My next-door apartment neighbor is a cop...would you vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapolutionInfected

I have Vapolution and I set it up next to a fan that blows air upward in a vent. I am on 2nd floor and next door apartment neighbour is a cop. The window leads to the balcony where all neighbors walk, so I can't blow it out the window.

Don't vents interconnect? Do they allow air to go OUT or do they lead air to the next room?

I wonder if I should risk it... In college RAs also bust for pot smell and next door people were busted for smoking, but I have been vaping for 2 semesters and not a single complaint.

Do you think the cop will smell it?

I have bags of popcorn on the table at all times (because Vapolution vaped weed smells like popcorn).

VapolutionInfected,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I wouldn't sweat it. I vape every night in my house with a family full of kids and the smell never gets brought up. If you have good weed, that smell will be much more dangerous for you than any smell from vapor. It just doesn't smell strong and most people have no idea what it smells like anyhow. If I were you, I would vape without ventilation...what little smell there is goes away quickly.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
agree with stickstones ,and I think that if you are not a vaporizer fan you won't reconize the smell

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Let's hope vapor odor stays under the radar for many years to come. ;)

max,

Purple-Days

I agree, no ventilation, the smell drops off quickly and only a vaper really knows.

All the cops have been to a marijuana bon-fire, and know the smell of burning weed. And that's what they expect. No way he will smell it, and if he did he just couldn't know.

Yes, lets hope it stays that way. I can't see it changing.

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Really depends on how pungent your herb is, how thick your vapor clouds are, how many there are and how often. Even at it's worst (best? :D) vapor is nowhere near as smelly as smoke, and it doesn't linger nearly as long either. A can of air freshener should instantly kill any vapor smell, even if it is a tad ironic to be spraying nasty chemicals to mask aromatic and natural vapor.

From what I've heard, the Vapolution isn't known for big hits... but personally, I wouldn't blow my vapor into a vent connecting directly to a cop's apartment. :lol:

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
HAHAHA yeah this is also what I think ( and I dont talk about the moment that I'll piss on him):lol:

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
yes man! just vape it and relax.....Vapolution is my portable friend and a cop need more neurons to understand that you are a vaporist!
I love how the Vapo hit me...maybe smaller hits than a vape that allow more plant in the bowl but more concentrate taste for sure!and clean man...i stick to the glass!

marcuss,

3serieSensi

I say vape in comfort, my friend, and just make sure there is some sort of airflow through the apartment. Open two windows for air exchange or even use an overhead fan too.

regardless, I don't think odor of any sort would be distinguishable by a neighbor, as IMO even a slightly ventilated room makes for stealth vaping.

3serieSensi,

PeteYpuFF

Just make a dryer tube, take a paper towl roll and fill the inside with fabric softener sheets. Then exhale your vapor through the tube. No smell.

PeteYpuFF,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Yes to the Original Question and I would heat lavander, ylang ylang & other's to throw em off the scent, making comment's of how you love a drink after a hard day's work should assist in the subterfuge lol. oh and get used to holding it in without coughing ,another dead give away.:lol:

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Purple-Days said:
I agree, no ventilation, the smell drops off quickly and only a vaper really knows.

All the cops have been to a marijuana bon-fire, and know the smell of burning weed. And that's what they expect. No way he will smell it, and if he did he just couldn't know.

Yes, lets hope it stays that way. I can't see it changing.
Also here in Oz 92 percent of pot smoker's wouldn't know what vaped pot smelled like :lol:, Brief thing that it is, Funny hey iv'e allway's felt like the odd man out and sure enough the statistics bear it up

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
vtac said:
Really depends on how pungent your herb is, how thick your vapor clouds are, how many there are and how often. Even at it's worst (best? :D) vapor is nowhere near as smelly as smoke, and it doesn't linger nearly as long either. A can of air freshener should instantly kill any vapor smell, even if it is a tad ironic to be spraying nasty chemicals to mask aromatic and natural vapor.

From what I've heard, the Vapolution isn't known for big hits... but personally, I wouldn't blow my vapor into a vent connecting directly to a cop's apartment. :lol:
I think I'd have a go @ quite Vape with the VG almost anywhere with no eyes directly on me, and if challenged have yah baccy handy too show em what you "really"vape lol

Cannabudz,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
PeteYpuFF...I think you right man. When I was in high school (long ago...), and lived with my parents I used the dryersheet roll method. My dad is ex-military, bible belt, republican, so to never have a problem with actual smoke smell is amazing. Just have to do your own laundry to ensure they don't get wise. ;)

DigitalDavinci,

vapedcrusader

Just burn some incense or an essential oil candle if you are worried about the smell. It is so light that those should cover it.

vapedcrusader,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
Hit, diffuse. Hit, hit, diffuse. Hit, hit, hit, ......confused and abused :ko:
Are you sending vapor signals? Some sort of gaseous Morse code? :D

diffuse

hit hit hit hit

diffuse hit diffuse hit

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Get real Cheecky, and smoke,Coughing Killarettes in front of em, then retreat to your Vape in Relative silence :ninja: :)

Cannabudz,

Skuzzer

As others have said, I wouldn't worry about it, the smell of fresh herb tends to hang around longer than the vaped weed smell

Skuzzer,

AFL

I think you should be fine. Even if they did say something there isn't really anything legal they could do to you unless you have large amounts of MJ in your home at any given point.
Good luck,

AFL,

TJCookier

You can barely smell it in the room you vape in, by the time it'd get to the cops apartment he would hardly notice a smell, let alone be able to pick out that its weed. As someone else said you should prob be more worried about the pot than the actual vapor. Also nonvented room is probably good, it goes away after not very long, especially with some air freshener( febreze air effects is money, gets rid of smoke/vapor smell better than most sprays Ive used) If you really wanted to be safe you could buy a hello neighbor(basically scented sploof) then it just smells like vanilla nut or cherry or w/e scent and isnt suspicious. I'm reaaaally blazed off my vapolution right now, It seems like a really nice unit, taste is definitely superior to volcano/surfer, good choice imo. GL blazing responsibly!

TJCookier,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
What's up TJ? :wave:

I'm reaaaally blazed off my vapolution right now, It seems like a really nice unit, taste is definitely superior to volcano/surfer, good choice imo.
Can you elaborate on why you think so?

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to the forum TJCookier. As a long time Vapolution user, congrats on choosing a top home/portable vape. I do disagree that the Vapo provides better taste than the SSV (a whip beats bags for tasty vapor for sure), although I will allow that taste varies, since everyone is different.

As a Vapo owner, I can also suggest that you check out the Purple-Days vape, since I've found it to be superior to the Vapolution in most respects. The Vapo at my house has gotten zero in-home use since my PD arrived 4 months ago.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom