My MZ doesn't heat up sometimes. I can't find any other post on this.

JohnEarlMadden

I plugged my MZ in last night and it never heated up. I tried changing plugs and nothing seemed to help. When I woke up in the morning it was cold, but 3 hours later it had heated up. It was never unplugged except when I changed the outlet, which only happened once.

Any idea what caused this? I have a transistor replacement kit that rick sent me when I ordered some new stems. I really have no idea how the internals of this thing work, but I'm fairly tech savvy so if someone could point me to some resources I'd love to see them.

JohnEarlMadden,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think he has one already, lwien. This will probably get moved to the Zap thread, but I will comment on it now. John, I think the problem is in your wall adaptor. Did you get a car adaptor when you ordered? If so, you can try plugging into your car and see if it heats up. If so, you know that's the problem. You can either fix the cord with the kit that Rick sent, or order a new adaptor. Shoot Rick an email if you are not sure how to proceed. ;)

momofthegoons,

JohnEarlMadden

I don't think it's the chord. I was doing nothing and it heated up. However, I was working when it was heated so I couldn't use it. The second I go to pack a stem I notice it is cooler and it must have lost power. I hear something shaking inside. I'll shoot rick and email.

JohnEarlMadden,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Based on your description it sounds like you've got a loose connection somewhere, either in the power plug assembly or internally.

underdog,
Top Bottom