can be hard to operate. I have the medium scs and find it smooth to grind. The only reason I would buy a large one would be to grind more than 1g at a time.

spoutti,
Reactions: hoptimum

Socks And Sandals

Adding a third vote in for the SCS. It's not a cheap grinder but you're paying for some real quality, and it's likely the only grinder you're going to need for a while. Think of it as investing more up front so you'll spend less down the road :). I use it upside down (with the keif catch removed, of course!) and I find it grinds the herb to a fine, fluffy consistency without pulverizing it into powder -- which, as others have stated, is a little too fine for the EVO. I've got a medium 4-piece and I love it!

I also remove the bottom portion when grinding upside down as to avoid anything that is in there falling back down to the top. While the kief really doesn't move a whole lot, I'm sure it's better if we don't disturb it by keeping it attached. There is definitely a major difference between grinding upside down vs. rightside up. Rightside up IMO is more fluffy looking and is noticeably a less finer grind than upside down. Still though, I always believed that the finer the better when it comes to vaping!

I gotta ask though, wasn't the SCS really designed to be loaded on the top and used rightside up though? Not that it matters a whole lot but still?:hmm:

Thanks for the responses everyone! I went to SSC shredder site and they have many different sizes. What size would be ideal for the size of the evo chamber or just in general?

Just checked the site again and by sizes, I actually mean "2 piece," "3 piece," "4 piece."

There are only Mini, Small and Large. A small is tad over 2'inches in diameter and absolutely perfect for general use especially for just one person. I've never used a large or Mini but I can assure you, my small grinder (pictured above) is super smooth with no friction! As far as what kind of a grinder, I'm just going to throw my opinion out there and say either a 3 or 4 piece. The only difference really is that the 3 piece is for people who don't care about the keif collector and want all their goodies all at once while a 4 piece actually has one. Basically that's about it.

One thing I noticed is that they changed the hole designs in their newer grinders judging from their website. If you compare the holes (the Mini's have like ovals and are way too large IMO) in my pics above and the ones on the site, You'll see what I mean. Also there is talk that the newer SCS have more coarser screens than previous versions. I posted pics of my kief in the grinder thread and other members thought I had herb mixed in with my kief! I personally look at it as a good thing since I'm getting so much visible kief, but others prefer the finer screens of the older models.

I dunno I'm just rambling on from what I've heard from others members here in the grinder thread. In the end, I would suggest a small 4 or 3 piece depending on if you want to harvest the kief or not. I love my Matte Green but I tell you, If I ever wanted to get another one, It would be a small or large 3 piece.. and definitely that sexy GUN METAL!:cool:

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: Roth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom