Nasal Polyps and Vaping

Swan

I've read several threads here discussing the effect that vaping has on the sinuses. I'm looking for more specific information on whether vaping cannabis can stimulate polyp growth in the nasal passages or cause sinus infections.

I've had three surgeries to remove polyps from my nose. Surgery is only a temporary fix, because polyps tend to grow back, sometimes very quickly. I also am prone to sinus infections, which are much worse when polyps are present.

I love vaping, but need to consider if it can lead to polyp growth or lead directly to sinus infection. I would probably fall back on edibles if I felt I couldn't vape, though I prefer the fine control that vaping gives me.

Does anyone know anything about these subjects, or have personal experiences to share? I am reluctant to ask my doctor because a) it will be put in my medical record and shared with god know's who and b) I think the medical establishment would be predisposed to saying "don't vape" even without medical evidence to support the point.

Swan,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom