Natural Goods Vaporizer

VaporBud

Anyone on here own 1 of these ? I could not find much info or reviews on this vape. The comments i did find by owners where positive.

I have to get a step down converter. Anyone know how much power i would need ?

I got this vape for a good price on eBay today. Will update on how it performs when i receive.

VaporBud,

Mark

John Brown
Cheap digital vape without a website made in China. Maybe toxic, maybe not.
Seen some video's of it on the tube, looks decent enough. A lot of cranking to on that knob to get from 0 to 200, like, 10 rotations. I wouldn't buy a vape in less I had some hope of contacting the maker.

Of course all of that comes from no personal experience of using the thing.

Reviews at Marijuana.com are postive, and one member offers this tip if you happen to be experiencing low temperatures.
http://www.marijuana.com/vaporizers/75156-natural-goods-vaporizer.html#post777158 said:
This one is ok. I agree at this price range I would go with one of the boxes. I did not like how the temp was not true. And when I first got it the unit did not heat up enough and then I was instructed to put a sticker over one of the vents to bring the temp up. That was a little weird but worked. I like the Stealth or Vapezilla better in this type of vape but more money going with those...
49708661_tp.jpg

coMet

Mark,

max

Out to lunch
The first generation NG units had a problem reaching satisfactory temp levels. I would hope that's been corrected. Warranty length isn't good unless you buy from Gotvape. The first gen unit read the whip temp, which meant preheating an empty whip (dont' know if that's changed). eBay prices are good, but it's still in the Extreme price range.

Cheap digital vape without a website made in China. Maybe toxic, maybe not.
I don't know that I'd put the NG in that category. It was on the market long before any of the Chinese cheapies, especially digital ones. I don't like that you can't contact the manufacturer and have to rely solely on the dealer if you have a problem though.

max,

VaporBud

Cheer's for the info. i got a non digi version for $100.

I know the warranty is bad at 6month but that's the risk u take buying from ebay on the cheap.
I assume this vape was safe as it's a US company and seen it on gotvape for $220 with lifetime warranty.

VaporBud,

max

Out to lunch
The warranty is listed as 6 mos. at Vaporstore, so I suspect that's as good as it gets unless you buy from Gotvape, where you'll pay $50 more ($225) to get the longer warranty ($175 at Vaporstore).

With the analog version, you shouldn't have any problems. Digital greatly increases your chance of a breakdown.

Just saw that Vapeworld sells the NG analog version for $175 with lifetime warranty. :huh: I'm gonna have to confirm that.

max,

VaporBud

Yeah i have found a couple more stores offering the lifetime warranty.

I do not want digi on my vape's either and even if the digi version was the same price i would take the analog.
That's what i like about Da Buddha so simple, work's great and not much to go wrong.

The NG apparently has a heavy duty ceramic heating element and if some store's are willing to offer a lifetime warranty well that usually say's something.

I think my main concern with this unit will be vaping performance and that i will find out soon enough. ;)

VaporBud,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
My first vaporizer was a natural goods. I liked it, had the analog version. The only thing I didnt like about it is it is forced air and the fan is always going, cannot turn the fan off. have too leave the whip in while it is heating up. the only thing I wish this thing could do would be for the fan to run off when your not hitting it. I eventually did sell mine... like I said.. I didnt like the fact the fan was always on... and it consumed large amounts of herb.

DevoTheStrange,

Mark

John Brown
If the fan is always on, I assume you cannot let it heat up with the weed in the bowl then eh?
that sounds shitty.

Mark,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah... had too let the whip sit in the unit for three minutes or so without any herb in it... take the whip out... load it and put it back in, vapor normally starts after the first draw... you can load it first, but it takes a while too warm up, alot of the vapor goes away if you do it that way.
I got into the habit of putting my bowl onto a bent card and dumping it all into the whip when it was time too vape...
also got to mention, out of all the vaporizers I owned... everyone could smell this one. when your not hitting it, it just pumps the vapor out like a champ.... whatever room I was in would smell heavily (although the smell did go away after thirty minutes or so)

DevoTheStrange,

VaporBud

Why not remove the whip between hit's ? Or does this mess up the temp's ?
I will probs hook this thing up to a water pipe and i usually only load a small amount enough in the Buddha for 1 big hit maybe 2. I knew about the warm up step's before buying but did not know you had to leave the whip in between hit's ?

Some people seem to like fan assist vape's while some don't.
I have never used one before so i can not say but will give my honest opinion on the vape and if i am not happy than i will also sell then try something new. :)

VaporBud,

max

Out to lunch
I don't see why you'd have to preheat the bowl or leave it connected on the analog model. You do on the digital version because it reads the bowl/whip temp. The analog version should work like any other brand.

max,

VaporBud

^ True that's what i originally thought.

DevoTheStrange should be able to shed some light on this.

All the info i have come across on other forums have been the digi version.

VaporBud,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I used too preheat the whip because I found when I didnt it took forever for the vapor too start... compared too other whip systems I have used the natural goods one is the odd one out of the bunch for me. the way the glass piece is designed, being hands free and all, the core of the whip gets pretty damn hot while your using it. it has an outer glass wall that you can grab so you dont burn yourself. the whip remains pretty hot for a while too, being that a good inch and a half or so is sticking inside the heating element.
compared too other whips alot of glass on this one gets hot, except for the outer glass wall that is.
ive used other whip systems and havnt seen them get as hot as the vapor path on this whip does.
(although I have accidently grabbed the wrong part of an extreme cyclone bowl and would have too say that was the hottest damn thing ive touched when it comes too vaporizing so far)
my friend had the digi version, i had the analog... not much difference between the two in how they work. Only difference being one has a read out.

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
One of the on-line dealers that carried the NG told me a that the company's original version didn't reach as high of a temp as it should have, and the 2nd generation model was supposed to correct that. I wonder if that's why preheating and keeping the whip connected was necessary?

max,

VaporBud

I just used the NG for the first time and was very impressed with the performance.

Couple of notes so far.

You do not have to leave the whip in while heating.

The temp range is good i had all the temp i needed at 2 o'clock on the dial as i found at full temp you will see combustion.

The whip is great. I found it good to handle and remove between hit's to stir herbs and found the fan assist to give a very good draw. The fan assist has a pretty low flow rate yet still makes the draw to easy.

I will leave more feedback once i have spent more time with this vape.

VaporBud,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
does it still come with the thin glass mouthpiece? (broke that little sucker and almost filleted my finger)

and as far a pre heating the whip, in the one I had, you didnt have too pre heat the whip. But preheating the whip meant a difference of waiting for the vapor too start, too starting almost immediately.
If it was preheated, only 3-6 second nice even draw would get the vapor started immediately.
If it was not preheated, it would normally take 20-40 seconds for the vapor too start.
i have several friends who also have the Natural Goods and they have noticed the same.

now they may have changed the heater too where you dont have too do this.

DevoTheStrange,

VaporBud

DevoTheStrange said:
does it still come with the thin glass mouthpiece? (broke that little sucker and almost filleted my finger)

and as far a pre heating the whip, in the one I had, you didnt have too pre heat the whip. But preheating the whip meant a difference of waiting for the vapor too start, too starting almost immediately.
If it was preheated, only 3-6 second nice even draw would get the vapor started immediately.
If it was not preheated, it would normally take 20-40 seconds for the vapor too start.
i have several friends who also have the Natural Goods and they have noticed the same.

now they may have changed the heater too where you dont have too do this.
The mouth piece is glass.

I will have to use the unit some more to get fact's on warm up time and such but can not see why it would have being necessary to leave the whip in when heating as the herb is heated by the air stream not the heat of the glass.

The unit has no shortage of heat and on first impressions this vape is a great buy as it can be had for $100 or less new on ebay and from the outside looks just like some vape's 3x or more the price.

You have several friends with this vape ? Did not think this vape was very common yet. Do they all have heating issues ? Could you get a pic of the inside of one of them ? then we can post pics and compare.

VaporBud,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i am not saying it is necessary too leave the whip in. You dont have too leave it in, just an observation that it tends too vape better when the whip is warm. Other whip vapes I have not seen this kind of thing happen, only with the Natural Goods. I was not the only one who noticed out of my friends who have them. out of theirs one of the other ones is a digital, all the others are analog, all bought around winter last year.
(I have yet too ask any of them if they want too take a pick of the innards)
just seems that with this particular vape it seems too give alot more vape off the get go if the whip has been sitting in the unit during its three minute warm up time. what we would do then after the warm up would be too take our herb which would be sitting separately and just use the whip like a vacuum and suck up the herb, then put the whip into the unit (reason we did this was the glass part was hot so it was easier too suck the herb up than too bother coming near the hot part with any sensitive parts. You only hold the cool handle part this way). in between hits we would pull it out of the unit, but only long enough for the mouth piece too be handed too the next person, this way the fan wouldnt waste any vapor. Which can be tedious thing too do.
The only other thing we would do would be cover the mouth piece with our thumb between hits.
and as far as popularity, there is only one good quality shop in town and they only carry the extreme and the iolites, all the other shops carry chinese knockoffs of natural goods.... which is totally odd too me, but anyway...

personally i prefer other forced air vapes over this one.... which is why i sold mine...

oh and one thing I did do with mine, that my friends have adopted... put something under the back end of the unit raising it about half inch too inch. Herb has a nasty habit of getting inside this unit and combusting the second it hits that ceramic. Lifting the end a tiny bit (not enough for the whip too fall out) for just enough gravity too keep the herb in the whip. As you vape the herb tends too fall too the bottom of the whip and work its way forward towards the heating element.

