National 420 Sit-In

McNerdius

god of nerds
Here's an idea, however stupid. I don't know if it's been tried, considered, or whatever...

Pick a place in your city, where it is legal to smoke tobacco, that also gets a bit of pedestrian traffic. Everyone you know, and everyone they know, goes there midnight 4:20, and lights up a joint. Or wait till there's actually people around... Do this in every major city in the US. Maybe set up a "recruitment" website letting people know where to meet up at, and sign up for it, or something. The idea here would be to only break one law: Possession of cannabis.

I don't know, i mean, it's stupid i know... it could be done one of two ways:

1) "Easy" - Make sure everyone has only a minimal amount on them. Costs everyone a few hundred dollars paying a fine... gets attention though.

2) "Extreme" - Everyone have pounds and pounds in your pockets ! FORCE them to arrest you for POSSESSION only. Tens of thousands of arrests on the same day for the same thing... That'd open some eyes maybe...

Yeah yeah in my utopian world this would do something. In these Divided Shithills of my ASS though...

nevermind... :C

McNerdius,

UncleHerb

Well, I don't live in a major city and if it is up to me, I never will. And maybe this has merit where you live, but I can tell you that if you tried that around here, you'd lose your stash and go to jail. Plus, you'd have it on your record. No big deal you say? Well, it would complicate any international travel you may want to do somewhere down the road. Get busted with a pound and you'll be wondering about your decision to do this from a prison cell.

UncleHerb,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Not that it would work at all, but it would *especially* not work in rural areas for that reason. The whole idea being tens of thousands of simultaneous arrests in every area of every major city in the US. In my little head something like that *should* lead somewhere... even though in the DSA (divided shitheap of america) it would just be a bunch of dumbfucks being dumbfucks. because that's all i am right ? and you ? and everyone else on here.

What got me thinking about this, though, is this:

If cannabis were finally legalized... say you were busted with a couple ounces a week before it was legalized. Are you still fucked ?

McNerdius,
Top Bottom