Need a break from the old routine.

Ansel

I've started to become dependent on vaping and suffering from about one panic attack a week now, occasionally more. The thing is the panic was only lasting until i had vaped then it started to dissapear.

Ansel,

Ansel

Doesn't matter what kind. It's the act of taking the time to make it that is the most important. Very meditative and calming. Make your tea. Take it someplace peaceful with a note pad, and think about your life and the positive changes you would like to make.

good advice. thanks.

Ansel,

OO

Technical Skeptical
There are many types of therapy to deal with what you are describing, try finding out the trigger of the panic attacks, and slowly exposing yourself to the trigger bit by bit until you can overcome the obstacle.

Meditation also helps, specifically with regards to imagining how you will deal with the trigger.

Be very careful that you don't become reliant on vaping to relieve the panic, as that will surely lead to addiction/dependence, especially if you experience physical pain as a result of the panic attack.

OO,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have had a couple of "troubling" things since I started with MMJ... but, I do understand them.

When I use MMJ, my anxiety level drops, and so do my "filters" and blocks. When the MMJ wears off, I might feel angry or upset. Not usually, but if something has surfaced.

This is very, very similar to the effects of an extended meditation session - I have done a few 10-day Vipassana meditation retreats - where old, mostly forgotten trauma can silently make its way to the surface. A couple of times, I had old anger rise up, blow up, and then just melt away. In Vipassana, the phrase "it arises, and passes away" is used in the teachings, constantly.

I try to keep in mind that it will arise, then pass away.

Enchantre,

BeardedCrow

I love your avatar!

Not sure what it is, my GF watches these YouTube videos for meditating and usually has that symbol on the videos.

The guitar sound OM is very relaxing.

Anyways, I suffer from anxiety and I found breathing deep and slow helps most panic attacks for me.

BeardedCrow,

Ansel

hey guys, thanks a lot for understanding... i'm taking a break from vaping and drinking yerba mate tea instead for the moment. will see how it goes.

rking

just a suggestion if you are seeking a calm or mellow state try a diffrent drink than yerba. Yerba mate is very energetic and it's going to boost your system up. i love yerba have the gourd and all but if anxiety is an issue try not drinking it for a while. have you had rooibos tea? I get anxiety alot too and it can be hard to cope without crutches but you can do it :)

Top Bottom