My Walmart Only Has 91% Alcohol is that OK for Cleaning Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nok21

Yes, that will work- just make sure its dry before reassembling your vape. What vape are you cleaning?

Nok21,

hi_there

Just got this: The Kind Pen - TruVá and it is really smelly, even after 5 burn-offs. Will also clean out my AA chamber.

hi_there,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I use 91% for cleaning all the time.

Though I don't use 91% for reclaim. If I'm trying to make some reclaim I can vape, I use grain alcohol - gives the vapor a sweeter taste

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Nok21

You can use ISO for reclaim, you just have to make sure it is all evaporated.

Nok21,

hi_there

Found a video on reclaim, looks pretty easy. Is there a way to vape reclaim or best to cook with it?

Last edited:
hi_there,

Nok21

Can you fully explain that to me?

As i recall, iso is toxic. Do not drink it. Denatured iso is bad to use for any form of extraction because it has toxic/bad tasting chemicals to prevent people from drinking it. Normal, clean iso is nothing but iso and water (91% iso alcohol, 9%water). You still do not want to ingest iso. Period.

When used as a solvent it works very well, but you need to allow it to FULLY evaporate to get a vapeable/edible extract. Does that make sense?

So its safe once it all evaporates. Im sure someone could back me up/ do a better job explaining here than I can.

Nok21,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
Just buy some from amazon. For cleaning 91 percent might be fine, but i would not use it for extracts

mrweed,

Jman5280

I've used 70, 91, 99, and I could never tell the difference between them. They all do the job.

No matter what % you use, make sure it fully evaporates. Some people would call what I do overkill, but I do an extra rinse with water after the ISO has evaporated just to be safe (more so my anxiety doesn't bother me "did I inhale ISO?!?!").

*Dont let plastics soak too long in ISO, it can cause damage.

*if you are cleaning glass with ISO, check out PBW.

max

Out to lunch
Just make sure that under 90% isn't labeled 'rubbing alcohol' and to make sure it doesn't contain lanolin.
I've never seen 70% that's anything but Isopropyl alcohol and water, which is rubbing alcohol.

max,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
@max maybe it's a canada thing :shrug: I know here they add lanolin to help with the skin drying with rubbing alcohol and it just messes my glass and for sure would not be good for concentrate/reclaim.

smokum,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
They sell rubbing alcohol with lanolin here where i am in walgreens and cvs, often they add color (green) and fragrance but sometimes it's clear.

Straight ol' ISO generally isn't labeled 'rubbing alcohol' anymore here as it was in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom