My solo just died.. where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Natural Farmer, use the Lotus dry in the ehle. That is great. YOu see the vapor forming in the tube, you can pull big hits easily and the flavour is there like with the Al stem. ;)

I think that after 5-10sec it is enough cold to pocket it... although it might still be hot on your skin... clothes are not skin.

And regarding working for Lotus, well i wouldn't mind really but no offer has been made yet. hehehe. :)
I'm know as "the vaporizer guy" among my friends because i'm always with a new unit after a while and where i live 99% of people have never even heard of vaporizers, and stoner friends remain faithfull to tobacco and papers.

Last edited:

andrewhoo

I'm looking for these qualities for the most part.

1. Creates a relatively thick, good, clean vapor
2. Is portable enough to get into a pocket (solo is as big as I would like to go)
3. Has a decent battery life (I generally have 2-3 sessions a day)
4. Reliable

I have a PAX, Solo. Extreme Q, a Pinnacle Pro and like them in that order.

I get the best clouds from the PAX, it's the smallest one I have although it takes a bit of upkeep for it to work perfectly all the time but it meets all of your requirements.

andrewhoo,

olivianewtonjohn

@oklahomie

Did the solo come back to life? I had a similar thing happen, I use a metal water bottle as a stealth case and had two at my desk one for water and the other for the case. I was getting ready to leave my house and put it in the wrong bottle. I immediately pulled it out. Lights were bouncing around and not working right. What brought it back to life was taking it apart and leaving it in the sun for a day. Almost a year later and its still working

oklahomie

@vorrange

Did the solo come back to life? I had a similar thing happen, I use a metal water bottle as a stealth case and had two at my desk one for water and the other for the case. I was getting ready to leave my house and put it in the wrong bottle. I immediately pulled it out. Lights were bouncing around and not working right. What brought it back to life was taking it apart and leaving it in the sun for a day. Almost a year later and its still working

No, sadly it is still not working. Kept it in rice for 3 days. Actually the unit operates perfectly right now besides one thing, there is no heat. All lights and beeps still work though. I don't think buying a new battery will fix the heater, so I've decided to get a Lotus for a little change until I get myself another Solo. (I've developed a pretty strong love for the little guys :love:)

@andrewhoo

I wish I could love the Pax. But the complaints about maintenance worry me. I think I cleaned my solo 2 times last year. I think this means I'm lazy, but hey, this is 2014 isn't it? Shouldn't they have an app to clean our vapes by now?!! ;)

I hear (mostly from @Meghan and @vorrange) that the hit size/flavor quality of the Lotus is pretty outstanding for a portable vape, so I'm hoping to fall in love all over again here pretty soon.

Also I hear the Pax is an herb hog, and.......

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

No, sadly it is still not working. Kept it in rice for 3 days. Actually the unit operates perfectly right now besides one thing, there is no heat. All lights and beeps still work though. I don't think buying a new battery will fix the heater, so I've decided to get a Lotus for a little change until I get myself another Solo. (I've developed a pretty strong love for the little guys :love:)

@andrewhoo

I wish I could love the Pax. But the complaints about maintenance worry me. I think I cleaned my solo 2 times last year. I think this means I'm lazy, but hey, this is 2014 isn't it? Shouldn't they have an app to clean our vapes by now?!! ;)

I hear (mostly from @Meghan and @vorrange) that the hit size/flavor quality of the Lotus is pretty outstanding for a portable vape, so I'm hoping to fall in love all over again here pretty soon.

Also I hear the Pax is an herb hog, and.......

Sorry to hear that. Yeah im not a fan of the pax. Lotus sounds interesting and seems to have a strong following. Good luck

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom