Need a good IceCream recipe

Vapenstien's Monster

I am looking to use some trim to make cannabis ice-cream... does anyone out there know of a good,... possibly easy recipe?

Vapenstien's Monster,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
I would think you could adapt pretty much any ice cream recipe for cannabis. I would just heat whatever cream mixture is recommended with the finely ground herb, then strain and proceed as per the recipe.

That being said, I've never made ice cream before, I am just guessing. ~seems right tho~

still looking for that ice cream cookbook that i never used 10 years ago when i got it.

herbgirl,

Vapenstien's Monster

I did it! I did it! I did it!
Can you tell I am pretty excited?

I made a bunch of ice cream over the weekend and have come up with a pretty good plan. You may feel your arteries harden as you eat it but it is divine.

take 1.5 oz trim
1/2 gallon milk
1/2 gallon half & Half
1 pint heavy cream
2 sticks unsalted butter

heat them all together
DO NOT BOIL
heat right around 200F for 15 minutes or so.
strain off the plant matter

now you have an infused slurry that is very strong.
Let it cool in the fridge overnight and try not to use it on your cereal in the morning. (*I do think the slurry would be good in coffee or other dishes that require dairy)

I used the slurry in place of the liquid to put into my ice cream maker ( $19 at wal-mart)
They also sell a powdered mix near the ice cream makers. They come in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, may have been more but I wanted to get with the ice cream makin' and not stand around wally world.

First batch I added some green food color, Andes mint pieces and a teaspoon of mint extract

Second batch I used chocolate only

The machine did it's job. **note**When making ice cream with a machine that requires you add ice and salt,.. don't be stingy with either the ice or the salt. I had some very strong ice cream. I would say 3 or 4 spoonfuls was plenty,.. but I had to overdo it and eat a whole cone. Wound up sleeping 14 hours.
Next time I am going to use half slurry half milk and see if it isn't quite so strong.

I think the dosing and finding out the exact amounts is going to be the most fun of the process.
very very easy to make. great results and what a novel way to eat your herbs!!! Yumma dum dum

Vapenstien's Monster,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
^^^^^^^LOVE IT! ARTERIES BE DAMNED^^^^^^^

glad you were so successful with it ~ thanks for sharing!

herbgirl,
Top Bottom