My Ultimate poor mans Iffy Brick - The Soupy Tube - a $20 vape/bong contraption.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
29uoi8m.jpg

bdp0qt.jpg

w0nd4n.jpg

2dv361u.jpg

2qs7x8z.jpg

I like experimenting. I name this catastrophe of cannabis and creativity the Iffy Brick, or even better, The Soupy Tube.

I used to have a Sticky Brick but sold it. I loved the on demand torch convection it had any a DynaVap couldn't bring that back for me. Why not a DIY Sticky Brick?

So I have a downstem, glass bowl (actually the WPA for a Crafty, 14mm) FF2 concentrates screen, DaVinci IQ spacer, tomato sauce tube, and a bendy straw. Let's get janking along.

Here's the parts and cost breakdown. This will cost about as much as 7kg of rice so spend your money wisely.

Downstem: 35kr ($5)

Bowl (+ screen): $5

FireFly2 mesh (or DaVinci IQ spacer): $5-10

Bendy straw: ??

Tomato sauce: 10kn ($2)

Torch: €4 ($5)

Total cost: Poverty

Assembly & how to:

Use your tomato sauce. Eat the pasta.

Clean the tomato tube.

Cut hole in tomato tube lid. Insert downstem and straw, seal with electrical tape or equivalent.

Take bowl, add screen, add herb, add mesh/spacer.

For the Glass Spacer Method, just aim torch at the air holes and inhale. Vapor should form after a few seconds. Keep heating until satisfied. Not too easy to combust with actually.

For the Steel Meshod, just torch the mesh for 15-25 seconds. Inhale without heating as the mesh is the heatsink and now power source. Alternatively torch it the same way you did it with the Glass Spacer Method.

The results:

Wow, actually impressed. Great clouds, pure vapor, flavorful, and light on the wallet! Extremely efficient with tiny amounts of herb.

I'm not sure which method I like more yet! Have to test it more in future days with more herb. I used very small amounts (under 0.075) mixed with sage.

Chucks vapor well and retains great flavor. Keen to try it with a J-Hook or glass mouthpiece.

Photos:

Bong hit with Glass IQ Spacer: https://gfycat.com/YawningRegalJenny

Bong hit w/ Steel Mesh: https://gfycat.com/CaringKeyAlligatorsnappingturtle

ABV from 1st hit w/IQ spacer:

https://i.imgur.com/mjJU1Li.jpg

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I've gotten extremely close to combustion/fully blackened and dark avb, but still haven't combusted! Quite fun :)

deadlytoaster,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
29uoi8m.jpg

bdp0qt.jpg

w0nd4n.jpg

2dv361u.jpg

2qs7x8z.jpg

I like experimenting. I name this catastrophe of cannabis and creativity the Iffy Brick, or even better, The Soupy Tube.

I used to have a Sticky Brick but sold it. I loved the on demand torch convection it had any a DynaVap couldn't bring that back for me. Why not a DIY Sticky Brick?

So I have a downstem, glass bowl (actually the WPA for a Crafty, 14mm) FF2 concentrates screen, DaVinci IQ spacer, tomato sauce tube, and a bendy straw. Let's get janking along.

Here's the parts and cost breakdown. This will cost about as much as 7kg of rice so spend your money wisely.

Downstem: 35kr ($5)

Bowl (+ screen): $5

FireFly2 mesh (or DaVinci IQ spacer): $5-10

Bendy straw: ??

Tomato sauce: 10kn ($2)

Torch: €4 ($5)

Total cost: Poverty

Assembly & how to:

Use your tomato sauce. Eat the pasta.

Clean the tomato tube.

Cut hole in tomato tube lid. Insert downstem and straw, seal with electrical tape or equivalent.

Take bowl, add screen, add herb, add mesh/spacer.

For the Glass Spacer Method, just aim torch at the air holes and inhale. Vapor should form after a few seconds. Keep heating until satisfied. Not too easy to combust with actually.

For the Steel Meshod, just torch the mesh for 15-25 seconds. Inhale without heating as the mesh is the heatsink and now power source. Alternatively torch it the same way you did it with the Glass Spacer Method.

The results:

Wow, actually impressed. Great clouds, pure vapor, flavorful, and light on the wallet! Extremely efficient with tiny amounts of herb.

I'm not sure which method I like more yet! Have to test it more in future days with more herb. I used very small amounts (under 0.075) mixed with sage.

Chucks vapor well and retains great flavor. Keen to try it with a J-Hook or glass mouthpiece.

Photos:

Bong hit with Glass IQ Spacer: https://gfycat.com/YawningRegalJenny

Bong hit w/ Steel Mesh: https://gfycat.com/CaringKeyAlligatorsnappingturtle

ABV from 1st hit w/IQ spacer:

https://i.imgur.com/mjJU1Li.jpg
This is wonderful. Just brilliant. I'm assuming by "tomato tube" you mean jar? I have some in a toothpaste-type tube, but don't think I will get similar results. I'm trying to think of what I can use...I think I have enough to try it, with slightly different parts. I'm going to try this. Not this minute, as it's only 5: 00 am, but today. Thank you for this thread. I love it.

Madri-Gal,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Hahaha yeah I was just going for some janky wordplay.

It works pretty damned well though I must say. Considering getting a block of wood and making my own Brick from that. Might want to upgrade from a bendy straw though...

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Hahaha yeah I was just going for some janky wordplay.

It works pretty damned well though I must say. Considering getting a block of wood and making my own Brick from that. Might want to upgrade from a bendy straw though...
It was early, and I kept looking for a tube on the table. I'm slow. You don't always know. With the different variations in English we are lucky enough to have on FC, it could have been an interesting variation or translation. "Soupy Tube" sounds good, and your post was beautifully written and laid out.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Last edited:

el sargantano

Yes. I fully trust you and checked all links. I just don't know maths deeply and where the thc hides.
On the other hand it's fantastic how people here adds knowledge and share their experiences trying to help everyone else.
Today I'll have lentils for lunch to save the jar.

Top Bottom