Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

JCat

Accessory Maker
My Pi cap, the tip comes close to touching the ruby insert, but doesn't quite (just short); so it seems about right to me :)

REALLY like my first dab of the ruby insert (with 1 x 5mm and 2 x 3mm beads) ... flavour is definitely better, and most notably lasts better throughout multiple hits as opposed to all being gone in the first. One of the biggest differences is the temp doesn't drop as much when you first start your dab ... when you drop the dab in a quartz insert @ 500F, it drops to the 300's ... with the ruby, I don't think it drops below 400 and is quickly back around 450 ... cleaned up nice I think with the dry q-tip :)

jamesvally

It is worth it to get a ruby insert to use with and enail most of the time? An torch occasionally. I have the chance to get a constant insert for 80$ from a friend.

jamesvally,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It is worth it to get a ruby insert to use with and enail most of the time? An torch occasionally. I have the chance to get a constant insert for 80$ from a friend.

Probably!
Right now I have my Ruby insert in a 25mm clear bottom for torching; and a 25mm opaque with a few Ruby pearls on my Max Vapor enail.

biohacker

It undoubtedly does not touch :)

That's great news, as Shane indicated that the insert would have to be no taller than 14mm in order for the tip of the pi cap tip to not touch the top of the insert, and our rubies are 16mm so that's weird!

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker You need to keep in mind that the caps are hand made and some will have longer ends and fatter bodies. All caps are not created equal :p Just as close as possible. I can have a custom cap made for you if you send me the exact size info you want (Body width and end tip length) I can get it in clear or whatever color he has on hand. Just let me know =)

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Nice to see many more folks using sapphire and ruby inserts.
I’ve missed you dear @Shooby & know that I’m not alone! Hope all is going okay in your world and that you’re just busy with RL. As one who has little RL, I barely remember what that’s like! But we’ve definitely been missing your wisdom and expertise in HIGH-performance dabbing not to mention the calming effect you seem to have on @biohacker (FYI, he’s been well out of control so far this year)

Welcome home & pull up your favourite chair! We made sure that no one messed with your ass-groove.

Kanna_Kult

Just wanted to let everyone know I just saw mlglass aka biao.t post a ruby insert on his IG, looks smaller than the Greek glass one and honestly it looks like the polish isn’t as nearly nice (looks foggy but video quality isn’t amazing either, so hard to tell), but he said $40. Other than Greek, or the unreviewed ones on DHG, this seems like the cheapest option. I haven’t seen anything else under $200

EDIT: Idk why I didn’t link the post https://www.instagram.com/p/BvP_eIAnHpb/

Kanna_Kult,
Reactions: biohacker

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Just wanted to let everyone know I just saw mlglass aka biao.t post a ruby insert on his IG, looks smaller than the Greek glass one and honestly it looks like the polish isn’t as nearly nice (looks foggy but video quality isn’t amazing either, so hard to tell), but he said $40. Other than Greek, or the unreviewed ones on DHG, this seems like the cheapest option. I haven’t seen anything else under $200

EDIT: Idk why I didn’t link the post https://www.instagram.com/p/BvP_eIAnHpb/
According to the dimensions biao.t provides it is the same size as the Greek Glass 2.0 inserts for 25mm bangers.

tylerj55

So what's the consensus Sapphire or Ruby insert. Which one would you guys that have used both recommend?
I haven’t noticed any difference between the two I’ve used. One is red and more expensive and one is clear/frosted and cheaper, but functionally they are the same.

tylerj55,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

So what's the consensus Sapphire or Ruby insert. Which one would you guys that have used both recommend?

I have identical ruby and sapphire dishes and there are pros/cons to both. I love being able to see the action so clearly with the sapphire, and it just looks so clean and classy (when it is! haha), and allows me to be more precise with qtip tech since I can actually see the oil on the white sapphire. However the ruby appears to look cleaner longer (oil film is much harder to see), and is said to have slightly better thermal properties....and changes colour. They're both great! :nod:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I have identical ruby and sapphire dishes and there are pros/cons to both. I love being able to see the action so clearly with the sapphire, and it just looks so clean and classy (when it is! haha), and allows me to be more precise with qtip tech since I can actually see the oil on the white sapphire. However the ruby appears to look cleaner longer (oil film is much harder to see), and is said to have slightly better thermal properties....and changes colour. They're both great! :nod:
Can you get a sapphire insert for a decent price? The $85 for the Greek glass ruby seemed pretty reasonable ...

biohacker

Adapt Tech "drops" a new style ruby/sapphire material insert designed specifically for #droptech next week!

They say it doesn't have the same heat retention of ruby/sapphire but will be more affordable (whatever that means!).

Still debating that SiC insert from Fadespace just to fuck around with drop tech again!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Adapt Tech "drops" a new style ruby/sapphire material insert designed specifically for #droptech next week!

They say it doesn't have the same heat retention of ruby/sapphire but will be more affordable (whatever that means!).

Still debating that SiC insert from Fadespace just to fuck around with drop tech again!
I think I might hold out for the insert for the 30mm banger for the SiC ... I do like my 30mm :) ... but prefer the ruby insert to the quartz one ...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I did a torched cold start off Quartz yesterday, just torched it for 7 or 8 seconds, cap already on - holy cow that microwaved my head in a way I haven't been getting with my torch or enail Ruby. Worth having a few different teks in the arsenal!

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
how are yall doing a deep cleaning of the greek ruby inserts? is it ok to soak them in ISO for an extended period?

srama21,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom