My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I guess its a good option then just in case Everclear isn't available.

Some states (WA, for example) sell Everclear, but it is 75% (151 proof). Oregon sells 95% (190 proof) Everclear.

macbill,
Reactions: Joel W.

HOBOBOB

Yes sorry I meant flask.
I simple example of a filter flask is:
Im using standard lab filter papers- Im not sure there actual micron size- I'll find out and post it later. Makes a WORLD of difference-

StheDubya

Filter flasks are kick ass. A killer tool to have in your collection if yer making oils n waxes. The only way I have filtered all the bits out is with a syringe filter but its a more trouble than its worth.

StheDubya,
Reactions: kazz

Striker Titan

Yes sorry I meant flask.
I simple example of a filter flask is:
Im using standard lab filter papers- Im not sure there actual micron size- I'll find out and post it later. Makes a WORLD of difference-
Thanks, I may pass on the hand pump and use a water aspirator instead. Also the filter paper may list is pores in micrometers which is a direct conversion to micron 10 micrometer = 10 micron. I will have to pick up a Buchner this weekend and give it a try on my next run. I do have a slight concern as to how I will properly fit a SS 10 micron mesh in to the funnel and ensure that there is no seepage around the mesh.

Striker Titan,

StheDubya

Filter paper is a lot easier to work with. Once its wet it kind of self seals. SS mesh is a pain in the booty. I only ever use that to pour through but not on a vac setup.

StheDubya,
Reactions: HOBOBOB

juturna72

Hey everyone!

I've been a lurker for awhile and decided that it was finally time to become active and get some advice. I purchased the blueberry and gummy bears flavors of Puff Majic and recently made two small batches of liquid using a 3:1 ratio of PM to wax. I also purchased an Aspire K1 tank along with a CF VV battery thanks to recommendations in this thread. After changing out the coil from 1.6 ohm to a 1.8 ohm I've had much better results. I run my battery at 4.3 volts.

So here are a few questions I have

1. Is there a reason it takes quite a few hits (more than 10) for me to feel anything? ( I do smoke often but almost always with a dry herb vape)

2. Does anyone else's liquid get darker overtime with use?

3. Should I crank up the voltage a bit and see if that helps with question 1?

4. Do the effects go away a bit too quickly for anyone else? Or is that to be expected with this?

Any answers would be super helpful!

juturna72,

HOBOBOB

Yes normally if it's mixed with juice or vg/pg then it takes a few to get going. Few = 10-20 hits depending on strength. Straight co2 oil is a different story. You have to be careful that they fully mix otherwise you'll have issues, too much wax means the cotton gets kinda clogged up and straight burns starting from a cold position. I find straight vg and concentrate work the best for me. I lightly heat then use a rock tumbler to mix the mixture for a couple hours then vacuum filter it a couple times. Once hot and once cold. The cold cycle is to remove any remaining fats/waxes which seem to reside on the surface edges once it's room temperature. Just be careful with your wick, as soon as it clogs or burns it can change the taste of the rest of the juice that's in it and can be very unpleasant.

Hey everyone!

I've been a lurker for awhile and decided that it was finally time to become active and get some advice. I purchased the blueberry and gummy bears flavors of Puff Majic and recently made two small batches of liquid using a 3:1 ratio of PM to wax. I also purchased an Aspire K1 tank along with a CF VV battery thanks to recommendations in this thread. After changing out the coil from 1.6 ohm to a 1.8 ohm I've had much better results. I run my battery at 4.3 volts.

1. Is there a reason it takes quite a few hits (more than 10) for me to feel anything? ( I do smoke often but almost always with a dry herb vape)

4. Do the effects go away a bit too quickly for anyone else? Or is that to be expected with this?

HOBOBOB,

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Hey everyone!

Maybe try a 2:1 mix? That's what I use since I found 3:1 to be a little too weak hitting for my liking. IME the darkening of the oil comes from the outer body of the coil heating it too much. Maybe a stronger mix would allow shorter hits for the same effect? Mine gets a little darker (with the K1), but not as much as when I used other tanks that didn't wick as well. I would think higher voltage would do more harm than good, K1's like around 4v ( I use 3.8 for flavor)

As far as quality or quantity of the high, I do feel like there is a lot lost in the process of turning a flower into the liquid. I also mainly vape flower, the juice is just used out and about to hold me over til I can get home and hit something properly lol. Only real fix IMO is start with the best oil you can get and use the least thinner you can while keeping the equipment happy. I've used 1:1 mix previously and it did work, but it required very clean oil and perfect weather to stay fluid, and to me really wasn't noticeably more potent than 2:1 so that's where I landed.

GuyLeDuche,
Reactions: HOBOBOB

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I haven't made any E-Juice in a while (leaking issues to due to heat in my area), but when I did, I'd only use maybe 10-15% EJMix to my oil. I winterized, to remove any waxes, to help keep it liquid with such a low ratio of EJMix. The results were very nice. Didn't take many hits to feel it.

Only reason I abandoned that line was due to heat induced leakage. Sometimes my equipment will be in areas where it can be 90-100° F.

Roth,

StheDubya

Hey everyone!

You need to do a 2:1. The only time I do 3:1 is when I have some crazy potent shatter. Otherwise too weak. Do you know the THC% on your wax? If its low you just cut it down to the potency of weak bud. With Puff Majic at 2:1 I get great a liquid with a good consistency and stong enough to be in the 25-30% THC and get me ripped way harder than any of the dry herb stuff I have. 2-4 hits for me, an every day stoner

Bottom coil tanks darken liquids over time. The wick sits in your liquid and the liquid picks up color from the wick. Like a tea bag soaking in water darkens the water. It doesn't change the stuff at all unless you torch your wick from too much voltage and it makes it have a burnt taste. If you store them upside down when you aren't using them it wont happen nearly as fast.

4.3 is a couple clicks more than I use on 1.8 and I use a 3.6-3.8 on a 1.6 ohm. It really doesn't take that much heat to vape Puff Majic. I don't think cranking it up will help much, your mix is just too weak.

#4 is probably related to weak juice too. Most of the time I hit is less because it lingers longer.

I haven't made any E-Juice in a while (leaking issues to due to heat in my area), but when I did, I'd only use maybe 10-15% EJMix to my oil. I winterized, to remove any waxes, to help keep it liquid with such a low ratio of EJMix. The results were very nice. Didn't take many hits to feel it.

Only reason I abandoned that line was due to heat induced leakage. Sometimes my equipment will be in areas where it can be 90-100° F.

I think really thick juices actually leak worse. When I started out I used to mix some thick ass juice thinking it would be stronger and leak less. All it did was cause problems. This was also before I switched to the K1. But they don't like super thick juice either. Doesn't matter if your using Puff Majic or EJ mix both work better at about 2:1.

Heat can cause probs but handled. I leave my stuff in the car all day sometimes at inside temps that hot. If I do I turn it upside down. No leaks.

StheDubya,

Striker Titan

Filter paper is a lot easier to work with. Once its wet it kind of self seals. SS mesh is a pain in the booty. I only ever use that to pour through but not on a vac setup.
I completely agree. However SS mesh solves 2 issues.
1. product loss by filter absorption is greater in the lab filters.
2. While a lab filters are high quality there is now way to guarantee a micron pass through size. (Similar to the issue with coffee filters) The SS mesh does. In turn I have a slightly higher quality control level. However with the advent of the Buchner setup I may reduce my SS mesh to an even lower micro rating if the solution easily passes through with the pump.

I have come up with an idea on how to address this.

1. Using Sculpey make a mold of the interior of the funnel.
2. Bake harden the Sculpey.
3. Shape the mesh around the mold up to the top of the funnel. I start with 6 in x 6 in sheets so this should be fairly easy. This will prevent seepage.
4. Cut to size.

I was able to acquire a Buchner over the weekend. I plan on making a run in the next few days after I have prepared the SS for the funnel. I will update then.

Striker Titan,
Reactions: StheDubya

Striker Titan

Might I inquire as to what type of tank you were using? I ask as I live in / work outside in Texas and it can get pretty warm around here as well. My mix is a 10 mg PG to 1 mg VG. I have been using it in a Kanger mini protank. I do rebuild my own coils. 1.5 Ohm coil, wrapped on a 1/16 drill bit. using a cotton or Ready X wick with no issues.

Striker Titan,

StheDubya

I completely agree. However SS mesh solves 2 issues.
1. product loss by filter absorption is greater in the lab filters.
2. While a lab filters are high quality there is now way to guarantee a micron pass through size. (Similar to the issue with coffee filters) The SS mesh does. In turn I have a slightly higher quality control level. However with the advent of the Buchner setup I may reduce my SS mesh to an even lower micro rating if the solution easily passes through with the pump.

I have come up with an idea on how to address this.

1. Using Sculpey make a mold of the interior of the funnel.
2. Bake harden the Sculpey.
3. Shape the mesh around the mold up to the top of the funnel. I start with 6 in x 6 in sheets so this should be fairly easy. This will prevent seepage.
4. Cut to size.

I was able to acquire a Buchner over the weekend. I plan on making a run in the next few days after I have prepared the SS for the funnel. I will update then.
I say you get an A in stoner engineering:tup:.

I measured before and after on the paper once. After drying it was only something like .01 or .02 gram heavier than what it started. I have a really good scale.

I also do see your point on the QC with SS. Its great and I know you can get some really fine stuff for the tiny particles.

For me I use it most when I make a batch of VG tincture to drop under my tongue and just as a gravity filter. With my vape liquids I only use Majic and mostly use store bought shatter so I don't have the need to filter that. Will be using it this fall when my harverst is done and Im extracting some weight. That reminds me. I do use the SS in my extraction tube. It made a big difference there.

StheDubya,

juturna72

Thanks so much for the advice everyone! Extremely helpful!

Unfortunately I live in a state where I have to purchase things "illegally" so I will probably never know the THC content of the wax I'm getting. However, I will be touring with my band around the country and we coincidently have off days in Denver, Portland and Seattle. I will definitely be hitting up a few shops and purchasing some wax and shatter while I'm there!

Hopefully before I leave next week I can make one more batch of juice with a 2:1 ratio to really see the "majic" of Puff Majic.

That leads me to one more question...Flavors! Which flavors besides gummy bears and blueberry have you guys tried?
What about mixing flavors?

I enjoy both of those flavors for what they are, but I'm eventually going to want to try something else.
I'm interested in the Mojo, 42degrees and dream flavors. Thoughts on any of those?

Thanks again!

juturna72,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Might I inquire as to what type of tank you were using? I ask as I live in / work outside in Texas and it can get pretty warm around here as well. My mix is a 10 mg PG to 1 mg VG. I have been using it in a Kanger mini protank. I do rebuild my own coils. 1.5 Ohm coil, wrapped on a 1/16 drill bit. using a cotton or Ready X wick with no issues.

I'm not at home to look at all of the tanks in my drawer, but I know I've used a Kanger Aerotank Mini, a Protank (3 I think? maybe 2), a Kayfun 3.1 clone, GotVape's Sapphires, Aspire BDC, and a few others.

The Sapphires from GotVapes were the most leak resistant I used, but the flavor of those were pretty suspect.

I was using ReadyXWick and building my own coils with the Kayfun too.

I'd try turning it upside down if it was in the car, and it helped some. Iit would stop the entirety of the tank from leaking out, but whatever was in the wick at the time would then drip down the airpath and out the mouthpiece.

It would be ok if the tank was inside with me. But I'd often have to leave my setup in the car. Shit, I even remember I had one of the tanks leak all over my pocket at a Tool show. Guess I was too into it! Still have the stain in my jean's pockets from that one :)

Roth,

Striker Titan

Thanks so much for the advice everyone! Extremely helpful!

Unfortunately I live in a state where I have to purchase things "illegally" so I will probably never know the THC content of the wax I'm getting. However, I will be touring with my band around the country and we coincidently have off days in Denver, Portland and Seattle. I will definitely be hitting up a few shops and purchasing some wax and shatter while I'm there!

Hopefully before I leave next week I can make one more batch of juice with a 2:1 ratio to really see the "majic" of Puff Majic.

That leads me to one more question...Flavors! Which flavors besides gummy bears and blueberry have you guys tried?
What about mixing flavors?

I enjoy both of those flavors for what they are, but I'm eventually going to want to try something else.
I'm interested in the Mojo, 42degrees and dream flavors. Thoughts on any of those?

Thanks again!
Might I suggest a menthol only flavor. While it may not be the most exciting it has one distinct benefit. Cleaning / coil replacement. In my "non infused" ecig I use a menthol only flavor. My coils stay fresh for about a month before i need to do a dry burn to clean it up. A THC ejuice will quickly dirty your coil and if you add the sugars/additional flavors to the mix it will get gunked up even faster (I say this from experience)

Striker Titan,

Striker Titan

I'm not at home to look at all of the tanks in my drawer, but I know I've used a Kanger Aerotank Mini, a Protank (3 I think? maybe 2), a Kayfun 3.1 clone, GotVape's Sapphires, Aspire BDC, and a few others.

The Sapphires from GotVapes were the most leak resistant I used, but the flavor of those were pretty suspect.

I was using ReadyXWick and building my own coils with the Kayfun too.

I'd try turning it upside down if it was in the car, and it helped some. Iit would stop the entirety of the tank from leaking out, but whatever was in the wick at the time would then drip down the airpath and out the mouthpiece.

It would be ok if the tank was inside with me. But I'd often have to leave my setup in the car. Shit, I even remember I had one of the tanks leak all over my pocket at a Tool show. Guess I was too into it! Still have the stain in my jean's pockets from that one :)

This may be a bit of a throw back but what about a carto. I know the technology is old but it would solve your leakage issue as all the juice is suspended in the packing material. I would not use it as an at home / normal solution but to help out with leakage while you are on the go it might work out. Example below

http://www.avidvaper.com/kanger-horizontal-coil-510-cartomizers/

Striker Titan,
Reactions: Roth

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
This may be a bit of a throw back but what about a carto. I know the technology is old but it would solve your leakage issue as all the juice is suspended in the packing material. I would not use it as an at home / normal solution but to help out with leakage while you are on the go it might work out. Example below

http://www.avidvaper.com/kanger-horizontal-coil-510-cartomizers/

That was my next step, but then I got the Crafty to take care of my portable needs and haven't looked back. And using the Vaporizer by W9 and a soon to have Herc for my portable concentrate needs.

If I try the e-juice thing again, that's probably the direction I'll try first.

Appreciate the suggestion though!

Roth,

2clicker

Observer
to those who have used both EJmix and Puff Magic... which do you prefer and why?

ive always used EJmix myself, but thinking about trying some PM cuz my EJm is about gone.

2clicker,

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Yea I'd be curious about that as well. I still use Ej myself, when the last bottle ran out I took a look at switching but the 50ml of Ej won out over 30ml PM for the same money ($30). I've read about adding a few drops of LorAnn's candy flavoring to the Ej, anyone done that?

GuyLeDuche,
Reactions: 2clicker

2clicker

Observer
Yea I'd be curious about that as well. I still use Ej myself, when the last bottle ran out I took a look at switching but the 50ml of Ej won out over 30ml PM for the same money ($30). I've read about adding a few drops of LorAnn's candy flavoring to the Ej, anyone done that?

ive used a zero nic vanilla that came free with some order from an ecig joint. anyway, mixed it with ejmix and errl and it was surprisingly good. i totally just guessed on how much to add to it. i dont even remember how many drop i used, but it was good.

i havent been using liquid much at all for a while now. i got tired of clogging and leaking tanks. and i much prefer the flavor of the errl itself over it being cut. i have however been thinking about making a new batch cuz the shit is so damn convenient. you can medicate quite adequately in seconds and its back in your pocket. not to mention it looks like joe schmos ejuice rig so it can be used wherever really. i cant decide if i want it to taste like the strain or flavor it a bit. normally i dont flavor it, but now im thinking i should change it up. LorAnns candy flavoring eh...? i saw that Puff Magic has all kinds of flavors. but the one they call naked (zero flavoring added) they warn that some user do not enjoy the flavor so it adds flavor regardless. ejmix IMO adds very little flavor, but its there.

2clicker,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I think the puff majic original tastes better than the ejmix, it also doesn't seem as thick but I might be wrong on that as I'm comparing the viscosity using two totally different tanks.

Both work great at keeping everything mixed up, I use 2ml liquid to 1gr shatter.

psychonaut,
Reactions: 2clicker

StheDubya

Puff Majic tastes better and works better. I think it flows better and swear it gets me higher. EJmix is pretty much a basic recipe of some liquids. I don't like to bag on them because their product never did me wrong. I just don't like the taste and I think its a little harsh. Majic takes it to another level with terpenes and flavors. I have tried all of them I think now. I cant wait for them to come out with more.

I didn't buy the naked one because I don't see the point but my friend did and he and I agree it tastes like EJmix. He says it mixed easier than EJ. But the naked has no flavor and I think the taste they are talking about is the same taste people don't like with EJmix. I like original the most. Its got a real herby first hit on some flower like taste. Im also liking the blue and 42 degrees and dream a lot. I got the mojito one and haven't tried it much but good taste and smells real good. I like brownie and philly the least but don't like chocolate or blunts much. My brother stole my bottle of the black because he loves clove cigs and it tastes just like them.

When I was using EJmix I tried flavoring it and to me all I got is EJmix taste with flavor added in. The Puff Majic is more even and smooth. They are flavored but not too much like a lot of the nic juice I buy. You still get a good taste of your oils.

Price wise I think its worth what it costs because I save a shit ton of money with it. There is a coupon code too somewhere on their site for a discount if you buy a couple bottles.

Im a guy that has used MJ everyday for more years than I want to count. When I was only smoking buds I would go to the store every week and by 2-4 1/8ths of different shit because I like to have some variety in high and flavor. EJmix couldn't replace that for me. Majic could/did. I hardly ever combust anymore.

2clicker

Observer
I think the puff majic original tastes better than the ejmix, it also doesn't seem as thick but I might be wrong on that as I'm comparing the viscosity using two totally different tanks.

Both work great at keeping everything mixed up, I use 2ml liquid to 1gr shatter.
Puff Majic tastes better and works better. I think it flows better and swear it gets me higher. EJmix is pretty much a basic recipe of some liquids. I don't like to bag on them because their product never did me wrong. I just don't like the taste and I think its a little harsh. Majic takes it to another level with terpenes and flavors. I have tried all of them I think now. I cant wait for them to come out with more.

I didn't buy the naked one because I don't see the point but my friend did and he and I agree it tastes like EJmix. He says it mixed easier than EJ. But the naked has no flavor and I think the taste they are talking about is the same taste people don't like with EJmix. I like original the most. Its got a real herby first hit on some flower like taste. Im also liking the blue and 42 degrees and dream a lot. I got the mojito one and haven't tried it much but good taste and smells real good. I like brownie and philly the least but don't like chocolate or blunts much. My brother stole my bottle of the black because he loves clove cigs and it tastes just like them.

When I was using EJmix I tried flavoring it and to me all I got is EJmix taste with flavor added in. The Puff Majic is more even and smooth. They are flavored but not too much like a lot of the nic juice I buy. You still get a good taste of your oils.

Price wise I think its worth what it costs because I save a shit ton of money with it. There is a coupon code too somewhere on their site for a discount if you buy a couple bottles.

Im a guy that has used MJ everyday for more years than I want to count. When I was only smoking buds I would go to the store every week and by 2-4 1/8ths of different shit because I like to have some variety in high and flavor. EJmix couldn't replace that for me. Majic could/did. I hardly ever combust anymore.

well i guess i need to give the PM a shot then. i would much prefer to buy the naked and then have the ability to add flavors if desired. but for the most part i want the juice to taste just like the strain. and with EJmix, while it did add a flavor, it was minimal IMO and kind of pleasant. for the most part i could really taste the strain. i never got the "plastic" flavor from EJmix.

so if the naked has that same subtle flavor and is easier to work with then maybe i should try it. i dont want it to be too runny tho. i prefer a thicker juice. less leaking and more potent! well with EJmix at least.

i wish the PM was a bit cheaper. i can get 15ML of EJmix (plenty for me for a while) for $16 shipped to my door.

2clicker,
Top Bottom