DevoTheStrange,

VaporBud

DevoTheStrange said:
oh and one thing I did do with mine, that my friends have adopted... put something under the back end of the unit raising it about half inch too inch. Herb has a nasty habit of getting inside this unit and combusting the second it hits that ceramic. Lifting the end a tiny bit (not enough for the whip too fall out) for just enough gravity too keep the herb in the whip. As you vape the herb tends too fall too the bottom of the whip and work its way forward towards the heating element.
Are you sure we are talking about the same vape ? You have no chance of herb entering the unit with the fan constancy pushing air and the whip's herb chamber is pretty big also.
Do people really blow in there whips ? it would be mush easier for herb to enter my Da Buddha then the NG and yet i have never done so.

Edit: I just used the NG for the second day allowed a 5min warm up time and it was at a good temp so warm up is 5min max.

As far as early impressions i just gotta say this thing is a pleasure to vape with and provides vape that's up there with my top 2 so far the Aromed and Da Buddha and the draw is even easier with the fan assist.

If you like loading very small amounts at once then Da Budda i think would have to be one of the most efficient whip vape's with small amounts at a decent price as the whip herb chamber is at least 3x wider on the NG.

I would like to compare this vape to a VB type box vape at the $100 price point as NG's sell for $100 or less with best offer on ebay.

I paid $160 for Da Buddha and atm is the vape i would recommend for the price as i don't know if it can be beaten in the current market but will keep buying more new vape's to find out.

VaporBud,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
you'd be surprised by how many people i see take too big of a hit and cough into the whip... even tiny coughs would cause some herb to go into the unit

DevoTheStrange,

thcking

i just bought the analog version past week and trying to find the perfect knob setting. i have it set around 3'clock but i'm still experimenting...any advise?

thcking,

VaporBud

Just play around with the temp until you find where you like it. I go no more than 80% on the dial and always get a thick consistence vapor with good weed.

VaporBud,

oldvaper1946

I purchased the NG Digital Vaporizer about a month ago. Too bad that you have to figure everything out for yourself, and research the web to find out all you need to enjoy this actually very good Vaporizer. I think the Digital model is the only way to go. The reason that I vaporize is to make the experience healthier, and enjoy the same lifestyle. So the Digital readout is essential to get mostly tasty vapor not smoke, thin gray vapor, as opposed to white smoke. If you look on the web anywhere from 330F to 375F with 365F seeming to be the most popular. At higher temperatures you are getting more carcinagens and stuff that makes you fall asleep etc. etc. You want to put the whip into the unit while it is heating up so you can see that you have your temp set to 365F. I now have mine set between 10 and 11 on a clock. Probably closer to 11.
That is why you always want to heat the unit up with the whip inserted into it. Then to clean the unit, they say every 3 to 4 months to change the tubing. I bought 20 feet of Silicon Tubing, 3/8" ID, 1/2"OD, 1/16" thick wall, from US Plastics online. Now to change the tubing be very careful because the handset and the mouthpiece are glass! Do not pull on the glass Get one of those razors at Lowes that looks sort of like a pen, and you slide the cutting part out. For the handset and the mouthpiece, cut the old tubing out 1 inch past where the glass ends very gently, and slice the tubing remaining on the handset and mouthpiece very gently with the razor. There's ways of cleaning the handset and mouthpiece all over the net, saving the honey etc.

Putting in the screen: The key is the three prongs of glass on the bottom of the bowl. The bowl is the 1/2" area below the frosted looking glass tip. Slightly bend the screen so you can put it in sideways into the bowl. Then use the stir stick to guide the first haf of the screen down to the bottom so those three prongs can hold it from falling through, then push the other end of the screen to the bottom. When the screen is set into the bowl correctly it should form a well.

So I like this Vaporizer for the money. I like the fan assist, and it heats up in no time and can get very hot if you wanted it to.

oldvaper1946,
Top Bottom