Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Im glad you finally agree with me that they are obviously different, thats all I was saying. add chromium, get a ruby, no chromium, sapphire. Different ingredients, different gems. Going in circles for no reason.

Nobody has even mentioned what you are talking about. I specifically discussed the thermal properties and physical composition + structure.

Could you quote my post where I mentioned anything about chromium, I would be interested in seeing it.

No confusion on my part, I understand what the difference is between things.

Do you? Yesterday you were having a hard time understanding an insert drop is an uptemp hit.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Danksta

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Would Ruby change or enhance the taste of the dab? The ruby allegedly radiates heat different from the sapphire and allows for slightly improved vaporization which is stated on the website from Nautilus. Does the extra heat enhance the flavor?

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Nobody has even mentioned what you are talking about. I specifically discussed the thermal properties and physical composition + structure.

Could you quote my post where I mentioned anything about chromium, I would be interested in seeing it.

Do you? Yesterday you were having a hard time understanding an insert drop is an uptemp hit.

The ONLY thing I'm talking about/quoting of yours is that their composition is the same.

So physical composition /= the actual materials that make up the item? Is this what youre saying??

That has LITERALLY been exactly my singular argument. To me, "composition" means "ingredients" or "components that make up whatever". By definition, a Ruby and Sapphire are differentiated by their impurities, therefor their ingredients and composition are DEFINED AS DIFFERENT.......WTF is confusing about this??? Why the endless circles?!?!?! How did you feel I was saying you mentioned chromium?? If you had, you'd just be reinforcing my argument.

And even if I was to call a ruby a sapphire, Id still know that is no guarantee thermal or material properties would be the same. Read the wiki on aluminum oxide (lab grown saph material) and the part on structure, clearly states their are several crystalline structures with differing properties. The fact CCAs saph inserts have come in at least 2 significantly different weights for the exact same size and both being sapphire reinforce this, as does dnails saphs being obviously a third different type. In the future Im just gonna let you generalize your definitions how you want, I appreciate your knowledge and additions to the board but sometimes I think we are speaking different languages unnecessarily.

Im not going to bother replying to this thread anymore on this as I see no value in continuing an argue on semantics yet again.

One way or the other, Im still stoked to see these in the wild and how they perform.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
By definition, a Ruby and Sapphire are differentiated by their impurities, therefor their ingredients and composition are DEFINED AS DIFFERENT

By the GIA yes, but their composition is chemically identified as being Al203. That's all I was ever saying.

And even if I was to call a ruby a sapphire

A pink sapphire's molecular formula is very close to a red ruby. The coloring is less than 5% of the molecular weight.

One way or the other, Im still stoked to see these in the wild and how they perform.

Agreed! :peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Would Ruby change or enhance the taste of the dab? The ruby allegedly radiates heat different from the sapphire and allows for slightly improved vaporization which is stated on the website from Nautilus. Does the extra heat enhance the flavor?

Just a guess but I would estimate the darker hue and the way it turns nearly black when torching means it will absorb more heat in the same amount of time.

hotruby.jpg

Kind of like cooking the same dish in a shiny pan vs a dark seasoned pan.

A torched dab can never give the same kind of low temp hit an enail provides though.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Now do we know if these are made to order with 4-6 week lead time? That is how i am reading it. Pre-sale part threw me off.

"Please be aware that our manufacturing time for the R.E.M Gem Adapters may range from 4-6 weeks from the beginning of the adapters being crafted to us receiving them and shipping them out to you. "

Shooby,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Now do we know if these are made to order with 4-6 week lead time? That is how i am reading it. Pre-sale part threw me off.

"Please be aware that our manufacturing time for the R.E.M Gem Adapters may range from 4-6 weeks from the beginning of the adapters being crafted to us receiving them and shipping them out to you. "

That what it sound like to me as well.
Ruby spheres anyone?:

https://www.instagram.com/crypticculture/

:leaf:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Didn't realize they made a fully opaque quartz insert, that's interesting.

They are making a lot of inserts for the Puffco Peak. I think the opaque quartz insert is made for that. I like it. More inserts for us!!! Just ordered a 25mm Joel Halen Bucket instead of the Gavel. Looking for a nice 30mm too but what i really want is a quartz banger that fits the 30mm CCA inserts. I just dont want a cheap china made one and most 35mm dont tell you how thick the walls are.

alittledabwilldoya'

Didn't realize they made a fully opaque quartz insert, that's interesting.

I have seen opaque inserts for the Peak, but I think the inserts were rather small.
The seller of the ruby spheres (Cryptic Culture) is also selling fairly large opaque quartz inserts:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/591342110/30mm-full-opaque-quartz-insert-by?ref=shop_home_active_2

23.5mm wide, 16.6mm tall

They are making a lot of inserts for the Puffco Peak. I think the opaque quartz insert is made for that. I like it. More inserts for us!!! Just ordered a 25mm Joel Halen Bucket instead of the Gavel. Looking for a nice 30mm too but what i really want is a quartz banger that fits the 30mm CCA inserts. I just dont want a cheap china made one and most 35mm dont tell you how thick the walls are.

I would also like to find a a quartz banger that would fit the CCA 30mm inserts.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I have seen opaque inserts for the Peak, but I think the inserts were rather small.
The seller of the ruby spheres (Cryptic Culture) is also selling fairly large opaque quartz inserts:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/591342110/30mm-full-opaque-quartz-insert-by?ref=shop_home_active_2

23.5mm wide, 16.6mm tall

I would also like to find a a quartz banger that would fit the CCA 30mm inserts.

23.5mm must be for a 30mm quartz banger. I may try one later once its more popular. I rather save my money, wait and get one of these 18mm sapphires.

As for those ruby ball inserts, how does those work? put them in before and dab off of both ruby and quartz? is it just to tell you ur dab is ready? Maybe im just way too stoned now to comprehend the ruby balls.

Im still trying to find a quartz banger. First, i was trying to find one that was 35mm so i can use a MiniNail coil. But August said he can make any size i want but it may cost more if its not 35mm or 40mm. Does anyone make custom bangers?

alittledabwilldoya'

23.5mm must be for a 30mm quartz banger. I may try one later once its more popular. I rather save my money, wait and get one of these 18mm sapphires.

As for those ruby ball inserts, how does those work? put them in before and dab off of both ruby and quartz? is it just to tell you ur dab is ready? Maybe im just way too stoned now to comprehend the ruby balls.

Im still trying to find a quartz banger. First, i was trying to find one that was 35mm so i can use a MiniNail coil. But August said he can make any size i want but it may cost more if its not 35mm or 40mm. Does anyone make custom bangers?

I bet Evan Shore would make customs, but I doubt they would be cheap.
I was thinking that one could send the quartz blower a SiC or Obsidian insert for fitting.

As far as the ruby spheres go, I think that one places it in the dish/insert prior to heating.
Then dab as normal, but your bubble-cap/directional cap will push the sphere around the dish for added surface area, agitation and nucleation points.

And it looks cool.
Probably not the easiest for cleaning / multiple dabs though?

I hadn't thought of the temperature induced color change.
These ruby spheres come from a different company than the one making the ruby inserts.
I'm not sure if the temp induced color change is a general property of all lab grown ruby.

Thinking that one could get a few and put in a Halo for a sweet set of "dab-bearings".

:science:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I bet Evan Shore would make customs, but I doubt they would be cheap.
I was thinking that one could send the quartz blower a SiC or Obsidian insert for fitting.

As far as the ruby spheres go, I think that one places it in the dish/insert prior to heating.
Then dab as normal, but your bubble-cap/directional cap will push the sphere around the dish for added surface area, agitation and nucleation points.

And it looks cool.
Probably not the easiest for cleaning / multiple dabs though?

I hadn't thought of the temperature induced color change.
These ruby spheres come from a different company than the one making the ruby inserts.
I'm not sure if the temp induced color change is a general property of all lab grown ruby.

Thinking that one could get a few and put in a Halo for a sweet set of "dab-bearings".

:science:

Evan shores would be expensive but I'm not sure how well the inserts will sit inside them. I believe they have curved corners so the bottom of the insert might not touch. But for like $350, just guessing on what he would charge for a custom banger, I rather not try.

Check out Mayoral Quartz. Pretty sure they do custom.

I even thought about his 40mm banger. If he has thick 4mm walls, it will work out since that would be 8mm total plus the 29.5mm insert leaving only 2.5mm wiggle which is more than I want for a $200+ banger. I'll have to email him.

Ideally would be a 35mm OD with 2mm walls leaving 1.5mm tolerance. I see a couple on DH gate but I rather not buy china.

I may also send wierdeer a msg too. As he made the CCA quartz inserts that are available now. Hoping he would be the cheapest option as I see his bangers going for $150 which isnt even cheap

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
FWIW I don't think the ball bearing type dab inserts are gonna do much with an enail. It does add thermal mass when doing torched dabs, there's a bunch of quirky ones out there but I'd rather just hook a coil up than mess with all that extra gear. Torch dabbing has way too much gear.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Hogni

alittledabwilldoya'

Evan shores would be expensive but I'm not sure how well the inserts will sit inside them. I believe they have curved corners so the bottom of the insert might not touch. But for like $350, just guessing on what he would charge for a custom banger, I rather not try.

I even thought about his 40mm banger. If he has thick 4mm walls, it will work out since that would be 8mm total plus the 29.5mm insert leaving only 2.5mm wiggle which is more than I want for a $200+ banger. I'll have to email him.

Ideally would be a 35mm OD with 2mm walls leaving 1.5mm tolerance. I see a couple on DH gate but I rather not buy china.

I may also send wierdeer a msg too. As he made the CCA quartz inserts that are available now. Hoping he would be the cheapest option as I see his bangers going for $150 which isnt even cheap

I'd like thicker walls, like 3-4mm?
Then there's the issue with finding a proper fitting coil.
Have you looked at the Galaxy Enail 35mm?
Now that I think about it, the walls might be too thick to fit in an 30mm insert.
I hadn't thought about Weirdeer, that may be the best option.

FWIW I don't think the ball bearing type dab inserts are gonna do much with an enail. It does add thermal mass when doing torched dabs, there's a bunch of quirky ones out there but I'd rather just hook a coil up than mess with all that extra gear. Torch dabbing has way too much gear.

Yeah it just reminded me of skate bearings.
Really expensive skate bearings.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Evan Shore wont make me one. Said to use the 36mm Flat Top as it has 2mm walls leaving me 2.5mm tolerance which is more than what i want for $250. Plus, he has to look into whether a coil can wrap around his bangers too. And finding a 36mm custom coil is gonna be a bitch.

Waiting to hear back from Wierdeer and Mayoral on custom. I am really curious on the thickness of the walls on the Mayoral 40mm Banger is. I know Augusthaus can make a 40mm coil easily for this banger too.

I did buy a DHgate China quartz banger for $14. 35mm OD and 2MM walls. I know their tolerance isnt tight so we will see. All Glass banger with sapphire with a enail coil is my ultimate goal!

AND FINALLY!!!! My Kubeone is in UPS's hands. Fuck Yea!

alittledabwilldoya'

Evan Shore wont make me one. Said to use the 36mm Flat Top as it has 2mm walls leaving me 2.5mm tolerance which is more than what i want for $250. Plus, he has to look into whether a coil can wrap around his bangers too. And finding a 36mm custom coil is gonna be a bitch.

Waiting to hear back from Wierdeer and Mayoral on custom. I am really curious on the thickness of the walls on the Mayoral 40mm Banger is. I know Augusthaus can make a 40mm coil easily for this banger too.

I did buy a DHgate China quartz banger for $14. 35mm OD and 2MM walls. I know their tolerance isnt tight so we will see. All Glass banger with sapphire with a enail coil is my ultimate goal!

AND FINALLY!!!! My Kubeone is in UPS's hands. Fuck Yea!

Hoping that banger is a good fit for the Liger inserts.

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: Hogni

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
These REM adapters are NOT made to order. Only available for direct purchase through Nautilus. They are expecting the adapters to arrive in 2-3 weeks. Pre-sale will get theirs first and any remaining will be available.

I may just put a pre-order in on a 24mm sapphire for $400. That should fit nicely inside the 30mm Augusthaus bucket and coil.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Finally got a guy to make me that 35mm quartz flat top banger to fit a 30mm CCA sapphire insert inside and use with an enail coil. That guy, Joel Halen.

He ordered the GE214 quartz rods for the 35mm OD Flat top yesterday he said. The ID should be 32mm leaving roughly 2.5mm of tolerance which is 1mm more than i wanted but closest i can find.

Now for the good news. I do not think he is making me a custom flat top bucket anymore as he is not asking me for the deposit and he already bought the 35x32 quartz rod. At first, he told me i had to put a deposit for him to get the material ordered. But now hes not requesting the deposit. Why is that good news? this could mean he is making a 35mm Halen Bucket to join his 25mm and 32mm Halen Buckets family. Making this available to all. this will take about a month to get completed so ill keep yall updated.

35mm coils are available from MiniNail for those who use Mini XLR connectors and Augusthaus has told me he can get a custom 35mm coil for the D-nail standards. I am not sure who else makes a 35mm coil.

alittledabwilldoya'

Finally got a guy to make me that 35mm quartz flat top banger to fit a 30mm CCA sapphire insert inside and use with an enail coil. That guy, Joel Halen.

He ordered the GE214 quartz rods for the 35mm OD Flat top yesterday he said. The ID should be 32mm leaving roughly 2.5mm of tolerance which is 1mm more than i wanted but closest i can find.

Now for the good news. I do not think he is making me a custom flat top bucket anymore as he is not asking me for the deposit and he already bought the 35x32 quartz rod. At first, he told me i had to put a deposit for him to get the material ordered. But now hes not requesting the deposit. Why is that good news? this could mean he is making a 35mm Halen Bucket to join his 25mm and 32mm Halen Buckets family. Making this available to all. this will take about a month to get completed so ill keep yall updated.

35mm coils are available from MiniNail for those who use Mini XLR connectors and Augusthaus has told me he can get a custom 35mm coil for the D-nail standards. I am not sure who else makes a 35mm coil.

Sweet!

I think that Galaxy-Enail and Disorderly-Conduct both make 35mm coils.
Although I don't think that they have the coil covering the bottom of the banger.

Edit: Here is a video of a ruby sphere doing the temperature induced color change:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BizUmvkn43G/?taken-by=ds480

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Top Bottom