Name your PD thread...

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I don't have mine yet, but would you like to explain how you got the name "Melba Toast"? is sounds like it would make for an interesting story :)

The_Other_Shoe,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
well originally it was just Melba, it still is just Melba. Toast is of course a dramatic flourish.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Well in that case I've decided to change my unit's name to Mommyvision.

jeffp,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Time to dig up this thread, I finally got a suitable name for my PD. I was chilling at my friends house, seems like a lot of stories just start at some random person's house, we were all sitting around the TV watching the Canadian women play the Slovakian women in hockey, probably around 1-2 am. We would pass a bowl on the PD around every time a goal was scored, luckily we started when the score was already 14-0 Canada. To shorten the story, we pass it 4 more times before the end of the game, and then find something else to vape to. So we all get super blazed by the time everything fun happens.

I digress, here is the meat of the story, then out of nowhere, my friend grabs his backpack and says he needs to read his mythology book. We all thumb through it looking at the pictures and we come across the name, Medusa. I was so high at this point that it took me a few minutes of staring to remember what she is famous for. The rest is history, I went outside where some friends were smoking (I didn't :D) and told them that I was naming my PD Medusa because it gets you stoned. Even though you turn to stone, but same general concept. I was super happy and excited the rest of the night because it had been 2 months without a suitable name for it.

The_Other_Shoe,

lwien

Can someone explain to me why people name inanimate tools for vaping or for smoking? Not putting it down, but I just don't understand the concept.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Back when I was living in a college dorm my roommate and I had a pet apple that we kept on top of a shot glass, watching it rot through the semester. We put a thumbtack in it and named it "Eddie."

jeffp,

Frickr

jeffp said:
Back when I was living in a college dorm my roommate and I had a pet apple that we kept on top of a shot glass, watching it rot through the semester. We put a thumbtack in it and named it "Eddie."
haha. thats pretty good.
for me all i have named is fred/steve/thing. hes the tapestry thats hung up around my light in my dinning room. makes everything orange, and when lucy comes and visits your mind for a few hours, its one of the coolest things to look at, and actually moves around. just because it looked like it was moving we had to name it.

Frickr,

Mckdenton

lwien said:
Can someone explain to me why people name inanimate tools for vaping or for smoking? Not putting it down, but I just don't understand the concept.
I don't get it either.

Mckdenton,

mnmlh

Mckdenton said:
lwien said:
I don't get it either.
A large percentage of people (mostly women) give names to inanimate objects regardless of the vaping/smoking thing. Being high could only increase those odds, as doing such silly things goes with the territory. My MZ is called Topo Zap cause of the topo map-like grain that is accentuated on the front of the unit. These style of vapes are so warm and cuddly. I'm thinking about making some clothes for mine (not really.) I love it, but you won't hear me say that I am "feeding" it polish or anything weird.

mnmlh,

lwien

I guess if BB King can name his guitar, naming a vape kinda falls in the same territory, eh?

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
LOL... My father had names for his cars or motorcycles over the years....

(mostly women)
I guess I'm odd.... My dog has a name, my car & PD do not but I love them anyway :D

Lo,
Top Bottom